Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 1000
Default Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Why?

Is it because he SEEMED like a jerkoff on DLH-Mayweather 24/7? If that is your primary reason for hating the guy, I have news for you folks. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT IS REALITY.

Think about it. The whole thing was aired SOLELY to increase ticket sales. He showed nothing but class when Judah hit him low in the Judah fight, only retaliating by saying in his corner that he "wanted to stop him" which is by far the most noble way to deal with the situation. All the way up to, and including, the Gatti fight he showed his respect after the fight to the fighter he fought.

He gave Jose Luis Castillo a rematch, fair and square, because the decision was so controversial. He seems like a nice family man if you looked past all of the HBO edited bullshit on 24/7.

Sure the guy wears bling and he fights a style you guys don't like, but he sure gets a lot of animosity from people who far too easily buy into the "good guy, bad guy" aspect of boxing. I remember him giving Angel Manfredy full respect, Arturro Gatti full respect, and others. Many fighters claim that their opponents have no chance against them in the pre-fight buildup. It helps their own confidence and their marketability.

Most of this "Floyd is classless, I hate him because he is a bad human being" is ignorance.

Some of the same people who love Mike Tyson claim to hate Mayweather because of "who he is" and not "how he fights"

Last edited by codeman99998; 06-25-2007 at 10:31 PM.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: oswego
Posts: 792
vCash: 1557
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

good post i think the same thing
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Why did he chose to be a dick?
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

what about his comments on guys like hatton? Sugar ray Leonard ? his remarks towards margarito and his bitch acting when he face the man?

what about the disrespect he still show towards DLH and his team after the fight?

you are a nuthugger my friend, I used to be a fan of his but now he dont have many more real fans


u talk about giving arturo gatti ful;l respect? he threat the guy like shit and tell him hes a paper champ and after the fight he says he was a true champ?

u dont seem pretty inteligent by writing things like that man, no offense
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 PM   #5
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

I saw him on the Tonight Show and The Late Late Show and he seemed like a classy, respectful guy to me...I am not a fan of Floyd by any means, but the way he acted in 24/7 was brilliant - he played the bad guy perfectly and did his part to make the event bigger.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #6
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
you are a nuthugger my friend, I used to be a fan of his but now he dont have many more real fans
I am a fan of boxing, not fighters. The only exception to that rule is CARLOS "HIT HIM ON THE HEAD WHILE HE IS LYING ON THE GROUND ****ING AWESOME" MAUSSA.

I just don't understand why Floyd get's grief for being "classless". Many many fighters claim that they will easily beat their opposition, that their opponent doesn't stand a chance against them before the fight.

Fighters like Marco Antonio Barerra are never criticized for being "classless".
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #7
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
I saw him on the Tonight Show and The Late Late Show and he seemed like a classy, respectful guy to me...I am not a fan of Floyd by any means, but the way he acted in 24/7 was brilliant - he played the bad guy perfectly and did his part to make the event bigger.
yeah ppl tend to not understand that this is NOT why hes so hated, its the way he behave when he talk about boxing and fighters, he think hes god and disrespect everyone including us the fans by only fighting for big dolllars and having the GUTS to tell it on top of it
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:46 PM   #8
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
I am a fan of boxing, not fighters. The only exception to that rule is CARLOS "HIT HIM ON THE HEAD WHILE HE IS LYING ON THE GROUND ****ING AWESOME" MAUSSA.

I just don't understand why Floyd get's grief for being "classless". Many many fighters claim that they will easily beat their opposition, that their opponent doesn't stand a chance against them before the fight.

Fighters like Marco Antonio Barerra are never criticized for being "classless".
fighters like marco antonio Barrerra go out there balls out take beating and are WILLING to put on a show, a fighter like floyd who is extremely talented tend to only come and get paid big dollar for fighting without risk, dont get me wrong, I think he fights perfectly but a lot of ppl will tell u thats some garbage

the only reason I dont like him anymore is what hes been doing since the DLH fight, nothing but dissapointing me and disrespecting whoever is willing to face him.
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
yeah ppl tend to not understand that this is NOT why hes so hated, its the way he behave when he talk about boxing and fighters, he think hes god and disrespect everyone including us the fans by only fighting for big dolllars and having the GUTS to tell it on top of it
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 PM   #10
jazzboy
Free Boosie
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In the Boot
Posts: 333
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

What did he say about sugar ray leonard
jazzboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
fighters like marco antonio Barrerra go out there balls out take beating and are WILLING to put on a show, a fighter like floyd who is extremely talented tend to only come and get paid big dollar for fighting without risk, dont get me wrong, I think he fights perfectly but a lot of ppl will tell u thats some garbage

the only reason I dont like him anymore is what hes been doing since the DLH fight, nothing but dissapointing me and disrespecting whoever is willing to face him.
It's this "classless" term that is being thrown around so willy-nilly that is bothering me.

MAB ****ing HIT morales at a press conference. He put Hamed in a half nelson and bulled him to the ropes (he might be a good boxer to MMA cross-over.)

Something was said on another thread, maybe by you, that is actually the best argument. Ali badmouthed his opposition and then FACED them and beat them. I do agree that insulting world class opponents and not actually fighting them is wrong, and tactless.

But seriously, the same people who love Tyson say Floyd is "classless" and I just don't think they understand what the word means.

I'm NOT saying you, or anyone, should LIKE him. I'm just saying that particular insult is poorly thought out.

On a personal note, I tend to lean towards intelligent dialogue over picking sides. I'm trying to say what I haven't heard anyone else say about Floyd. It's not that I'm a fan of his and I'm running to his defense because I'm upset he's getting badmouthed on the internet. If that is what I cared about, I'm sure I could have found another boxing forum where everyone loves Floyd.

Last edited by codeman99998; 06-25-2007 at 10:54 PM.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
It's this "classless" term that is being thrown around so willy-nilly that is bothering me.

MAB ****ing HIT morales at a press conference. He put Hamed in a half nelson and bulled him to the ropes (he might be a good boxer to MMA cross-over.)

Something was said on another thread, maybe by you, that is actually the best argument. Ali badmouthed his opposition and then FACED them and beat them. I do agree that insulting world class opponents and not actually fighting them is wrong, and tactless.

But seriously, the same people who love Tyson say Floyd is "classless" and I just don't think they understand what the word means.

I'm NOT saying you, or anyone, should LIKE him. I'm just saying that particular insult is poorly thought out.

On a personal note, I tend to lean towards intelligent dialogue over picking sides. I'm trying to say what I haven't heard anyone else say about Floyd. It's not that I'm a fan of his and I'm running to his defense because I'm upset he's getting badmouthed on the internet. If that is what I cared about, I'm sure I could have found another boxing forum where everyone loves Floyd.
yep you responded yourself just on that line, the word can be employed with different signification, the way he act towards fellow fighters is classless, the way he act to us fans by retiring with only one idea and it is a rematch with DLH is classless but outside of that hes NOT a classless guy, weve seen him on jay leno and another show and hes a real cool dude

If that was your point then I agree with you and apologize for calling you a nuthugger I didnt understand what u realy meant
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

I think beating his baby's momma is reason enough to dislike him.
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gorgeous
I think beating his baby's momma is reason enough to dislike him.
I've never heard that at all.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #15
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
I've never heard that at all.
I didnt either and i'm sure hes starting shit up
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013