Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #76
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Leonard - Best Boxer In Last 30 Yrs

palomino is definitely not hof material. he's known more for his beer commercials than he is for anything he did in the ring. He's actually known more for his two losses than he is for any of his wins. Most people don't even know who he won the title from.
redrooster is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #77
brownpimp88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
palomino is definitely not hof material. he's known more for his beer commercials than he is for anything he did in the ring. He's actually known more for his two losses than he is for any of his wins. Most people don't even know who he won the title from.
LOL, sad but true.
Terry Norris has a great resume but how can you explain his loss to keith mullings?
brownpimp88 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #78
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
You're right Pimp. Lets not forget how easily Norris defeated him in the rematch. He was well prepared and whipped Brown as easily as he did Leonard, Mugabi, Leonard, and Taylor.
Norris didn't do dick to Brown by comparison to what Simon did to him the first time. Brown Sadamized Norris the way he should have been, for wrongfully impersonating a great fighter.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 12:28 AM   #79
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Now all you have to do is prove it.

you can't. the only thing we have to compare the two is the actual contest and in case you hadn't noticed, Norris didn't exactly "just scrape by" in the manner that Ray was known for.

"Peak prime Leonard"
Agreed,

and it was rather impressive to see what Keith Mullings, Dana Rosenblatt and laurant boudouani did to a prime Norris. And just think, Norris was only between 30-31 years old ( 3 to 4 years younger than Leonard) when he had those spectacular losses to those all time great fighters. Hell, Norris only lost 9 times in his career with only a mere 4 of them coming by way of knockout. That's really not that many when you think about it. Who in the hell could possibly call Ray Leonard a better fighter and keep a straight face?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #80
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
Norris didn't do dick to Brown by comparison to what Simon did to him the first time. Brown Sadamized Norris the way he should have been, for wrongfully impersonating a great fighter.
I'm sure you didn't notice how Terry took him no sweat in the rematch
Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #81
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Agreed,

and it was rather impressive to see what Keith Mullings, Dana Rosenblatt and laurant boudouani did to a prime Norris. And just think, Norris was only between 30-31 years old ( 3 to 4 years younger than Leonard) when he had those spectacular losses to those all time great fighters. Hell, Norris only lost 9 times in his career with only a mere 4 of them coming by way of knockout. That's really not that many when you think about it. Who in the hell could possibly call Ray Leonard a better fighter and keep a straight face?

hard to keep a straight face telling me how leonard would ktfo terry considering the actual outcome and leonard's lack of a real career. when you got nothing to work with just keep bringing up the 'age' excuse and hope everyone else is dumb enough to buy into it while forgetting his effortless win over Duran prompting Farhood to write "can sugar ray actually lose"?

looked unbeatable to me.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 AM   #82
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
hard to keep a straight face telling me how leonard would ktfo terry considering the actual outcome and leonard's lack of a real career. when you got nothing to work with just keep bringing up the 'age' excuse and hope everyone else is dumb enough to buy into it while forgetting his effortless win over Duran prompting Farhood to write "can sugar ray actually lose"?

looked unbeatable to me.
I just rewatched Norris-Leonard and the Norris victory is tainted for mine.

In the second round Norris floored Ray (he was a bit off balance imo) and then deliberately followed up by hitting him with a big right hand whilst Leonard was still down.

If you recall Roy Jones Jnr got DQ'd for doing something similar to Montell Griffin and if Mills Lane had any competence he would have done likewise to Norris.After all Norris as good as he was had a history of fouling,as his 3DQ losses attests to.

As it was Leonard looked as if he fought in a daze after this moment and Norris dominated him from here on.That one deliberate cheap shot cost Ray any chance of victory so I don't give Norris too much credit for this win.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #83
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

looked unbeatable to me.
Indeed,

and the knockdowns from Hearns and Lalonde were just a pure demonstatrion of how awesome Ray still was in that he was able to get back up from them and be competitive. Plus, look at all the rest he had after only fighting some 5 times in like 8 years. If you ask me Norris was at a total disadvantage. They should have allowed him to use Brass knuckles. I also think that the torn retina injury from the Bruce Finch fight may have improved Leonard's hand eye coordination. Not to mention Ray at 34 was just getting his stride. Hell, look at how great Norris looked at age 31 against guys like Dana Rosenblatt. I'd hate to think of what that version of Terry would have done to even a peak Leonard at 34.

Last edited by mr. magoo; 10-09-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #84
George W Hedge
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Indeed,

and the knockdowns from Hearns and Lalonde were just a pure demonstatrion of how awesome Ray still was in that he was able to get back up from them and be competitive. Plus, look at all the rest he had after only fighting some 5 times in like 8 years. If you ask me Norris was at a total disadvantage. They should have allowed him to use Brass knuckles. I also think that the torn retina injury from the Bruce Finch fight may have improved Leonard's hand eye coordination. Not to mention Ray at 34 was just getting his stride. Hell, look at how great Norris looked at age 31 against guys like Dana Rosenblatt. I'd hate to think of what that version of Terry would have done to even a peak Leonard at 34.

Absolute ****in class.

Thats the best way to deal with that dick rooster.

Leonard would have pissed & farted all over norris in primes & this moron knows this.

George W Hedge is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #85
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Leonard would have KO'd Norris inside 8 rounds.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #86
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Spencer
George W Hedge is a faggot. Norris would always beat Gay Leonard.
You and Rooster must be a double act.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #87
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Hedge

Absolute ****in class.

Thats the best way to deal with that dick rooster.

Leonard would have pissed & farted all over norris in primes & this moron knows this.

Norris pissed and farted all over leonard and bitch slapped him all at the same time. it's a fact now get over it.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #88
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Norris pissed and farted all over leonard and bitch slapped him all at the same time. it's a fact now get over it.
We are all over it. But the Leonard of 10 years earlier was a better fighter, and also wasn't weight drained.

Leonard would have owned Norris.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #89
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
We are all over it. But the Leonard of 10 years earlier was a better fighter, and also wasn't weight drained.

Leonard would have owned Norris.
I seriously doubt that Robbi and what's more, that bit about Leonard's weight is an more than just exagerration but I don't want to aire it here. By the way, what proof is there that he was weight drained?

You were right when you said Leonard wanted a fight at 156 I'll grant you that because it's fact, but this time you have no proof Leonard was weight drained. That fight was made/signed well ahead of it's date and Ray was probably (most likely) in fighting shape and close to the weight he could make comfortably.

It's even more difficult to believe when you realize who made the fight-leonard himself. No one gets to fight leonard unless he makes it.

Ray Leonard is like some girls I used to know: he doesn't like to be chased-he likes to do the chasing so why would he press for a fight he didn't think he could make the weight comfortably? And besides that, his aim has always been to get the other guy to bring his weight down.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum