boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #31
prov
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: First Amateur fight tomorrow....any advice??

SO I PROMISED I'D LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT WENT TODAY....BEFORE YOU READ ON JUST KNOW THAT I DIDN'T FIGHT

Had the jitters all day....My first amateur boxing match! Went to the venue 30 minutes drive from me- Registered, Weighed in, got seen by doc.....Total chaos....apparently they had more people than expected so not everyone would be fighting. They draw numbers for fights.....My weight division (178 ) is postponed to next week!!! AT THIS POINT I WANT TO HIT SOMETHING...To add to that I hear two of the guys in charge discussing how fights may not happen because the EMT's have not arrived!

The place was packed! 200+ people at $20 a pop...They were refunding $ because at 8:45 there was still no sign of the first fight happening.

Total let down man....I was excited all day and was really turned off by this lack of organization.

I'll contain my excitement for one more week.....

Is it always like this at a first meet of the year???
prov is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #32
manhattanboxer3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

do not eat chinese before the fight
manhattanboxer3 is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #33
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov View Post
SO I PROMISED I'D LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT WENT TODAY....BEFORE YOU READ ON JUST KNOW THAT I DIDN'T FIGHT

Had the jitters all day....My first amateur boxing match! Went to the venue 30 minutes drive from me- Registered, Weighed in, got seen by doc.....Total chaos....apparently they had more people than expected so not everyone would be fighting. They draw numbers for fights.....My weight division (178 ) is postponed to next week!!! AT THIS POINT I WANT TO HIT SOMETHING...To add to that I hear two of the guys in charge discussing how fights may not happen because the EMT's have not arrived!

The place was packed! 200+ people at $20 a pop...They were refunding $ because at 8:45 there was still no sign of the first fight happening.

Total let down man....I was excited all day and was really turned off by this lack of organization.

Welcome to amateur boxing. You'll experience more events like this for sure.
amy is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #34
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
What she said.
Youngblood is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #35
turpinr
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
oh yes.it wont be the last time
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #36
Boxerguy000
WI.BoxerGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov View Post

Don't feel bad this happens a lot, I went to a charity event where I was supposed to box, got there and had all my gear with, only to find that the owner of the gym took my spot and opponent for one of his guys. I was sincerely disappointed, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]I raised almost $500.00 for the charity and then didn't get to box!

Last edited by Boxerguy000; 01-09-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Missed some wording
Boxerguy000 is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #37
HTownTexan

vCash:

Get angry. It's all on the line here so you better ****in go for it. Come out swinging, land the first big shot and go from there. If he hits you, grin and throw back a bomb of your own.

Keep throwing big ****in shots, don't throw a single shot without full power behind it. That's a waste of time.

If you hurt your man, take him to the ropes and work the body. Left hook downstairs followed by the right uppercut up the middle will take your man out.

Anything less than a knockout is failure, either knock him out or get carried out there yourself. Never quit and never stop punching.

This is boxing.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing