Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 12:26 AM   #31
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I called it!!!! The NEW Middleweight Champion of the World... Kelly The Ghost Pavlik

Taylor did try to get Pavlik out of there. He threw a lot of punches in the process.

The problem is he isn't as fast or as accurate as some of you were making him out to be. Plus Pavlik tied up instead of fighting back which was smart.

He went out on his shield though, which is what alot of us suspected. You just had to know that as open as Taylor is to right hands that Pavlik was gonna crush him. If there is one punch you can't afford to get hit by with Pavlik it's that right hand.

But Taylor did take some flush right hands in the process. He doesn't have a terrible chin. Not a Sam Peter chin but decent anyways.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #32
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Default Re: I called it!!!! The NEW Middleweight Champion of the World... Kelly The Ghost Pavlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
This has to do with Jermain's chin. HELLO?????????????????????

Where have you been, man? Are you serious? I mean it. Really?

Everyone knew Kelly's unreal power. What many questioned was Taylor's chin. THAT was exposed tonight. Period.
Taylor chin is ok, it took Pavlik to land a lot of shot to hurt JT. Lets see u take clean shot to the chin, and see how long u stand
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #33
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You called it. I'm a man of my word congrats to Kelly he showed the heart of a champ by getting off the canvas to win.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #34
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Default Re: I called it!!!! The NEW Middleweight Champion of the World... Kelly The Ghost Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillsSoSmooth
I hear you brotha!!, but i gotta say Jermain dug his own grave today, the brotha had the dude dead on his feet and then stopped beating Pavliks ass in the last min of the round, but there's no doubt Taylor was winning the fight easy but i was always concerned about his defence, the dude simply takes too many punches man, if Pavlik was in there with Winky or Hopkins it would have been over, imo Pavlik is a sitting duck because power alone will not carry him far, the man has no combinations at all and is slow as hell, a hit and mover with decent defense will eat him up.
JT HAS POWER,, CHIN,,HEART..BUT AS I SAID WITH MY FIRST POST AND AS i BEEN SAYING HE IS RETARDED. HE HAS A MENTAL BLOCK OR SOMETHING...
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #35
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
You called it. I'm a man of my word congrats to Kelly he showed the heart of a champ by getting off the canvas to win.

Bigtime props to you. You are a good fan.
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 AM   #36
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Default Re: I called it!!!! The NEW Middleweight Champion of the World... Kelly The Ghost Pa

Quote:
The first BIG shot he took was the one in the final round. He ate alot of jabs and some good right hands, but nothing BIG by any means until he was stopped. You know it, and I do too.
SHUT YOUR BLIND DUMB ASS UP..HE ATE PLENTY IN ROUND 3 WHEN THEY WERE GOING BLOW FOR BLOW....PAVLIK WAS JUST A TOUGH MOTHER****ER..HE CHICKEND DANCED HIS WAY TO THE CORNER GOT HIS LEGS BACK AND SHOWED MENTAL TOUGHNESS..JT IS RETARDED.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #37
miamite
tko
ESB Jr Member

you and a million other people. you didn't exactly pick Tyson over Douglas.
miamite is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #38
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:
Taylor was EXPOSED tonight!!!

Personally I thought the complete opposite. One or two more punches on target and it would have all been over 5 rounds earlier.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #39
miamite
tko
ESB Jr Member

Congrats to Pavlik for a great win.
miamite is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #40
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Props to Taylor..I kept saying he had average power..but I was wrong. It is simply the fighters that made him look bad.

Wait a minute. Pavlik was called a "perfect" opponent for Taylor and one that fit him stylistically to a tee. This is why all the Taylor fans were so fonfidewnt he would win easily. You sound silly with your reasoning.
swedeone is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #41
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
JT HAS POWER,, CHIN,,HEART..BUT AS I SAID WITH MY FIRST POST AND AS i BEEN SAYING HE IS RETARDED. HE HAS A MENTAL BLOCK OR SOMETHING...
I think you just saw something that wasn't there man.

He's always been like a weird mix them up kinda mixed up offensive brawler. You also overrated his speed abit too.

He needs a different trainer though. I'm sold that Manny is very overrated for what he does.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #42
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

He definitely got speed and power too. I just don't think he has a 'boxing brain'.....not a great one anyway.
mattress is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:44 AM   #43
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I picked taylor to win, and quite possibly by KO.

Both predictions nearly came true.

Jermain was in no way exposed. To say he was is a big insult to Bernard, to Winky and most of all, to Kelly.

Jermain was a second or two (or a punch or two) from winning in spectacular style. He was winning the fight with cleaner crisper punching.

I have a minor complaint in how long Kelly had to recover before Jermain got at him again. But as I said, it's minor, and I need to watch this again.

All credit to Kelly for picking his ass up off the canvas and regaining composure. All credit to him for his persistence and pressure and finally capitalizing on Jermains mistakes.

The punches were devastating and the stoppage was good. Jermain should have went down and taken an eight count, but I don't think it would have made much difference.

Kelly showed himself to be a finisher, and therein lies the result. The fight was pretty even till the last quarter minute, when the superior finishing skills of Pavlik prevailed.

I under-rated Kelly because he lacked big names on his resume. He certainly has one now !

Congrats to Jermain for his classy acceptence of defeat and his no-excuse interview.

More congratulations to Kelly for a spectacular, get-up-from-the-mat, come-from-behind victory.

There's a new boss at 160 !
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 AM   #44
Decker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Wait a minute. Pavlik was called a "perfect" opponent for Taylor and one that fit him stylistically to a tee. This is why all the Taylor fans were so fonfidewnt he would win easily. You sound silly with your reasoning.
I've had mild disagreements w/you in some of the Peter threads, but started figuring you out when I saw you picking Pavlik over Taylor earlier. And how you're enjoying your call. You go for the big punchers !
Not sure JT was "exposed", but Pavlik got caught early and within 5 rounds stopped Taylor. Impressive performance by Kelly

Not toopretty - you have some serious issues to get this worked up over a fight... sluring posters... take a good look in the mirror
Decker is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #45
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presscot
So was B-Hops.
How fickle of you Jack.

BHop was only exposed if you accept that Taylor was exposed.

Remember, your new sherriff.

He wasn't.

He did well tonight, nearly KO'd Pavlik and was ahead on most scorecards.

Kudos to Pavlik for showing a lot of balls in coming back from the brink, but Taylor put up a good fight.

There'll be a rematch.
cuchulain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum