Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741
Default Finally a decent colin hart interview were hes not bashing a brit fighter.

Heres firdays column on tony bellew decent write up.
I was shocked that he wasnt bashing he normally doesnt like british fighters and has a vendetta against hattn for some reason.shows that bellews talent is respected to get the nod from him.
SCOUSERS have always idolised footballers but they have also passionately embraced their many outstanding fighters.

I loved covering boxing at the old Liverpool stadium, known as the graveyard of champions because so many were beaten there.
The crowds who flocked to that compelling ****pit to cheer their heroes were among the most knowledgeable in the world.
And the excitement they generated was charged with the same blood-tingling electricity experienced by fans at Anfield and Goodison Park.
Their fervour seemed to inspire the fighters into waging fierce, uncompromising wars.
Nel Tarleton, Ernie Roderick, Peter Kane, Paul Hodkinson, the McAteers, Pat and Les, Alan Rudkin and the incomparable John Conteh are some of the names worshipped on Merseyside.
Whether or not Tony Bellew will prove good enough to earn himself an exalted place in Liverpool's boxing history should be determined in 2010.
At the beginning of every year, I choose someone I believe is ready to make a serious impact.
Toxteth's unbeaten light-heavyweight Bellew certainly has the skill, power, dedication and self-belief to make his mark.
Tony had the academic ability to go to university.
But, as he had set his heart on a ring career, he turned down the opportunity and took an accountancy course instead.
So far, his instincts have not let him down.
He had a highly successful amateur career, winning three ABA heavyweight titles.
Bellew, 27, turned pro three years ago because he was so disillusioned with the politics that have always bedevilled the amateur sport.
He weighed nearly 16st but knew he was not a natural heavyweight, though standing 6ft 3in.
Thanks to a proper diet and severe training regime, he shed 3st to drop down to the 12st 7lb division.
Since throwing away his vest, Bellew has won all of his 12 fights and scored seven knockouts.
The father of two boys, aged four and one, he is totally committed to reaching the top and, being a devoted family man, will not be found enjoying the pleasures offered by Liverpool's lively nightclub scene.
Tony goes for a five-mile run at 5.30am every day and then it's in the car to drive to Manchester for two punishing gym sessions under emerging trainer Anthony Farnell, who also guides Frankie Gavin.
Advertisement

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Former world amateur champ Farnell is delighted at Bellew's attitude and progress.
He told me: "It must be the accountant in Tony but he meticulously records everything in a daily diary.
"He logs the number of miles he runs, how long it takes him, the amount of calories he consumes, how many rounds he spars and what time he gets up and goes to bed."
One worry is that he may hit too hard. He has broken his right hand three times and his left twice since taking up boxing 10 years ago.
Yet he has learned to live with this problem and his promoter, Frank ******, has vowed he will fight for his first title at Liverpool's Echo Arena on March 12.
Bellew has a wise head on his broad shoulders.
He said: "I am not your average boxer. I've already got plans for where I am going to invest my money.
"My financial background will come in handy when it comes to making investment decisions."
Tony should be "made up", as they say in Liverpool, by December.
#column2 {overflow: hidden;}[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

SORRY ABOUT THE PIC DONT KNOW HOW GET RID OV IT
anthony jr is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Finally a decent colin hart interview were hes not bashing a brit fighter.

Thanks mate.. I was really surprised Colin chose me to be fair as there is so much talent in the country right now BUT Colin is probably the most experienced boxing journalist in the country so to wrote about by someone like that is an honour I believe..
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Finally a decent colin hart interview were hes not bashing a brit fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
Thanks mate.. I was really surprised Colin chose me to be fair as there is so much talent in the country right now BUT Colin is probably the most experienced boxing journalist in the country so to wrote about by someone like that is an honour I believe..
Spot on Bomber. He gets a lot of hate on this forum, and very unjustly in my opinion.
Don't be so surprised he chose you though mate, you are pure class! Any ideas who you are fighting at the echo, and will it be for an english?
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
No probs mate i thought it would have already been posted but it hadnt so i thought id post it.but it speaks volumes when hes tipping you for the top he normally gets me angry when i read or here is views ob brithish boxers
anthony jr is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 AM   #5
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Good article, shame he writes for a rag that wont be read in Merseyside as there's a lot of people round these ways that would like to read that.
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Colin hart is a cunt. I rate tony bellew highly though.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

World amateur champion Anthony Farnell??? Are you sure Colin?

Good amateur for sure but not even sure Arnie boxed for England. Turned pro very early. In fact, oh I see now
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum