Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Vivian Harris vs Ricky Hatton

Who wins? Harris is talking a lot of shit about Hatton, saying he'd be the easiest fight of his career.

Dominating the ghost of Lil Stevie Johnston doesn't convince me he can beat Hatton. Afterall, Johnston did make a rally in the 6th round and worked Harris pretty good. Harris was DEAD TIRED.

Harris is a front runner with ZERO stamina and to me, he has a questionable chin. Hatton breaks Harris down with murderous bodypunches on those skinny ribs and TKO's him in the mid rounds.
Executioner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Vivian Harris vs Ricky Hatton

Hatton would destroy Harris

Remember, Harris refused to fight Hatton for a career high payday when he found out Hatton would get more than him and since his WBA paper strap was on the line he went and fought someone else for less than half what he was offered to fight Hatton. Every fight he's taken since then combined he's made less than he would have against Hatton. And we all know what happened about a year later

Hatton beat Tszyu, Harris was KTFO by Maussa
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 983

Harris has the advantage of being able to fight inside of outside and be effective... You want to bring up the Maussa fight, lets bring up the urango fight and the Collazo fight... Lets also mention that Ricky has been fading late in fights lately... Hatton would get taken advantage of from the outside.. Collazo could have stopped him and Luis isn't known for punching power... Harris has underrated power, and he's a very good boxer with decent speed, faster than Castillo.... Harris wins this fight... but barely...
Jaaames is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

God damn I LOVE Carlos Maussa.

I want Harris to beat Hatton just for VENGEANCE
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Style wise Harris will have a good shot of beating Hatton but eassiest fight? That's just ****i'n hype.

Let's be real about this . . . Harris was KOed by Maussa whom Hatton has KOed in the 9th. It's more realistic to think that Hatton will walk over his punches and level him down to the canvas once he slowed down later on in the fight.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #6
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Hatton beats him
But I think Harris gets a little underrated because of the Maussa debacle.

He is still a dangerous fighter, especially at range.
His lack of stamina, chin and true skill would make him pretty easy pickings for Hatton but Id give Harris a big chance against most at 140.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #7
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaames
Harris has the advantage of being able to fight inside of outside and be effective... You want to bring up the Maussa fight, lets bring up the urango fight and the Collazo fight... Lets also mention that Ricky has been fading late in fights lately... Hatton would get taken advantage of from the outside.. Collazo could have stopped him and Luis isn't known for punching power... Harris has underrated power, and he's a very good boxer with decent speed, faster than Castillo.... Harris wins this fight... but barely...
Well the difference being that hatton won his fights by a mile, and harris well...................didn't.
teetop is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #8
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Hatton by KO

The pressure, body shots, and determination would be more than Harris could handle. Lazcano made it close against Harris who seems to be Zab Judah-lite in his mentality.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 AM   #9
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Harris can **** off. He had his big chance to fight Hatton and pulled out
David UK is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 AM   #10
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

its a fight i would want to see.

I wanna see Hatton clean out his division

Witter, Harris, Hopkins, Malignaggi

And then I want Ngoudjo to whip his white ass to shreads!

yes i know, wishful thinking
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:19 AM   #11
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner
Who wins? Harris is talking a lot of shit about Hatton, saying he'd be the easiest fight of his career.

Dominating the ghost of Lil Stevie Johnston doesn't convince me he can beat Hatton. Afterall, Johnston did make a rally in the 6th round and worked Harris pretty good. Harris was DEAD TIRED.

Harris is a front runner with ZERO stamina and to me, he has a questionable chin. Hatton breaks Harris down with murderous bodypunches on those skinny ribs and TKO's him in the mid rounds.
Harris is a BUM, he got knocked out by damn Carlos Maussa. With that I'm sure Hatton will face him instead of facing the more dangerous Paulie Malignaggi
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 AM   #12
smokey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'd like to see the fight. Harris gets way too much flack. He's still one of the most dangerous guys at 140... for 4 rounds. Then he's an average fighter... for another 4 rounds. Then he's a dude waiting for a stiff breeze to knock him over. Personally I've always thought that 140 was too light for him, and that is a big cause of his stamina problems. The problem is that his defense isn't that good so he needs the height/reach advantage to be competative.

I'd pick Hatton to stop him midway through, but I wouldn't be surpised to see Hatton taste canvas early on. I don't think you can say Harris would be a no hoper in the fight, either. People bring up the Maussa loss like Harris just got his ass kicked. He was putting a monster beating on Maussa before he gassed out. Stamina is just his achilles heel. He's a rangy dude with good speed and great power, dangerous for anybody.... which is why he won't ever get a fight against a top flyer without a belt. Who'd risk it?
smokey is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #13
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Me thinks Hatton kicky his arse!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #14
lmartin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
its a fight i would want to see.

I wanna see Hatton clean out his division

Witter, Harris, Hopkins, Malignaggi

And then I want Ngoudjo to whip his white ass to shreads!

yes i know, wishful thinking
I thought your man lost to Randall Bailey but to think Bailey would have gotten that decision in Montreal is a stretch. I'm not impressed with Ngoudjo at all.
lmartin is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #15
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 983

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
Style wise Harris will have a good shot of beating Hatton but eassiest fight? That's just ****i'n hype.

Let's be real about this . . . Harris was KOed by Maussa whom Hatton has KOed in the 9th. It's more realistic to think that Hatton will walk over his punches and level him down to the canvas once he slowed down later on in the fight.
you shouldn't always goes by that... In that fight, Harris didn't fight his fight... You look at the second Urkal fight and then you look at the Maussa fight..... 2 different fighters...
Jaaames is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum