Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #61
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563
Default Re: Thaxton v Stewart - British Lightweight Title Fight!

The fasting may have effected Khan's weight.

Ideally you want to east lots of small meals, but Khan has probably had to eat a few large meals during the restricted times he is allowed to. Slows down metabolism one way or another.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #62
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
The Kahn fight should definately happen. before I though jono might be too strong for him, but I think now if Khan boxes smart and doesnt get involved he could beat Thaxton.
If Khan doesn't get involved he'd give himself a decent chance of winning , but once Khan has success(and there is no doubt that early on his speed and reach will mean he's able to land on Thaxton reasonably easily) he'll become more aggressive and he'll eventually walk onto a big shot .

Even if he does box cautiously there is still the very good chance he'll get caught , or that Jon's body punching will slow him down/break him down .

Thaxton isn't going to beat Khan on points and unless he catches him in the first round I'm fairly sure he'll be behind at the time of stopping him..........but he will stop him .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #63
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
I'm betting Khan would beat up Thaxton enough early on, so that the intangibles needn't become a factor.
VERY possible. Khan might tattoo him and cut him to shreds inside 4 rounds and leave him a mess before Thaxton can put his intangiables into effect.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #64
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Hey.

Lets give Stewart some credit here. All this 'Thaxton was poor' stuff Im reading, he was poor for a reason, cos Stewart was giving him the fight of his life!

It all panned out more or less as I predicted here just a few days before the fight, I said Stewart was talented but has been brought along the wrong way with too many 4 & 6 rounders under his belt, & the lack of experience fighting in the late rounds would tell, & thats exactly how it happened. Stewart boxed Thaxtons ears off at times, but that wasnt cos Thaxton was poor, it was because Stewart is a smart slippery boxer with a great jab, & he used his height & reach to great advantage.

But like the Meager fight beforehand, Stewart didnt have the punch to finish the job & ran out of gas again, & was stopped similarly, but both fights were domestic classics.

So less of the 'Thaxton exposed' please, & lets give Dave Stewart some credit for a fine & gutsy performance that pushed Thaxton to the very limit, in what was a great fight.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum