Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #31
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What Specifically gives Pavlik his Power ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian55
Thats not really true about leverage.
I agree with you, most peeps here post their unsupported opinions like it was fact, Tyson did not have long limbs and did not rely on leverages

Once again, there is no magic secret to a KO, it happens when it happens, and like I said before the opponent plays an important role in the KO also
LoBlow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #32
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlow
Golf? thats the best you can do? I think Tiger does what he does because he has been doing it since he was a child, it has nothing to do with his body type

You do not think that having the leg strength and core muscles that allow him, or another hard hitter in any striking sport, to accelerate through the hitting motion faster than others provides him with an advantage? If you let me watch a dozen young golfers and a dozen young batters I can guarantee you I will tell you which ones would be a slugger if they started boxing.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #33
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree with you, most peeps here post their unsupported opinions like it was fact, Tyson did not have long limbs and did not rely on leverages

Once again, there is no magic secret to a KO, it happens when it happens, and like I said before the opponent plays an important role in the KO also
Oh yes Tyson did have leverage same as Tua and Frazier they put their legs, backs and hips into their punches. Tyson always had a good bend in his knees when he was throwing his "hydrogen bombs". Those guys definitely weren't arm punchers.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #34
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge
You do not think that having the leg strength and core muscles that allow him, or another hard hitter in any striking sport,

Yo don't get it twisted, I am sure you impress the mere noobs with your text here, I am aware of the the techniques used to deliver a punch

I can care less about Tiger woods and your golf analogy, anyone that spends enough time applying them selves to hitting a ball in a hole can be good regardless of body type

What I am saying is that besides the basics of learning to box and knowing how to deliver a punch, there is no magical secret to knocking out some one, the ability to knock someone out is not something that a chosen few possess, and the rest will never be able to so they come on a forum full of posers seeking the magical answer

We all have the ability to knock some one out, but there are others factors that come into play besides having some special ability over all others
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #35
Mikro

Quote:
Yo don't get it twisted, I am sure you impress the mere noobs with your text here, I am aware of the the techniques used to deliver a punch

I can care less about Tiger woods and your golf analogy, anyone that spends enough time applying them selves to hitting a ball in a hole can be good regardless of body type

What I am saying is that besides the basics of learning to box and knowing how to deliver a punch, there is no magical secret to knocking out some one, the ability to knock someone out is not something that a chosen few possess, and the rest will never be able to so they come on a forum full of posers seeking the magical answer

We all have the ability to knock some one out, but there are others factors that come into play besides having some special ability over all others
I don't think anyone asked for a magical secret. Pavlik has good power, its not a stupid question to ask why. Especially if you're a boxer interested in developing your own power. And if you do think it's a stupid question why not just stay out of the thread and be an obnoxious prick somewhere else?
Mikro is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #36
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
What Specifically gives Pavlik his Power ?
yeah yeah smart boy, the starter of this thread might not have asked for the magical secret but he was seeking the specific thing that gives Pavlik power
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #37
Mikro

Thats what I just said... if you're trying to develope your own skills shouldn't you look at the people who excel at what youre trying to do and breakdown specific things they do that maybe give them an edge?

For example, Kelly usually takes small steps. This helps him keep his balance and put good power into his shots. Thats something specific that someone boxing could keep in mind to improve their own punching.

You yourself talk about developing technique... what do you think that means if not looking at specific aspects of the process and working to improve them?
Mikro is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #38
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

What works for Pavlik will not necessarily work for some one else, although I do agree with you to a certain extent about watching and learning from those who do it well

Yes I talk about developing technique but unlike you and the other sheep, I do not mean developing techniques based upon others

To me developing ones technique is done by studying yourself and knowing what you can and cannot do due to your attributes and many other factors, then taking that information and working and perfecting things such as offense, defense, punching combos, feet spacing, other bodily movements
that will benifit you
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #39
Mikro

Quote:
What works for Pavlik will not necessarily work for some one else, although I do agree with you to a certain extent about watching and learning from those who do it well

Yes I talk about developing technique but unlike you and the other sheep, I do not mean developing techniques based upon others

To me developing ones technique is done by studying yourself and knowing what you can and cannot do due to your attributes and many other factors, then taking that information and working and perfecting things such as offense, defense, punching combos, feet spacing, other bodily movements
that will benifit you
Right... well congratulations but really who gives a f-ck? You do your thing and reinvent boxing theory. The rest of us will learn from people who know what they're doing.

My only point was that your comments were rude and made you sound ignorant while also lowering the value of this thread to any reader. This forum is for people to ask questions and get information... why are you even here, you can just learn everything you need to know watching yourself shadowbox.
Mikro is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #40
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

it was not my intention to be rude and I am far from ignorant, your lack of understanding the Queens English makes you think that way

As for the Value of this thread and forum, how could it be any lower? the questions asked here are no intelligent and if most took the time to use theirs though processor the would not even type the question in the first place,

As for the asking questions and then getting informations, thats the troubling part, for you see no one here is an authority and the just give their uneducated opinions, which the end result just further pushes the ignorance

As to your question as to why am I even here, I am here for the amusements
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #41
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Being good at it and being great at it are two different things. Even Chris Byrd and Sven Ottke have KO victories but they weren't like Mike Tyson and Kostya Tzsyu hitting opponents so hard they flopped across the ring and started doing the infamous chicken dance.

I do agree with you that anybody can have a KO punch but some boxers are just naturals at it. Tommy Hearns had what I'd call rangy leverage that gave him a lot of power at a certain distance while Mike Tyson and Joe Frazier had power in short punches that came from their legs, glutes, obliques and back being torqued into their punches.

I also have to mention one thing that seldom is mentioned in terms of punching power accuracy

The punches that aren't seen, that land right on a KO point are the real killers, even if they aren't necessarily the hardest punch thrown in the fight. I think that's a big reason why the left hook thrown countering a right hand or a right hand coming over a left hook often end boxing matches.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #42
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Yeah Butch I am hearing you man! I am glad you mentioned accuracy for I also forgot to mention that

Punches that are not seen are by far the worst and would yield higher KO results, this is very true, if one sees the punch coming or the intentions he has the ability to brace and or prepare for the impact, but those that are stealth leave one no time to prepare and can do more damage to the unsuspected
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #43
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

pimp sauce.....
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #44
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

I did not want to mention the pimp Sauce, because Pavlik is a Caucasian, and he does not seem to possess pimpability aspects

But yes indeed Pimp Sauce is the main ingredient in a sever KO punch
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #45
Grebfan9
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I agree with you on the physique thing. Danny (Little Red) Lopez
was a skinny guy, yet he punched with awesome power.

Bob Foster comes to mind as well. Leverage and timing!!!

Grebfan9
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp
The fight on the weekend was really proof that physique has nothing to do with power.

Analyzing Kelly's right hand carefully, what aspects of it give him the power ?

It doesn't seem excessively fast, i think he sits down on it well meaning he drives his hips into the punch. His timing is decent but not amazing

What else makes him so powerful ?
Grebfan9 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing