Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347
Default Re: How to enjoy all of boxing when you dislike structure and having to do things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibit View Post
I get nervous too...but I usually snap out of it once my trainer starts screaming at me. Then I'm all ok.
I'm not nervous in the ring, but when I'm driving to the gym and warming up to spar I am. It's mentally exhausting.
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
boxingwizard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How to enjoy all of boxing when you dislike structure and having to do things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
If you're in a gym with 'coaches' that just want to throw you in there without teaching you the proper skills. (and the really boring ones, like stepping right and left, blocking, slipping, defense, etc) then you need to find another gym.

...and what's with forcing you to lose water weight during working out?! That's just negligent.
I don't particularly like that gym anymore, I was really optimistic and happy at first, but the more I kept on going the more I felt depressed and miserable due to things not having to do with boxing. And I know if I come back they will try to pressure me into getting fights soon when I'm a weekend worker when all the fights are. And I'd like to take my time with all that. If I don't go back, I'm going to piss off my trainer and the gym, but I'd rather be an individual who decided for myself than doing things to appease or please others. I'd rather go to a better gym in the future than put up with all the negativity and bs I did earlier. And the time window for going to that gym is a short window of about 3 months. That and I can't really compete due to my schedule, and this is my last semester of college, I'm going to have fun and not feel depressed anymore and I may just see what happens with boxing in the future because I don't have to do it.
boxingwizard is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Can I just say, this forum has become inundated with 'Me and my trainer dont get along.'; 'Is my trainer right for me?'; and 'I have a shitty trainer' threads.

No one i have ever met in boxing has ever said this especially when they start out. A trainer isnt going to be a trainer to be a dickhead he obviously wants to help but maybe can only take you so far. But everyone who makes these threads are beginners and need someone just to get them started.

Just man up and do the training. You think this was a Ballerina/ mentally insecure forum no a boxing one
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
boxingwizard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I've about decided I'm not going to compete in boxing for now due to my schedule but I'm not ruling out continuing training there for fun just to improve my boxing skills and to get in shape. I'm not really looking to go pro or anything, just to have fun, stay in shape, and improve skills. It could also help me through personal development. And what better way to celebrate the sport of boxing than by doing it? I'm not sure my trainer will go for this since he doesn't want to "waste his time on people that don't want to compete" but if he doesn't want me there because of that so be it, at least I was honest.
boxingwizard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing