Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #121
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Nate Campbell In April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacory Harris View Post
At least Campbell is game and man enough to step up to the plate and face Floyd. hey, don't like Campbell. Well, tell Pacquiao to quit hiding and sign the damn contract.

Tell Floyd to stop hiding behind false rumors and accusations to prevent the fight from being made. He's the one who requested the extra testing and ultimatley the main hold up for the fight. Remove the request and the fight is done....bottom line.
charlievint is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #122
boxingfanneato
what would MORALES do!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

i still haven't found anything confirming this fight. i still have my doubts about this fight. i actually found the same amount of stuff saying he's gonna fight bradley. according to bradley he is willing to move up in weight as well. sooo im really hope he fights him if he chooses to fight a smaller man.
boxingfanneato is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #123
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
Floyd wanted him to take olympic style drug testing
Manny doesn't like giving blood.

Arum took this and ruined the fight.
No. This is the disingenuous nature of the arguments against FMJ. Floyd wanted them BOTH to take Olympic style drug testing.

Manny said giving blood weakened him with is scientific fantasy. OK, maybe he has some psychosomatic symptoms, but he has an entire 14 days to be ready.

Part of me says Arum ruined the fight, but I also remembered how arum acted after the fight was agreed to in principal. He literally tried to bully Manny into signing using the press. AFTER talking with Manny face to face, he COMPLETELY changed his tune. I am also 90% sure that Manny not Arum walked away from 14 days.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #124
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Is this official?
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #125
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint View Post
tell floyd to stop hiding behind false rumors and accusations to prevent the fight from being made. He's the one who requested the extra testing and ultimatley the main hold up for the fight. Remove the request and the fight is done....bottom line.
by your theory either fighter will have the opportunity to use ped...they are way past "false rumors and accusations"..

Mediator- "both parties participated in good faith"
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #126
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

9 pages for a piece of gossip
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #127
Chris85
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALLEGE View Post
When will the incessant dick riding stop witcha lol...
You talk like you dont ride someone dick
Chris85 is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #128
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
by your theory either fighter will have the opportunity to use ped...they are way past "false rumors and accusations"..

Mediator- "both parties participated in good faith"
Although we are past the point where "false rumors and accusations" are or were at the forefront they are still relevant regarding the outcome of making this fight. The mediator was unsuccessful in bring the two parties to a compromise but there is always a root to any problem...and we all know the root of this problem stems from Floyd.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #129
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Although we are past the point where "false rumors and accusations" are or were at the forefront they are still relevant regarding the outcome of making this fight. The mediator was unsuccessful in bring the two parties to a compromise but there is always a root to any problem...and we all know the root of this problem stems from Floyd.
The olympic testing is overboard. However, so is the $10 mill per lb. penalty. Team Pac agreed to the testing and then tried to go back on the agreement after Mayweather agreed to the weight penalty. Not only that, but Roach claimed if they had a 7 day window they woud accept. They were offered a 14 day window, lied by claiming the 14 day window was never offered, and also filed a lawsuit against Mayweather. Let's also not forget that they are demanding an apology by Mayweather for accusing Pac of doing steroids when he never made such an accustaion. So let's not act like Team Pacquaio hasn't committed numerous acts that have served to derail this fight.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #130
Rooney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
pac ducked floyd. Deal with it.
Rooney is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #131
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreg View Post
the olympic testing is overboard. However, so is the $10 mill per lb. Penalty. Team pac agreed to the testing and then tried to go back on the agreement after mayweather agreed to the weight penalty. Not only that, but roach claimed if they had a 7 day window they woud accept. They were offered a 14 day window, lied by claiming the 14 day window was never offered, and also filed a lawsuit against mayweather. Let's also not forget that they are demanding an apology by mayweather for accusing pac of doing steroids when he never made such an accustaion. So let's not act like team pacquaio hasn't committed numerous acts that have served to derail this fight.

qft
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #132
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
The olympic testing is overboard. However, so is the $10 mill per lb. penalty. Team Pac agreed to the testing and then tried to go back on the agreement after Mayweather agreed to the weight penalty. Not only that, but Roach claimed if they had a 7 day window they woud accept. They were offered a 14 day window, lied by claiming the 14 day window was never offered, and also filed a lawsuit against Mayweather. Let's also not forget that they are demanding an apology by Mayweather for accusing Pac of doing steroids when he never made such an accustaion. So let's not act like Team Pacquaio hasn't committed numerous acts that have served to derail this fight.
This whole negotiation process has been a mother fuker! With dumb ass request and boths sides sinking to each others level...well...close to it. The weight requirement is BS...the fine for coming in over 147 BULLSHIT! But lets be for real....Floyd ain't gonna have any trouble making 147.

PAC did agree to the testing but that was before the demand for the Olympic style testing. Floyd originally asked for Radom testing and PAC agreed to that...then Floyd came up with blood tests, then radom blood test ect...

With what roach said....I believe he was straight with a 5 day window...which for me indicates that PAC has no problem with 14 days...I see PAC having more of an issue with WHO is the one dictating the demands for the testing and the regulations regarding how, when, where and who will conduct the tests. I think its a power move on both sides....who will win the struggle...at the moment...STALEMATE.

Floyd did accuse PAC of being on roids....he stated that in the RA interview where he talked about Shane being on roids then switched gears and stated that Manny was also on PEDs from the Phillipines whom from what he things "makes the best PEDs in the world".

To be honest both have partial blame to this fight being derailed...I can't lie. PAC could make this fight by giving in....Floyd could make this fight by withdrawing his demands.....but at the end fo the day the fight is NOT made b/c of these accusations and the demands that were made from camp mayweather.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #133
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
pac ducked floyd. Deal with it.
Stop it! You scratch the surface and think you have depth to your arguement.....your stance is shallow bro. Floyd would be the one ducking if we want to pick sides here. I know, I know.....that is big pill to swallow. You're a big boy though.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #134
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Stop it! You scratch the surface and think you have depth to your arguement.....your stance is shallow bro. Floyd would be the one ducking if we want to pick sides here. I know, I know.....that is big pill to swallow. You're a big boy though.
How did Floyd duck?

By asking for blood testing and Pac agreeing?

Oh wait, because he asked it means he's ducking right?

eze is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #135
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
How did Floyd duck?

By asking for blood testing and Pac agreeing?

Oh wait, because he asked it means he's ducking right?
I SAID "IF" we want to say anyone is ducking the other one. I don't know if Floyd really wants the fight or not. For me Floyd said he's about his "paper"....his middle name is "MONEY"....he makes it rain 5 out of the 7 days of the week. Why potentially kill a fight that will be your BIGGEST payday ever by coming up with false rumors and accusations againt the man giving you that opportunity?

Afterall.....Floyd from day one has said he'd beat the brakes off Manny....that Manny couldn't fight...that he'd utterly outclass Manny.....now, keep in mind this is the same Manny that has been winning and progressing each time out, which Floyd and his family have state they were NOT impressed...UNTILL...they knew Floyd was next in line to face him.

AGain....I'm not saying Floyd is ducking Manny..or vice versa...but if you want to place that title of "who is ducking who" ...that title has more weight and validity when tied to Floyd in this sitaution.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum