Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 219
vCash: 1000
Default HBO disrespected Floyd...

Did HBO disrespect Floyd? I think so. Hes gotta be the most hated boxer in the game especially on this forum. Did he get called out by Hatton and those ****ed up comments by Max Kellerman (way outta line). It just seems just like when they started to hate Bernard when Jermain started to rise. It just aint right for these gifted fighters that have done so much for the game. That was supposed to be Hattons night, Floyds says he's retired. What yall yelling his name for?
Speak.King is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

They hired Kellerman to do what he does, not read an HBO scripted commentary. Who gives a shit if he's the most hated. Floyd seems to like that role.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
Archie_Moore
ALL TIME KO KING
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

He's hated for a reason. When you say you are the best fighter who ever lived while fighting guys like Baldomir, Bruseles, or a guy who hasn't won a decent fighter sense 2002 (DLH)... it's going to get people amde at you.

That's just a fact.
Archie_Moore is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 219
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
They hired Kellerman to do what he does, not read an HBO scripted commentary. Who gives a shit if he's the most hated. Floyd seems to like that role.
Well what happened to Max, he usually jerks Floyd off to completion.
Speak.King is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Lol at Floyd fans whinning about him being hated. Man Floyd has basically (according to Floyd fans) made a living off of promoting himself in a way which would cause people to hate him. Right?
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 219
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie_Moore
He's hated for a reason. When you say you are the best fighter who ever lived while fighting guys like Baldomir, Bruseles, or a guy who hasn't won a decent fighter sense 2002 (DLH)... it's going to get people amde at you.

That's just a fact.
Why wouldnt he fight Baldomir or DLH? Please explain.
Speak.King is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
badger6
Ask your wife !!!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ask your wife !!!
Posts: 606
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Whatever ***** Boy Gets, he deserves. I think he deserves a brutal KO loss, and he will get it eventually, ha ha ha ha.
badger6 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
Lol at Floyd fans whinning about him being hated. Man Floyd has basically (according to Floyd fans) made a living off of promoting himself in a way which would cause people to hate him. Right?
One day...
"He acts that way to promote the fight!"

NExt day....

"Why does everyone hate Foyd?"
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Oscar de la Roa
I'm THE lightweight champ
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 771
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

I agree with kellerman`s comments outta place
Oscar de la Roa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 219
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
I disagree, the most hated fighter in these boards is Pacquiao!!! The guy is a model fighter, a gentleman, humble, couragious, big heart, exciting. But withought the Filipinos in this board to show him love, he'll basically have 2 fans. You cannot compare PBF as a person to Pacquaio, this guys gives cash away to all the people back home, he is too nice, yet he gets bashed, all his deficiencies are discuss till everyones balls are blue.
Floyds name is just about on every forum. He's tied to everyone in some way or another. People want his ass beat. But he doesnt seem to fall into the traps of what fans want him to do so I dont see it happening (Ring generalship).
Speak.King is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
One day...
"He acts that way to promote the fight!"

NExt day....

"Why does everyone hate Foyd?"


Yep, its not hard to understand.
acb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #12
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Anyone have transcripts to what Kellerman said?

I recall him saying he's the "Anti-Mayweather" and proceeded to mention Hatton's qualities...which makes some fans mad?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #13
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
I disagree, the most hated fighter in these boards is Pacquiao!!! The guy is a model fighter, a gentleman, humble, couragious, big heart, exciting. But withought the Filipinos in this board to show him love, he'll basically have 2 fans. You cannot compare PBF as a person to Pacquaio, this guys gives cash away to all the people back home, he is too nice, yet he gets bashed, all his deficiencies are discuss till everyones balls are blue.
there's a few who hates him actually and they post a lot! makes you think that way
boxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Ricky Hatton put him on blast. I love that they cut to Emmanuel Steward and he couldnt hold it in. It made him laugh.
the_what is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
badger6
Ask your wife !!!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ask your wife !!!
Posts: 606
vCash: 1000
Default Re: HBO disrespected Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak.King
Floyds name is just about on every forum. He's tied to everyone in some way or another. People want his ass beat. But he doesnt seem to fall into the traps of what fans want him to do so I dont see it happening (Ring generalship).
If he dosen't fight some of the best fighters of his era, he will be a joke. Not an ATG. I suspect that he will be back for more money eventually and that is when he is gonna get RJJed to the extreme !!! It takes boocoos of money to hang out with that 27Cent goofball, didn't you know ???
badger6 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013