Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #16
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Locche VS Fuji: Full Fight - Youtube - Decent Quality - My thoughts, Your Though

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I do hear you, but it's a little more than "scuffed up". His eye is shutting and he hasn't hit his opponent who is hitting him at will. Guys have quit over way, way less. The big thing for me is the corner. If he's got something in his eyes they would be all over that with wash. If he's got something in his eyes he's gone back to the corner, told them, and they've gone, "oh".
You seem to be focusing on my comment that when I first watched it, I was speculating that he might have gotten some Vaseline in his eye. This was just what I was thinking while watching, before I had noticed his eye swelling and being puzzled at his body language. That's all. And so we're clear, I wasn't implying anything foul on Locche's part in any way or that the fight would have ended simply because of a little Vaseline either. When I watched it the other day I was thinking that the Vaseline his own corner put on Fuji just got pushed into his eye from a punch and at that point I hadn't yet noticed his eye closed.

One of the reasons I posted is because, you know how sometimes what you think you see can be cleared up by someone else as something altogether different. For all I knew, I was missing interesting pieces of a story. Somebody could have come on and said ''I have this on tape and if you'd seen the interview afterward, you'd know what was really going on because Fuji said..."

And in regards to "Guys have quit over way, way less." I actually said the retirement in the corner looked quite necessary to me and I was frustrated that an article I'd read made it look like he did just plain quit, which isn't what I saw. I saw a guy in serious trouble and unable to fight back whose only good option was to stop. So, hopefully you don't think I was knocking him.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #17
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Locche VS Fuji: Full Fight - Youtube - Decent Quality - My thoughts, Your Though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
You seem to be focusing on my comment that when I first watched it, I was speculating that he might have gotten some Vaseline in his eye. This was just what I was thinking while watching, before I had noticed his eye swelling and being puzzled at his body language.

Got ya.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #18
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Like most guys with power who win so brutally such as Fuji, when that power is negated as effectively as was Fuji's against Locche, and especially by a guy with such unreal skills as Locche, there is very little in the way of auxilary, or alternative resources that they can call upon to compensate. Fuji was just exasperated, humiliated and made to feel almost impotent by his complete failure to land anything of importance, or rfeally to land just about anything at all. His eyesight was a factor as well, and all that made him a precursor to the "no mas" Duran by 12 years, only after manfully enduring far more than Duran had to.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think this fight has any comparisons with No mas.

it's just a typical retirement due to a combination of facial damage and a fight becoming too one sided, with little obvious way of turning things around.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #20
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I always think how similar Loche's defense is to Mayweathers, the right uppercuts at the end is also a tool FMJ uses allot in the exact same manner. Wonder if the Mayweathers are closet Loche fans
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross View Post
Fuji did hit him with a shot that stunned him in rd 6, it was completely clean and an argument could be made he won that rd imo.
Me and you must've been seeing completely different things.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #22
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Locche won this putting on a clinic. It was pretty one-sided and a joy watching because I am a student of the defensive arts. Locche hit him with some pretty good body shots and was just too frustrating for Fuji to hit. This fight is definetly worth a rewatch.
techks is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #23
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

If Fuji's eye was in that bad a shape against any other guy, I'm sure he would have stayed in the fight with the hope of being able to land something to turn it all around. The thing was, however, that he had absolutely no hope in his own mind that he was going to be able to do that against this guy Locche. Fuji's defeat was nearly all mental, as Locche just shut him down inside, and it was humilating to Fuji above all.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This fight, as in all other fights on film of Locche, is a pleasure for me to watch...I'm finding Locche to be the most entertaining fighter of all for me. Who need a big punch, or brutal knockouts? The defensive masters do it for me.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #25
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
That's it, RC. That's a lot of what I meant by troubling body language. Something was very, very wrong and I think it was a lot more than just being dispirited and scuffed up. I wish I could find some statements from either fighter about this fight.
All I could find was this statement:

"I quit because my face started getting red."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-17-2010 at 02:18 PM.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #26
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Surely that was misinterpreted?.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
All I could find was this statement:

"I quit because my face started getting red."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #28
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross View Post
First, thanks for posting the entire fight. Locche, even though only working with the left hand for half of the fight was able to keep that pepper jab working on him all night. The Jab takes it out of your back and your will, thats why it is the most effective punch in all of boxing. Notice at times he threw the jab 3-5x consecutively. Fuji could never time it with an overhand right. Locche also dug that left to the body very effectively. Fuji did hit him with a shot that stunned him in rd 6, it was completely clean and an argument could be made he won that rd imo.

The most unusual thing I think from this fight is Fuji doing the "bobblehead" in the last rd. i have never seen anything like that in professional boxing,.
It was a defense-mechanism. He was completely embarrassed, humiliated, and frustrated. He was just breaking down mentally/emotional. That's why he quit after the end of that round (Or his corner made him).
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #29
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
I have to make a highlight. Locche is just brilliant.
If you do end up doing that, Pete. Please let us know, I'd love to see it.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #30
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
If you do end up doing that, Pete. Please let us know, I'd love to see it.
I already started doing something. I think I've decided to only use the Fuji fight is it is in color and the best quality I could find.

Finding Locche film is hard, in good quality is even tougher.

I think people will end up liking it, though.
PetethePrince is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum