Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #61
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larry Merchant on Hector Camacho......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
The following year doesn't count sorry. Mayweather pre Lockridge was considered all but on par with Camacho, on par for some.
you mean highly regarded before he was actually tested-before 'some' you mentioned found out he had no chin. another case of jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john thomas1
If you were as well travelled back in the 80's as you claim you wouldn't need be asking. Maybe you are like the barbers cat, full of piss and wind
and maybe you can't answer the question instead of trying to get me to answer it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john thomas1
I meant pre Rosario. Hector went for the much slower and better stylistic fit in Ramirez. Still possibly his best win ever tho. I'd say it might be his best exhibition. I am not so agenda laden as to claim this wasn't a superb performance. Ramirez suited him, and Camacho sure put on a helluva display.
what do you mean pre rosario? you act as tho rosario is responsible for changing hector's disposition towards fighting when Duodenum straightend out the story but you go on like a broken record "pre-rosario, post rosario".

you'd love to have that glass jawed punching bag take responsibility for it i know how you love the guy, but its embarrassing how you go on about him. Achilles the great gave example that hector took it to the bigger man in his win over leonard which despite what you say, did much better than he was expected especially the way he forced the fight. and his style employed with davis is the camacho of old, the fearless, flawless fighting machine. you just dredge up shit you saw mentioned in some magazines. i know because i've seen those same articles and john, i'm not bothering to read your message until next month so you'll just have to wait until i get back to you. sorry
redrooster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #62
Rubber Warrior
Resident ESB Soothsayer
ESB Full Member

Quote:
"It all ended with Rosario," says HBO boxing analyst Larry Merchant, referring to Camacho's 1986 fight with Edwin Rosario. In that bout, Camacho took his first real beating (though he still won, in a controversial decision). "Rosario was a quick-handed sharpshooter, and when Camacho got hit, he found out he didn't like it. At that point, he decided to work on his personality instead of his prizefighting."
Camacho was more preoccupied with his outside of the ring antics more than anything at that point. Being a young man, partying and frolic were beginning to sap his ethic. His focus suffered and he could not get by on sheer natural ability alone.

Rosario woke him up. It was a match where he'd been hit harder and asked more questions than ever before. He had to dig-in and grit his teeth. He got by, barely, because he was in great shape and he had a knack for escape and survival. He didn't expect to have to fight.

From then on there, Camacho always looked to "pull a Rosario" whenever faced with a stern test or a fight. We saw it with Chavez, Trinidad and Oscar.

In 1986, Hector learned that 1983 was long gone.
Rubber Warrior is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #63
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Warrior
Camacho was more preoccupied with his outside of the ring antics more than anything at that point. Being a young man, partying and frolic were beginning to sap his ethic. His focus suffered and he could not get by on sheer natural ability alone.

Rosario woke him up. It was a match where he'd been hit harder and asked more questions than ever before. He had to dig-in and grit his teeth. He got by, barely, because he was in great shape and he had a knack for escape and survival. He didn't expect to have to fight.

From then on there, Camacho always looked to "pull a Rosario" whenever faced with a stern test or a fight. We saw it with Chavez, Trinidad and Oscar.

In 1986, Hector learned that 1983 was long gone.
Man, good to see you posting!
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:12 AM   #64
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
i'm not bothering to read your message until next month so you'll just have to wait until i get back to you. sorry
Why you im'ed me after all these years to childishly gloat i'll never know, but kindly refrain from messaging me again.

You've been told

Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #65
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Why you im'ed me after all these years to childishly gloat i'll never know, but kindly refrain from messaging me again.

You've been told

okay John. i'll read it later just so you'll cheer up.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #66
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

John, did you get my latest pm? I'm all over your ass today. btw, that chic's a dog.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #67
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
John, did you get my latest pm? I'm all over your ass today. btw, that chic's a dog.
You're kidding aren't you Rooster,that girl in John's avatar is beautiful.

Almost as beautiful as the right hand Julian Jackson planted on Terrible Terry in the second round.

You don't see something as pretty as that very often except for maybe Hector Camacho's face after Julio Cesar Chavez got through with him.Now that was a beautiful sight to see.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #68
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo

Almost as beautiful as the right hand Julian Jackson planted on Terrible Terry in the second round.

You don't see something as pretty as that very often except for maybe Hector Camacho's face after Julio Cesar Chavez got through with him.Now that was a beautiful sight to see.
I've seen better like the pretty red face Ms. Oscar gave Chavez.

not like that ugly thing sticking out of John's avatar-that chic's a dog.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #69
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I've seen better like the pretty red face Ms. Oscar gave Chavez.

not like that ugly thing sticking out of John's avatar-that chic's a dog.
Some how, I get the strange incling that perhaps you might rid that girl's stool of peanuts if given the opportunity.

I know I would.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #70
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

lady looks like a dude it's enough to throw me off my game. john should choose his women more carefully.

Last edited by Marciano Frazier; 07-19-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #71
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo

She's rated top 10 in the world by mostly every organisation that matters. Her looks only earned her a paltry $6 million in 2007

Tho she's gorgeous, i think she takes a back seat to that gargantual right hand Jackson ko'ed Norris with. Bit of a waste tho due to overkill. 1/10 of that blow would have put china chin Terry to sleep.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:59 AM   #72
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I remember watching Simon Brown move up in weight class and utterly destroy Norris. That was an incredible site.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #73
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
I remember watching Simon Brown move up in weight class and utterly destroy Norris. That was an incredible site.
Brown wasn't exactly a monster hitter at 147 either, yet he sure starched Terry. Norris was only 26 too, damn! Had some speed and good skills, but that chin, jeez!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #74
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
She's rated top 10 in the world by mostly every organisation that matters. Her looks only earned her a paltry $6 million in 2007

Tho she's gorgeous, i think she takes a back seat to that gargantual right hand Jackson ko'ed Norris with. Bit of a waste tho due to overkill. 1/10 of that blow would have put china chin Terry to sleep.
Jackson's one of my favorites too!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #75
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Jackson's one of my favorites too!
And i give a damn because......?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum