Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #16
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: What is classic's take on this Pacquiao-Mayweather steroid controversy?

If I was Manny, I'd be itching to have the test to prove my innocence.
Addie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: What is classic's take on this Pacquiao-Mayweather steroid controversy?

Unannounced tests would not help, in my opinion. There is no governing body that is above all parties -- this is a sport of loosely tied-together exhibitions and a playground for promoters. As it is, there are ways around any rule.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I've started my own little trolling job on the General Forum, couldn't resist. Should be interesting.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

Take the test imo, either way, does not matter, dont think something this little will call a fight this big off. Its only a blood test, Dont take it shortly BEFORE the fight as lost of blood will leave the body weak.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
PopeJackson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
Has Pac expressed any fear/phobia of needless before, or is it a new thing?

For one who really has such fear/phobia, I can see how regular blood tests would be a large burden.
The guys got tattoos all over his body for ****'s sake. I don't buy that "phobia of needles" bullshit for a second. And plus he's given blood close to the end of his training camp before (there is footage of it on Hatton-Pacquiao 24/7) so he can't claim that he's scared it'll weaken him before a fight. It's all a bunch of lies.

For a fighter of his magnitude to be turning down a legacy making fight with Floyd and a 40 million dollar purse because he doesn't want to take a little blood test probably means he's hiding something.
PopeJackson is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

There is too much money to be made in this fight. Cooler heads must prevail.

What do I think? This is a vicious accusation, and one that Pacquaio must address.

Perhaps someone in the Mayweather camp who knows the Pacquio people or doctors has inside info, and is using this as a negotiating ploy get their terms in exchange for no blood test, or perhaps its real.

If it were a fake accusation, I think Paqcuaio's camps laughs at it, and goes through with the test, which puts the pressure on Mayweather ( who is rumored to own a ton in taxes ) to sign on the dotted line and give us a true super fight.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #22
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

The fight will happen, too much money for it not to happen and neither man has pulled out.

I always thought since hes been at 130lbs Pacquaio maybe on something. His remarkably low bodyfat, muscularity, phenomenal speed and strength were something a little unatainable. Then there was the fact he would drain 17lbs of bodyweight without being particularly drained. It could just be great genetics and training but I wouldnt be suprised if it wasnt

Going from 122-147 isnt quite as unusual as it may seem given Pac was massive at 122-130 and usually cut 10-17lbs of water to make weight. But he does still gain 5-10lbs of muscle quite quickly while keeping a low bodyfat and cutting water.

Not agreeing to random testing is very very suspicious. Cheaters can easily manipulate planned tests, they cant manipulate random tests anything like as easily
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #23
OBCboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In my opinion, Pacquiao has something to hide by not agreeing to take the drug tests. Mayweather has agreed to take the same drug tests as Pacquiao. The excuse is that Pacquiao is afraid of needles. If he's afraid of needles then how did he get those tatoos? Now that Pacquiao is looking like he has something to hide, he runs behind his attorneys and sues Mayweather for defamation. Well if you don't want to be wrongly accused of taking PED's then take the test to prove to you aren't. He just looks more suspicious by hiding behind Bob Arum.
OBCboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #24
robert ungurean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think hes clean.
robert ungurean is online now  Top
Old 12-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #25
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Schoolgirl bullshit, petty, childish, selfish & disrespectful to the fans & indeed the world that want to see this fight bad.... they wouldnt be millionaires if it wasnt for us paying to see them fight.

Im done with both of them if this fight doesnt get made... I will regard both men as non-existant in future discussions, ATG lists etc.
LoL... the irony. As if you can just eternal sunshine them out of the record books.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #26
HyperBone
Silverback Gorilla
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
The fight will happen, too much money for it not to happen and neither man has pulled out.

I always thought since hes been at 130lbs Pacquaio maybe on something. His remarkably low bodyfat, muscularity, phenomenal speed and strength were something a little unatainable. Then there was the fact he would drain 17lbs of bodyweight without being particularly drained. It could just be great genetics and training but I wouldnt be suprised if it wasnt

Going from 122-147 isnt quite as unusual as it may seem given Pac was massive at 122-130 and usually cut 10-17lbs of water to make weight. But he does still gain 5-10lbs of muscle quite quickly while keeping a low bodyfat and cutting water.

Not agreeing to random testing is very very suspicious. Cheaters can easily manipulate planned tests, they cant manipulate random tests anything like as easily
You're not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Why? cause he is Asian you think he is on roids? Filipinos in the provinces or barrio has body structures the same as Pac and they have less body fat. I know this is not really the issue here but I just want to point it out.

There is an updated article about him willing to take the test 3 days before the fight and after.

I myself would want Pac to take the test to see if hes clean just to shut the Mayweather's mouth. It seems he is inclined to do that, but there seems to be a misunderstanding between both camps.

Pac is innocent til proven guilty.
HyperBone is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBone View Post
You're not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Why? cause he is Asian you think he is on roids? Filipinos in the provinces or barrio has body structures the same as Pac and they have less body fat. I know this is not really the issue here but I just want to point it out.

There is an updated article about him willing to take the test 3 days before the fight and after.

I myself would want Pac to take the test to see if hes clean just to shut the Mayweather's mouth. It seems he is inclined to do that, but there seems to be a misunderstanding between both camps.

Pac is innocent til proven guilty.
All my points went way over your head didnt they, maybe hes clean, if hes clean why not take random tests throughout his camp? He has nothing to lose and proves the doubters wrong. And no there arent loads of Pinoys with the same physical dimensions of Pac

What is Pacquaio's motives to avoid tests after being under suspicion. He is acting guilty. Now maybe he'll accept the testing procedures and prove us wrong, lets wait and see
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #28
TheBradyHawkes
۞
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey1238 View Post
Dont take it shortly BEFORE the fight as lost of blood will leave the body weak.
Doubtful that the small amount needed would make him weak, at any point. He wouldn't even get a cookie at Red Cross for that.
TheBradyHawkes is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #29
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I always find it interesting there has to be some sort of controversy in these megafights.

Professionals have spoke out on the issue and the conclusion is that noone should dictate the terms of the testing and its inconclusive without both blood and urine samples as well as there being no physical harm to either fighter by taking a small tube of blood at any point leading up to the fight.

Each side is in too deep with their position its going to take an interesting angle to get this one resolved. I really do fear the fight is in jeopardy now.
salty trunks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum