Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
Nigel_Benn
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default A Neutral Opinion On Pavlik-Taylor

Going in to the fight i had Pavlik the whole time but the morning of the fight i was leaning towards Jermaine, the first round i had for Taylor i felt he won jus on his boxing it was a close round and if i watch it again i prolly would go another way, The second Taylor shocked me i couldnt believe how badly hurt Pavlik was and i screamed for Kelly to hold i was convinced the fight was over and Taylor let Pavlik of the hook and Pavlik showed incredible recovery skills, As the fight went on Pavlik dominated 3 and 4 and Taylor got his boxing together to win 5 and 6 but slowly you could see Taylor losing confidence and the right hands Kellly was landing were hurting more and more then the stoppage came and it was a good stoppage to so were now for both fighters, Taylor should get the rematch it was an exciting fight and we all wanna see it again if it dont happen i can see Taylor retiring his hunger for boxing has been on the wane for the last year now last year he was talkin retirement and i cant see him coming Back, Pavlik for all his excitement is to technically flawed to be a serious threat to the smw champs.
Nigel_Benn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: A Neutral Opinion On Pavlik-Taylor

I did notice that Jermaine Taylor has slight stamina issues. Because every time Jermaine fired back, Kelly Pavlik would stop punching, because he could not handle the speed or power.

That's why i think Jermaine Taylor was using his Jab allot more, to try and dictate the pace, and plus it is a powerful weapon.

Jermaine Taylor at times, would start firing with Bad Intention, but in spurts. Every time he would do this, Kelly Pavlik could not deal with the Bad Intention.

But as the fight went on, Jermaine was suffering, with the pace he was fighting at.

Technically, Jermaine Taylor was counter punching, and had Kelly Pavlik figured out. But he was not used to all that movement in his gameplan in his last fights.

"To win the rematch all Jermaine Taylor needs to do, what he was doing, but sustain it more"

Endurance.

Kelly Pavlik won fair, i give him credit

Primadonna Kool is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum