Old 09-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #31
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: is pavlik undisputed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdane
No - I take the word UNDISPUTED quite LITTERAL - unlike you.

Hell, according to your definition Lacy might as well have been considered "undisputed" BEFORE fighting Calzaghe - simply down to the fact that a majority thought he'd beat Calzaghe, who in turn most ppl thought would beat everyone else. If anything YOUR definition is more about just being dominant (but way too early to call Pavlik that).

In fact - even though i'm a big Kessler fan - i do NOT think Kessler should be considered "undisputed", even if he beats Calzaghe. Sure there'd be a lot stronger case for it, than there is for calling Pavlik undisputed now. But there would still be up and comers like Bute with a realistic (though not good) chance of beating Kessler the next day.
And rightly so, because neither Calzaghe nor Kessler will be undisputed no matter who wins. To become the first undisputed champ you have to hold the WBC, WBA and IBF titles at the same time, meaning the winner will have to beat Bute/Berrio to become the first undisputed SMW champion. Something that would not have been necessary if Calzaghe had hold on to the IBF title instead of fighting Manfredo.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #32
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdane
No - I take the word UNDISPUTED quite LITTERAL - unlike you.

Hell, according to your definition Lacy might as well have been considered "undisputed" BEFORE fighting Calzaghe - simply down to the fact that a majority thought he'd beat Calzaghe, who in turn most ppl thought would beat everyone else. If anything YOUR definition is more about just being dominant (but way too early to call Pavlik that).

In fact - even though i'm a big Kessler fan - i do NOT think Kessler should be considered "undisputed", even if he beats Calzaghe. Sure there'd be a lot stronger case for it, than there is for calling Pavlik undisputed now. But there would still be up and comers like Bute with a realistic (though not good) chance of beating Kessler the next day.
not really. my definition of undisputed is, your claim to the championship is regarded as legitimate. i just made a new post about it, but were thinking along the same lines it's just the word play that have us confused.
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #33
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobkhan
Well, it comes down to tha majority like always. Taylor just fought to a draw with Winky. So, Winky can dispute his championship. Abraham, Pavlik and Miranda had strong outings and the majority thought they are a threat for Taylor so he loses his undisputed championship.
Believe what you want to believe, but let me ask you this, when have the majority ever ruled?
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #34
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

to cut down on all this confusion, all sanctioning bodies should be abolished. oe world wide organization should take over.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:42 AM   #35
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well, it does right now. At least were i live.
Do they really, or do they think they do?
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #36
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke
to cut down on all this confusion, all sanctioning bodies should be abolished. oe world wide organization should take over.
I think all of us would agree about that.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #37
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I don´t give shit about any conspiracy theories.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories myself. I was talking plain old politics.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:45 AM   #38
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Pavilik should be Undisputed with all the titles. Jermain got stripped by the WBA and IBF for no ****ing reason other than not fighting their bullshit madatories. Felix Sturm and Arthur Abraham have no real claim to the Middleweight Championship, the belts they hold mean nothing since they beat no champion to win them
Right. With so many alphabet belts out there stripping fighter, how can anyone be undesputed for long.

Pavlik beat the real undisputed champion last night. He is now the un-defeated and undisputed champion at middle weight.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #39
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Right. With so many alphabet belts out there stripping fighter, how can anyone be undesputed for long.

Pavlik beat the real undisputed champion last night. He is now the un-defeated and undisputed champion at middle weight.
gotcha. thats how i define it.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #40
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Right now Germany´s two biggest partys rule in a coalition and if tomorrow would be elections they would still rule.
does the npd have a significant following over there? did'nt they win some seats for representation in meclenburg or was it saxony last year. that made some waves in the news.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:53 AM   #41
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Right now Germany´s two biggest partys rule in a coalition and if tomorrow would be elections they would still rule.
And what if after having won this supposed election these partys should decide Germany should help in some war, and the majority of the German citizens disagreed, what do you think the decision would be? Try to ask some of our American friends or the Danes for that matter.

The majority rule at election day, the governing partys rule rest of the time.

But let us get back to boxing.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #42
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
That´s the way democracy works.
Yep, and luckily so.