vCash: 1618
Default Re: What Taylor Needs To Do To Get Back on Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney
Lets face it.
Taylor is ****ed.
Lousy chumpion.
No chin.
Cant go the distance against a real fighter.
He will have his work cut out trying to beat someone in the top 10.
Oh --- I forgot,
Judges ---

That post really makes you look stupid. BTW I was rooting for KP.
mattress is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 PM   #17
Jersey Boxer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzboy
There is no need for him to stay away form pavlik he can beat pavlik. He just has to adjust
yea and of course Pavlik won't, he's just gonna do the same stupid shit again rite?...

People really under estimate Pavlik's trainer, who do you think comes up with the fight plan? ITS HIS TRAINER, he spends hours at a time analyzing Pavliks opposition and finds flaws, and I'm not talkin bout just sayin some basic shit like oh this guy only mores to one side or suntin like that, he really looks into the other guys techniques and points out detailed flaws.

So yea, I hope Tayler makes adjustments so he can show the world that Pavlik can adjust as well...
Jersey Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #18
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Boxer
yea and of course Pavlik won't, he's just gonna do the same stupid shit again rite?...

People really under estimate Pavlik's trainer, who do you think comes up with the fight plan? ITS HIS TRAINER, he spends hours at a time analyzing Pavliks opposition and finds flaws, and I'm not talkin bout just sayin some basic shit like oh this guy only mores to one side or suntin like that, he really looks into the other guys techniques and points out detailed flaws.

So yea, I hope Tayler makes adjustments so he can show the world that Pavlik can adjust as well...
His gameplan looks the same regardless of who he fights. I havent seen him look different in any fight and he gets hit too much.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #19
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

taylor is no longer hungry as a fighter. I have not seen any improvement in his punching technique (hence the gass out in 2nd round) under steward. he still carries his left low and doesn't have any other punch besides the straight left.

taylor is a very sloppy fighter anyone can see this. I was hoping manny could correct some of these flaws but it never happened. taylor should dump manny and get with floyd sr. to

1. improve his conditioning and strength
2. improve his defense
3. and finally to improve his punching technique

manny cannot and does not have the skills as a coach to improve a 30 year old fighter like taylor.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #20
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
taylor is no longer hungry as a fighter. I have not seen any improvement in his punching technique (hence the gass out in 2nd round) under steward. he still carries his left low and doesn't have any other punch besides the straight left.

taylor is a very sloppy fighter anyone can see this. I was hoping manny could correct some of these flaws but it never happened. taylor should dump manny and get with floyd sr. to

2. improve his defense

manny cannot and does not have the skills as a coach to improve a 30 year old fighter like taylor.
Quite right....
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #21
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Quite right....

It's too bad you can't feed him virtual peanuts when he is actually right about something.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #22
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Taylor needs to be more consistant. He lose focus of the game plan. People are saying he shouldn't have tried to bang with Pavlik, but when he did, he sat Pavlik on his ass! In the rematch, he needs to mix it up better. Bang here and there, and box. Mainly, keep the head movement like he did earlier, and use the jab more often. 2nd, keep that left hand up, and stay out of the corner. Keep Pavlik in the center of the ring. If he can do that in the rematch, he wins hands down
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #23
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Taylor needs to be more consistant. He lose focus of the game plan. People are saying he shouldn't have tried to bang with Pavlik, but when he did, he sat Pavlik on his ass! In the rematch, he needs to mix it up better. Bang here and there, and box. Mainly, keep the head movement like he did earlier, and use the jab more often. 2nd, keep that left hand up, and stay out of the corner. Keep Pavlik in the center of the ring. If he can do that in the rematch, he wins hands down
his current conditioning is so bad I don't think he could beat pavlik at 168. he really needs to dedicate himself to boxing full -time and that means get his ass in the gym like floyd and shane.

jermain is not a gym rat and it cost him against a bigger stronger guy.

at 30 I just don't think he is hungry enough to be a great champion.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #24
thai-hardhitter972
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

He can beat Palik with his speed and skills, his condition is what worries me if theres a rematch , he tends to fade/get Lazy in late round of every fight. He needs to drop his amature style and pace him self he came out like an energized bunny and run out of battery , but I know he has all the tools to beat Palik
thai-hardhitter972 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #25
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:

2. improve his defense

Excellent post
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #26
booklord
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

First Taylor needs to work on his stanima issues. Kelly Pavlik puts a lot of pressure on his opponents and forces them to fight at a higher pace than they're used to.

Second Taylor needs to find an answer for Pavlik's jab that he was using so effectively in the late rounds to set Taylor up for his power shots. Pavlik is the taller, longer fighter. I'm not sure Taylor has ever faced an opponent like that before.

Finally Taylor needs to find some more heart. Pavlik showed incredible heart getting up and surviving in the 2nd. More by winning the 3rd. PAvlik's unlikely to get so careless around Taylor ever again, so Taylor will really need to find some heart of his own.
booklord is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #27
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict

Quote:
his current conditioning is so bad I don't think he could beat pavlik at 168. he really needs to dedicate himself to boxing full -time and that means get his ass in the gym like floyd and shane.

jermain is not a gym rat and it cost him against a bigger stronger guy.

at 30 I just don't think he is hungry enough to be a great champion.

I can't argue with that, but he need to let Manning go. He doesn't respond to him well.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #28
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I can't argue with that, but he need to let Manning go. He doesn't respond to him well.
I agree 100%. if he doesn't drop manny and get with a real technician like floyd sr. he is finished. JT has zero technique offensively and defensively so a rematch with pavlik who is younger and stronger is pointless unless changes are made in his attitude towards boxing.

I mean we have both seen floyd's training videos, now compare that to JT's training videos.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #29
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Yeah, just like school: There are some teachers that some students connect with realy well which allows them to learn, while the same teacher may not have that impact on other students. Because Emmanuel has accomplishments, it doesn't mean he's the best trainer for everyone.

I think we are starting to see that Emmanuel/JT don't bind to well.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #30
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

That was one of the 2 reasons I picked JT to lose. He keeps his left hand low and he wasn't showing improvement because he and Steward don't seem to be on the same page with each other.
kg0208 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum