Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #31
sonny73
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 478
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Its a combination of being an egomaniac,self deluded,no humility,unspiritual,nouveau riche,woman beater,lacking in social skills,shallow and also a complete lack of any humour.Aswel as the fact he disrespects wayyy to many people.This is the image he gives out when I have seen him on TV he could well be a good guy behind closed doors but I just the feeling he doesn't live with his feet on the ground.

Last edited by sonny73; 06-26-2007 at 09:10 AM.
sonny73 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 10:52 AM   #32
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

For me, it's a combination of things:

1) Narcissistic and totally obsessed with money. Everything about him screams greed, and he constantly makes grotesque displays of wealth. (Counting hundreds on countertops, showering bills down at LV clubs, etc.) Lack of class.

2) Domestic abuser. Lack of class.

3) Openly and continually disrespectful of non-opponents and even ATGs. Lack of class.

4) Insincere. How about the waterworks he turned on after beating a helpless opponent -- and huge underdog -- in Gatti. OK, Floyd, we get it. Lack of class.

I respect Floyd immensely as a fighter, but I could never be a real fan of his. Roy Jones was plenty ****y and there were things I didn't like about him, but he didn't cross the line as much as Floyd.

Jones was flashy without constantly rubbing everyone's nose in his dollars. He has no record of male/female violence or any serious criminal activity to my knowledge. Always seemed genuine, so even when he was acting like a jerk, at least I felt he wasn't hiding who he really was. He occasionally took time out to compliment another fighter (not someone he'd fight) and seemed to revere Ray Leonard, and in addition he helped Gerald McClellan financially and even talked about him some.
Lampley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #33
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist
Why did he chose to be a dick?
Because nobody is going to be the good guy against De La Hoya.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #34
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
Because nobody is going to be the good guy against De La Hoya.
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #35
Marc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

pbf wants people to hate him and fortunately there are a lot who fall for his act. ticket sales. $$$ chaching $$$


there are pbf clips on youtube about him doing charity. and i bet a lot of you guys dont know he wore pink gloves in the baldomir fight for a breast cancer foundation.
Marc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #36
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 344
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
He was a dick before that. Geesh even Judah was portrayed as the 'hero' in their match up. Just shows how much of a dick he is.
grayggr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #37
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gorgeous
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
The keyword there is misdemeanor if you have read other stories on this issue you would know that Floyd Threw his baby mama out of his house after she threw a temper tantrum and started breaking furniture , she also admitted to lying that floyd had hit her because he had left her for another woman ..

misdemeanor assault can be classified as touching , spitting or grabbing .
and rarely if bad enough for prison time.

Felony assault or battery is what the Late chico was found guilty of and almost always require jail time or prison time .
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #38
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
The keyword there is misdemeanor if you have read other stories on this issue you would know that Floyd Threw his baby mama out of his house after she threw a temper tantrum and started breaking furniture , she also admitted to lying that floyd had hit her because he had left her for another woman ..

misdemeanor assault can be classified as touching , spitting or grabbing .
and rarely if bad enough for prison time.

Felony assault or battery is what the Late chico was found guilty of and almost always require jail time or prison time .
So, that makes it okay?
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #39
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gorgeous
So, that makes it okay?
No he should have let her break everything in the house, stab him and then burn down the house.

All he did was throw a crazy bitch out of his house, and if thats worth jail time, 85% of the men on the planet would be in a 6x6 cell.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #40
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gorgeous
So, that makes it okay?
No it mean don't try to make it something it is not ..

In this day and age looking or brushing against someone to hard can be considered misdemeanor assault
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #41
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
Why?

Is it because he SEEMED like a jerkoff on DLH-Mayweather 24/7? If that is your primary reason for hating the guy, I have news for you folks. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT IS REALITY.

Think about it. The whole thing was aired SOLELY to increase ticket sales. He showed nothing but class when Judah hit him low in the Judah fight, only retaliating by saying in his corner that he "wanted to stop him" which is by far the most noble way to deal with the situation. All the way up to, and including, the Gatti fight he showed his respect after the fight to the fighter he fought.

He gave Jose Luis Castillo a rematch, fair and square, because the decision was so controversial. He seems like a nice family man if you looked past all of the HBO edited bullshit on 24/7.

Sure the guy wears bling and he fights a style you guys don't like, but he sure gets a lot of animosity from people who far too easily buy into the "good guy, bad guy" aspect of boxing. I remember him giving Angel Manfredy full respect, Arturro Gatti full respect, and others. Many fighters claim that their opponents have no chance against them in the pre-fight buildup. It helps their own confidence and their marketability.

Most of this "Floyd is classless, I hate him because he is a bad human being" is ignorance.

Some of the same people who love Mike Tyson claim to hate Mayweather because of "who he is" and not "how he fights"
And you think Mike Tyson (before he went crazy) was classless?

Watching 24/7 i learned id rather hang out with 50 Cent (i hate his music, i more of an old school/underground rap) than PBF..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #42
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 35,960
vCash: 138
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
No he should have let her break everything in the house, stab him and then burn down the house.

All he did was throw a crazy bitch out of his house, and if thats worth jail time, 85% of the men on the planet would be in a 6x6 cell.
Exactly! If I work hard in the ring and make millions and a bitch that I'm with breaks my shit in my house, you god damn right I'm going to throw the bitch out. That bitch needed to be checked you don't go around breaking shit in someone's house male or female.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #43
MooseKnuckle
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 82
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

I just think the guy's a regular douche nozzle, I get acting that way before a fight to hype it up, but the dude is just a dick all around.
MooseKnuckle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:23 PM   #44
hahahax
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 156
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
yep you responded yourself just on that line, the word can be employed with different signification, the way he act towards fellow fighters is classless, the way he act to us fans by retiring with only one idea and it is a rematch with DLH is classless but outside of that hes NOT a classless guy, weve seen him on jay leno and another show and hes a real cool dude

If that was your point then I agree with you and apologize for calling you a nuthugger I didnt understand what u realy meant
Last time I checked, he does not owe you anything. If he feels like retiring or only facing DLH, it's his CHOICE. It has nothing to do with class.

Wanna talk about classless? Judah is classless. Tyson is classless. Cotto was classless in that fight with Judah, dependign on whether or not yo ubelieve it was intentional. Margarito was classless at the pbf press conf. How many times have you seen Mayweather disrespect an opponent INSIDE THE RING or physically assault him outside the ring?Dude is just selling the fight outside the ring, it's jsut words. When he's between the ropes, he shows no disrespect, he doesn't even showboat, he coulda made a number on Gatti and did not, he just fought. That's respect.
hahahax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #45
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pretty boy Floyd Classless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
No it mean don't try to make it something it is not ..

In this day and age looking or brushing against someone to hard can be considered misdemeanor assault
I suppose PBF is just the victim of frequent misunderstandings then?
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013