Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: KLitschko vs Brewster whos going to win?
Klitschko inside schedule 46 76.67%
Brewster inside schedule 10 16.67%
Klitschko by decision 3 5.00%
Brewster by decision 0 0%
draw/no contest 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Klitschko vs Brewster, pick a winner

Wladimir Klitschko will get a chance at redemption when meeting old adversary and his former conqueror Lamean Brewster on July 7th in Cologne for his IBF and IBO baubles. Brewster of course being the last fighter to defeat Klitschko back in 2004 in a weird match that saw Klitschko dominate the first four rounds then suddenly fall apart to get stopped in the 5th.

Whats your pick for this one

Last edited by Flurry; 06-26-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Flurry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Klitschko vs Brewster, pick a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Wladimir Klitschko will get a chance at redemption when meeting old adversary and his former conqueror Lamean Brewster on July 7th in Cologne for his IBF and IBO baubles. Brewster of course being the last fighter to defeat Klitschko back in 2004 in a weird match that saw Klitschko dominate the first four rounds then suddenly fall apart to get stopped in the 5th.

Hey Merry! Glad to have you back! IMO Wlad will start slowly, hitting only the jab for a few rounds then he'll turn up the pace and smash Lamon with left-right combos. TKO around 7-8.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

I think that Brewster will jump on Wladimir from the very beginning just like in the first fight. However, I think that Wladimir will stop Brewster this time.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Klitschko by systematic KO. Klitschko I think will start out cautious, start to land and wear down Brewster, this time pacing himself and finish the job.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
I think that Brewster will jump on Wladimir from the very beginning just like in the first fight. However, I think that Wladimir will stop Brewster this time.
Jump on Wladimir from the beginning? It has been a while since I seen the fight , but I remember Brewster taking the beating of a life time untill Wlad punched himself out. Any other fighter would of been destroyed from the punches Brewster took.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Hey Merry! Glad to have you back! IMO Wlad will start slowly, hitting only the jab for a few rounds then he'll turn up the pace and smash Lamon with left-right combos. TKO around 7-8.
Hello Darien how is it going? I envision the fight to unfold just as you have laid it out. Nothing much to add here. Brewster should never be underestimated and will be particularly motivated for this one as it might constitute one of the few chances hes got left to step back into the limelight. Another win over KLitschko and hes the man to beat, worldwide. Same as you I believe Klitschko will stop him around the middle rounds

Extremely one sided voting here, I would have thought there were a few more Brewster fans around, but then again those we have probably frequent the main boxing board.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Come July 7th.
Brewster will once again prevail.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry

Wlad wins inside the distance of 12 rounds.I guess that he will be extremely cautious for the first 4-5 rounds trying not to overpace himself.
Wlad's jab will probably be the desicive factor in this upcomming bout.
Brewster has a puncher's chance within the first few rounds.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #9
KillerInstinct
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Brewster does indeed have a punchers chance but even that doesn't look good. With Klitschko's jab preventing Brewster from fighting on the outside, and Klitschko's clinching when Brewster goes on the inside..well Brewster is screwed. It will be a typical Wlad performance, feel out his opponent for the first 3 rounds, start to throw the jab with more power and add some right hands behind that, and eventually finish Brewster of in the later rounds, 9th round is my guess.
KillerInstinct is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Wlad wins inside the distance of 12 rounds.I guess that he will be extremely cautious for the first 4-5 rounds trying not to overpace himself.
Wlad's jab will probably be the desicive factor in this upcomming bout.
Brewster has a puncher's chance within the first few rounds.
Agreed.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I dont now how looking Brewster today but if he came on best shape like before Wlad will get same KO like three years ago.
Wlad is in the life shape and fighting in the Germany where all will suport him. Brewster coming from one of half year layoff and i dont know how exactly will look .
Im giving credit to Wlad 65 with 35. In this match we can see once again drama because Brewster punching hard. If this happens again i will say that Brewster is the best fighter of the past 10 years.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #12
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Right, according to the actual voting result Klitschko shouldn´t find it difficult to stop Brewster inside schedule,

I´ll add Brewster´s view of things a bit further down. He was interviewed by German weekly "Sport Bild", the piece been published only yesterday. Its no spectacular news maybe but he relates back to the first fight and the controversies surrounding it and also gives an outlook on his current state. This of course being my re-translation from the German original, excuse my poor use of English and don´t forget this is Brewster´s opinion - I do not necessarily share it.

Q: Mr Brwester, you defeated Klitschko back in April of 2004 by way of brutal knock out. Why did it have to take 3 full years for a return fight?

Brewster: Maybe it took Klitschko so long to build up his confidence again and thats why only now at last he feels confident he can challenge me again. Very likely he believes I´m vulnerable and rather beatable these days.

Q: After your win in 2004 the KLitschko camp spoke of sabotage, saying some so-called "Ko drops" had been added to his water bottle, which had caused the Ukrainian to tire fast. Whats your stand on this matter?

Brewster: The whole affair hurt my feelings big time. Wladimir himself knows, that there was no one who wanted to poison him. In his heart he knows that he lost fair and square and he himself has to get over the defeat by himself. I put everything into winning the fight and wanted a fair fight, it simply was my night that night.

Q: The FBI even investigated into this. Apparently, Klitschkos blood sugar level had skyrocket, what was the deeper meaning behind the conspiracy theories?

Brewster: Thats difficult to say. A real man would simply admit that his opponent had been better and try to win back his title afterwards. The way Wladimir acted was not sportsmanlike. Klitscko claims there was something fishy about my win, thats something that hurt both me and the whole game and has left a bitter taste.

Q: Klitschko did dominate the first four rounds, then fell apart and got ko´ed, how do you explain what happened?

Brwester: The video quite clearly shows that Klitschko got tired and thats why he lost. He punched himself out and was exhausted because of it, thats common sense. Klitschko knew that in order to keep me at bey he had to punch a lot. He is a big man so his punches cost lots of energy. And thats how he got tired.

Q: Despite beating him last time most people deem you the underdog in this fight now. Is that comprehensible to you?

Brwester: Yes I guess it is. I have in the meantime lost my title while Wladimir got hold of a title of his own. He has been active recently while I haven´t. So I can see lots of people believe I am the underdog.

Q: In how far do you think has Klitschko imporved since your last fight? Has he managed to come out of the low point in his career?

Brewster: Thats rather difficult to tell because ever since fighting me he hasnt boxed any people that were on my level. It is easy to look good when boxing fighters that you know you will beat.

Q: Some "experts" accuse the Klitschkos of carefully picking their opponents, do you share this opinion?

Brewster: I think they have a strategical approach to this matter. When hunting you logically look for the easiest prey. And thats why they only look for the confrontation when they think the right moment for it has come.

Q: It seems the moment for a return fight against you is convenient. You lost your last fight against Sergei Lyakovich. Because of a detached retina on your left eye sustained in that fight you had to pause for 15 months. In the meantime Klitschko has racked off 3 wins in a row. Do you feel the chances are equally divided?

Brwester: I even believe my chances are better. In the meantime I have had time to think about how valuable my career is to me. I am very hungry for another world title. And I want to show that I am the best heavyweight in the world.

Q: The very best? In your match against Krasniqi in 2005 in Hamburg Luan dominated you for 7 rounds before you struck back...

Brwester: You know, in boxing its pretty irrelevant who has got off to a better start, its who is the one who finishes the fight that matters. In the ring I am like a dog, even when I am down on the ground I keep on fighting.

Q: How difficult was the period of time when you had to fear you wouldnt be able to continue your career?

I feared for it each day. God and my family helped me a lot in those times and I preyed each day. My eye has healed 100% now. I feel great and am looking forward to this fight. I will show to the world that the true champ is me.

Q: Whats your prediciton for this fight?

Brewster: I will win no matter how. Of course I cant be sure its possible I can get a decision in germany, so thats why I will choose a different strategy: My fists will be the judge.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Great to see Wladimir trying to clean his slate. A Brewster rematch is the place to start. Wlad by KO 9.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #14
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thanks,merry!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
ryanty22
VRWC Sledgehammer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

brewster is a good "puncher" but not much else wlad will turn his face into hamburger before knocking him out around 7 or 8 wlad might very well make it intentionally painfull for brewster like he did to byrd
ryanty22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum