Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 AM   #17
smokey
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you think Hatton Is Serious about Fighting Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog
Yes he wants Floyd. As much as I like Hatton, I don't think he has much of a shot at winning though. Unfortunately.
I think Hatton has the potential to beat him. If he can execute is grinding, mauling attack on Mayweather, then he definitely wins it. Good well times infighting nullifies speed.

If Floyd tried to potshot from the oustide for safety he could get thoroughly beaten on the cars. I think Floyd HAS to fight against Hatton. If he could execute solid combination punching from the outside, he would beat Hatton. I really don't think Floyd has shown that he is great in that area though. I see Hatton putting him through a fight like the first PBF-Castillo fight with probably more punishment being landed on Floyd.
smokey is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 AM   #18
SweetScienceFan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
they were already at 140 and hatton declined..why wait till floyd goes up 7 pounds and then call for a fight at 140. All smoke and mirriors, hatton is going to rehydrate 10lbs at 140 so why not fight at 147. Go read the article on the site that talks boxing, he said he wants 3 tuneups at 147.
You have no idea if Hatton actually declined fighting Floyd, or for that matter what type of offer he declined. More than likely Floyd tossed some pathetic offer at him that had chance of being accepted. Hatton puts asses in the seats and deserves to be paid for that.
SweetScienceFan is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #19
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
is this when he said he wanted to build up his name first? so that when that happens, he'll collect the biggest paycheck he can get?
hatton said that three fights ago...now he is saying he needs another three fights to get used to the weight at 147...poppy**** hatton is no spring chicken I think he is using floyd's name to negotiate another HBO contract. If HBO bites and gives hatton another three fights on the network w/out fighting floyd then hatton will not fight floyd.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:56 AM   #20
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You have no idea if Hatton actually declined fighting Floyd, or for that matter what type of offer he declined. More than likely Floyd tossed some pathetic offer at him that had chance of being accepted. Hatton puts asses in the seats and deserves to be paid for that.
where have you been, hatton wanted 13million to fight floyd last november. Now he is out of an HBO contract and he calls out floyd. All I am saying is that hatton is very sneaky and will use floyd to build up his name while fighting tuneups.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 03:07 AM   #21
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
hatton said that three fights ago...now he is saying he needs another three fights to get used to the weight at 147...poppy**** hatton is no spring chicken I think he is using floyd's name to negotiate another HBO contract. If HBO bites and gives hatton another three fights on the network w/out fighting floyd then hatton will not fight floyd.
Your hero is RETIRED and not that many people even care...he's yesterdays news bitch.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #22
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

My view is that Hatton definitely wants the fight, and would go into ring tomorrow against any fighter (heavyweights included). He is the type of fighter that shows no fear, and has the heart of a lion (terrible cliche I know, but I likes it.). However;

a) fighting a heavyweight or anything above Welter at this stage is a completely retarded and stupid thing to do

and

b) I feel his management (no facts, just a feeling) never wanted the PBF fight in the past and advised him out of it.

this time however I hope the management team, dad, dennis hobson (or GBP if that materialises), and Billy Graham give it the green light. I honestly believe that between Hatton, Cotto and Mosley, that one of these guys has a chance of putting a '1' in that 'oh' so pretty '0' column of PBF if he decides to come out of 'retirement'.
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 AM   #23
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

I admire Hatton for saying he wasn't ready for Mayweather at that time. He's refreshingly honest and Mayeather should have taken it as a huge compliment. ALL other fighters make unrealistic financial demands,jump two divisions, or refuse to travel eg Roy Jones, Hopkins,Taylor
David UK is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum