Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #31
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jermaine" BAD HABITS" Taylor got KO'd! why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
I watched the fight again this morning. Seems Taylor is just not in the proper condition. He has excellent skills and speed, just doesnt see right hands to well, but all that could have been offset if he was in better condition to fight the type of fight everyone knew Pavlik would be bringing. It seemed after the second round he completely shot his load and became slower and weaker.
My suggestion is he get some real good gym fights like Im sure Pavlik has had to prepare him for a more grueling fight. Taylor to me still has more skills, its just his will was broken by a hungrier better condtioned fighter.
Good advice "Lefthook".
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #32
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I watched the fight again this morning. Seems Taylor is just not in the proper condition. He has excellent skills and speed, just doesnt see right hands to well, but all that could have been offset if he was in better condition to fight the type of fight everyone knew Pavlik would be bringing. It seemed after the second round he completely shot his load and became slower and weaker.
My suggestion is he get some real good gym fights like Im sure Pavlik has had to prepare him for a more grueling fight. Taylor to me still has more skills, its just his will was broken by a hungrier better condtioned fighter.
Bad Habits die hard. Jermain is 29, hes gotten this far with what he knew and I doubt that hell ever get that far again. Hes been fighting with these flaws for a while now so i doubt thats gonna change overnight.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #33
bigeddie27
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
And he can't keep poise under pressure for shit, not to mention his terrible defence. It was an easy fight to predict, the only time Taylor even had a significant advantage were the KD round, which broke Pavlik's nose and then the two rounds after it when Pavlik was tenative, when the heat came back on, it was all but essentially over and when Pavlik would land the right shot.
easy fight to predict yet the odds were like 60/40 jermain. and on top of that taylor scored a knockdown and had kelly hurt. was it really that 'easy' amsterdam?
bigeddie27 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #34
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Bad Habits die hard. Jermain is 29, hes gotten this far with what he knew and I doubt that hell ever get that far again. Hes been fighting with these flaws for a while now so i doubt thats gonna change overnight.
The top level fighters sometimes have to experience something before they realize what they need to do to correct it. Lennox Lewis was spot on with his comments at the end of the fight, because hes been there. Hes been in that situation with Ray Mercer, where he was faced with a guy that wouldnt go away no matter how hard he hit him. He looked for excuses to quit in that fight, but Steward told him he needed to fight his way through it and he did. Thats when lewis was a hungry fighter with something to prove.
With Taylor, he has all the money and riches, so Pavlik had the edge over him, because he was fighting for what Taylor already has. Should make for a more interesting second fight, as Pavlik will no longer have that mental goal he had going into this one.
Either way, it was a great fight, and its nice to see a guy like Pavlik, win, hes a class act, and he deserves whatever riches he gets out of boxing, because he did it the old fashioned way, he earned it.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:32 PM   #35
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
easy fight to predict yet the odds were like 60/40 jermain. and on top of that taylor scored a knockdown and had kelly hurt. was it really that 'easy' amsterdam?
The fight could have just as easily ended in the second round, and Pavlik would have simply been written off as an overhyped white hope. The fight still showed Taylor is the better technical fighter, he just didnt have it down deep to grind out the win. Also Smoger gave him no chance to get up, he just stopped the fight, which I found a little odd.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #36
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Two reasons...and two big mistakes he makes.. One. the damned left hand in the pocket with his head and body hunched forward that irritates the all shit out of me. Two.....and this is what I realized finally is the key to all of his problems.and why with his Power.., yes he does have power....he has not been able to KO any damned body. He is by far and in-between the worst finisher in the sport of boxing. Watching that second round is like a mystery inside of a enigma. Pavlik did nothing to avoid the onslaught but grab hold of Taylor weakly twice which gained him two 20 sec rests. While Taylor having his man ready to go or at least could of beaten him with unanswered shots until the ref called it off....just ...sat there and waited for the ref to break the clinch..twice...Taylor has a mental block that prevents his success. It was an easy win for him in the 2nd round, he made it a hard loss due to his mental state.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #37
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

I thought this was a great Jermain Taylor though. He never had a great defense. But his offense was superb. He had the jab going and the killer right hand. It was just that Pavlik caught him in the corner and didnt let him out.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #38
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Two reasons...and two big mistakes he makes.. One. the damned left hand in the pocket with his head and body hunched forward that irritates the all shit out of me. Two.....and this is what I realized finally is the key to all of his problems.and why with his Power.., yes he does have power....he has not been able to KO any damned body. He is by far and in-between the worst finisher in the sport of boxing. Watching that second round is like a mystery inside of a enigma. Pavlik did nothing to avoid the onslaught but grab hold of Taylor weakly twice which gained him two 20 sec rests. While Taylor having his man ready to go or at least could of beaten him with unanswered shots until the ref called it off....just ...sat there and waited for the ref to break the clinch..twice...Taylor has a mental block that prevents his success. It was an easy win for him in the 2nd round, he made it a hard loss due to his mental state.
I believe the reason he couldnt finish, is because he cant fight a grueling fight. Hes not conditoned well enough, and he simply puched himself out, and never really recovered from it for the rest of the fight.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #39
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

For short..Chad Dawson is not the retard..JT is the retard..Chad knows how to finish his man...Does Manny even train JT how to finish a guy off. I mean, I think he missed that meeting. If a guy hurt clinches you on wobbly legs you push the shit out of there ass and get aggressive physically. JT is an idiot. In close Pavlik would beat him upside his head and JT did nothing back..He cant fight on the inside. Manny is all wrong for JT..Manny cant train any of his fighters to do anything on the inside but hold. JT is a retard. I am sorry.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #40
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
I believe the reason he couldnt finish, is because he cant fight a grueling fight. Hes not conditoned well enough, and he simply puched himself out, and never really recovered from it for the rest of the fight.
No... he had the fight..one push..one punch...pushhhhhhh...punch......I mean if a guy on wobbly legs out on his feet grabs you. And there is a minute damn near left in the round...No excuses.. in the 2nd round..how do you lose your energy in the second round...you dont have to hit him with murderous punch after punch..just hit him..with anything..he is not going to hit back and if he does it is with no power and leaves him open for big punch...JT is a retard...
Old 09-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #41
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoTime
spoken like a true village idiot.
Nah..your mother got that title hands down. As well as the town dumpster slut.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #42
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

Quote:
Exactly. All of this "heart of a champion" that Pavlik exhibited was not present. It didn't need to be because Taylor's a dumbass who can waste over a mintue trying to land a meaningful shot on a hurt fighter that never comes. This wasn't Pavlik's heart, it was Taylor's inadequacies that got Pavlik outta the 2nd.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #43
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
For short..Chad Dawson is not the retard..JT is the retard..Chad knows how to finish his man...Does Manny even train JT how to finish a guy off. I mean, I think he missed that meeting. If a guy hurt clinches you on wobbly legs you push the shit out of there ass and get aggressive physically. JT is an idiot. In close Pavlik would beat him upside his head and JT did nothing back..He cant fight on the inside. Manny is all wrong for JT..Manny cant train any of his fighters to do anything on the inside but hold. JT is a retard. I am sorry.
Probably the best post of the day.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #44
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Fighter
Exactly. All of this "heart of a champion" that Pavlik exhibited was not present. It didn't need to be because Taylor's a dumbass who can waste over a mintue trying to land a meaningful shot on a hurt fighter that never comes. This wasn't Pavlik's heart, it was Taylor's inadequacies that got Pavlik outta the 2nd.
+

Man if you look at the round by round thread you see me posting and yelling like WTF are you doing JT...are you retarded JT...the guy is out as out can get. And he holds you and you just patiently sit there and let him hold you. I knew that JT was going to lose after that and in the 3rd with Pavlik still a little shaky early he just did nothing early.. Didnt test Pavlik. Mark of pure mental boxing midget with no Killer instinct.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #45
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
+

Man if you look at the round by round thread you see me posting and yelling like WTF are you doing JT...are you retarded JT...the guy is out as out can get. And he holds you and you just patiently sit there and let him hold you. I knew that JT was going to lose after that and in the 3rd with Pavlik still a little shaky early he just did nothing early.. Didnt test Pavlik. Mark of pure mental boxing midget with no Killer instinct.
Rumor has it that Jermain had an enormous amount of cash money riding on Pavlik to win the fight. Now I'm not saying that played a role on how the second round played out but, hey, you never know.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum