Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Would Mayweather - Hatton be the worst fight of all time?

I don't mean in terms of quality.

I mean in terms of where their careers are at and where they should be heading.

Is this most unnecessary, pointless and underwhelming fight of all time?

I say yes, without a doubt.
onourway is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528
Default Re: Would Mayweather - Hatton be the worst fight of all time?

No, Middleweight Champion of the world beating on a tomato can was pointless and underwhelming. This has a Gatti-Mayweather feel to it, a massacre in the making.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2204

at least with mayweather gatti- money was moving up in weight to 140- there were alot of people who thought gatti would break money up with ease as the bigger man. its easy to look back and say it was going to be a massacre- but leading up - it was about 70-30- and floyd by safe points ud not by massacre.

this however- has massacre all over it- before its even been cast- this is a bigger mismatch than ive ever seen from a current top or near p4p fighter. Floyd should be completely ashamed- this is nothing more than a novelty fight. M.Hatton isnt even a top 20 welter. completely disgusting- and everything thats wrong with boxing.

1. Money
2. "Money"
slantone is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

its all about floyd wanting to market himself towards british fans because he has seen 1st hand how fanatical they are about boxing and the ridiculous number off ppv's his fight with ricky sold in britain.

floyd wants to give a charm offensive to britain to market himself to british fans because he thinks he can exploit the them to make as much money as he can.

the only thing is, us brits arn't as daft as we look. we can see straight through a charm offensive marketing strategy and we can see straight through a sham of a fight. floyd could beat matthew hatton with his bell end. this fight would sell **** all in britain and to answer your question . . . . . . yes this would be one of the worst fights ever made.
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
dublynflya
I agree!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta View Post
No, Middleweight Champion of the world beating on a tomato can was pointless and underwhelming. This has a Gatti-Mayweather feel to it, a massacre in the making.
One of my first thoughts (upon taking the prospect of this fight seriously) was "Shit, this is going to be like Mayweather-Gatti, only much worse". Whoever Mayweather fights next, he has to put on a show and whilst Matty Hatton has heart and is durable, he is not as good a fighter (Or hit as hard) as Gatti was! I really do not like this match-up at all, for so many reasons! In fact the only things I like about this fight are:

1. Matty Hatton gets a great pay-day (After all, if Mayweather was willing to fight anyone, who would refuse? No-one! And it's not Matty's fault that Floyd considers him as a possible opponent)

2. It would finally expose Floyd Mayweather to be a total wanker who truly does "Duck/dodge/swerve" (call it what you like) world class opponents!! I can forgive him not fighting Pacquiao, but imo he must fight a world-class opponent in his next fight or even his staunchest supporters will question just what is the man all about! I'm a fan of Floyd's, at the moment and I hope to remain so, but such a fight really would put me off the man!!
dublynflya is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 05:58 AM   #6
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
its all about floyd wanting to market himself towards british fans because he has seen 1st hand how fanatical they are about boxing and the ridiculous number off ppv's his fight with ricky sold in britain.

floyd wants to give a charm offensive to britain to market himself to british fans because he thinks he can exploit the them to make as much money as he can.

the only thing is, us brits arn't as daft as we look. we can see straight through a charm offensive marketing strategy and we can see straight through a sham of a fight. floyd could beat matthew hatton with his bell end. this fight would sell **** all in britain and to answer your question . . . . . . yes this would be one of the worst fights ever made.
What I don't get is why Hatton? I can't see this fight ever happening tbh but why is it even spoken about? It's not as if M Hatton is even popular. There'd be more interest from Brit fight fans in Floyd fighting a non British boxer on British soil than a British boxer who no one likes and no one gives a hope to.

RichT is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #7
Crax Sellerman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

Floyd could make it really enjoyable to watch by vowing in the build-up to go 12 rounds without taking a single punch.
Crax Sellerman is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
littlefloyd
Pure boxer
ESB Senior Member

did anyone feel the same shit when tyson was about to fought douglas?
littlefloyd is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #9
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantone View Post
at least with mayweather gatti- money was moving up in weight to 140- there were alot of people who thought gatti would break money up with ease as the bigger man. its easy to look back and say it was going to be a massacre- but leading up - it was about 70-30- and floyd by safe points ud not by massacre.

this however- has massacre all over it- before its even been cast- this is a bigger mismatch than ive ever seen from a current top or near p4p fighter. Floyd should be completely ashamed- this is nothing more than a novelty fight. M.Hatton isnt even a top 20 welter. completely disgusting- and everything thats wrong with boxing.

1. Money
2. "Money"

**** are you talking about Gatti was as shot as it gets and was nothing more than a pumped up Lightweight !!!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Mayweather Gatti 2 written all over it !!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublynflya View Post
One of my first thoughts (upon taking the prospect of this fight seriously) was "Shit, this is going to be like Mayweather-Gatti, only much worse". Whoever Mayweather fights next, he has to put on a show and whilst Matty Hatton has heart and is durable, he is not as good a fighter (Or hit as hard) as Gatti was! I really do not like this match-up at all, for so many reasons! In fact the only things I like about this fight are:

1. Matty Hatton gets a great pay-day (After all, if Mayweather was willing to fight anyone, who would refuse? No-one! And it's not Matty's fault that Floyd considers him as a possible opponent)

2. It would finally expose Floyd Mayweather to be a total wanker who truly does "Duck/dodge/swerve" (call it what you like) world class opponents!! I can forgive him not fighting Pacquiao, but imo he must fight a world-class opponent in his next fight or even his staunchest supporters will question just what is the man all about! I'm a fan of Floyd's, at the moment and I hope to remain so, but such a fight really would put me off the man!!
Mayweather wants to get back in the ring ASAP, Mosley won't be ready to fight again until late May. All the other welterweights are too busy fighting or doing somethign else. That said, Mayweather fighting Matty Hatton would be a joke, he should fight Said Ouali or Vyacheslav Senchenko.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
littlefloyd
Pure boxer
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
Mayweather wants to get back in the ring ASAP, Mosley won't be ready to fight again until late May. All the other welterweights are too busy fighting or doing somethign else. That said, Mayweather fighting Matty Hatton would be a joke, he should fight Said Ouali or Vyacheslav Senchenko.
he's going to fight matt if its in england because hatton is english, its just a stay busy fight if it happens i don't see anything wrong with it and also to promote himself to his UK fans. Just like when tyson fought a nobody like douglas in japan.

If he's trying to promote himself he wouldn't do it against non marketable names like those you just mentioned especially the other guy whose name you can even hardly spell and pronounce
littlefloyd is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #13
C HOP
The World Awaits
ESB Addict

vCash: 258

could you imagine if hatton beat him, just managed to scrap the luckiest punch together and knocks him out, i know i know it wouldnt happen but flyod must have the worse comeback in boxing history if he fights hatton
C HOP is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #14
SonyConnect
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I do believe the efforts of the Mayweather camp to fight a fighter who isn't even considered a top 10 opponent shows that Floyd Mayweather isn't serious about being the #1 welterweight, or the #1 p4p fighter. You can't argue with these facts.
SonyConnect is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #15
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

I'm quite sure this is a smoke screen.
timmyjames is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum