Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
Butch Coolidge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Holy-Ibragimov Coming Next

I do not see Evander winning this one. Poor Holy is getting to the point where he needs Sancho Panza in his corner. Holy has looked good against C and D level opponents but against the A and B level opponents he lost and I think this time EH will really get his butt kicked.

Guess will find out for sure in another week or two.

Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Holy-Ibragimov Coming Next

Agreed.

Ibragimov is far better than old punching bag, Lou Savarese. My feeling is that Sultan will be more aggressive in this fight, ala his performance against Whitaker, swarming old Holyfield, who at this point in his career is really little threat to ko anyone.

This could be a bad beating for Holy. I'm guessing Ibragimov overwhelms him and gets a stoppage around round 8 or 9.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

My head says Sultan Ibragimov, but my heart says Evander Holyfield. I pick with my head 99.9 percent of the time, but I'm going to pick with my heart here...

Evander by UD
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
My head says Sultan Ibragimov, but my heart says Evander Holyfield. I pick with my head 99.9 percent of the time, but I'm going to pick with my heart here...

Evander by UD
In what scenario do you see this playing out?

Sultan sure isn't going to get outworked by Evander. Evander doesn't have the speed to land a lot punches anymore, doesn't have the range that bothers the 6' 2" Sultan, and doesn't have the power to test Sultan's sometimes suspect beard.

Holyfield basically has no advantages in this fight other than his name and the fact that he has a ton of experience and will.

I don't think those things will be enough against a southpaw swarmer with such a high output fighting on his home turf.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
In what scenario do you see this playing out?

Sultan sure isn't going to get outworked by Evander. Evander doesn't have the speed to land a lot punches anymore, doesn't have the range that bothers the 6' 2" Sultan, and doesn't have the power to test Sultan's sometimes suspect beard.

Holyfield basically has no advantages in this fight other than his name and the fact that he has a ton of experience and will.

I don't think those things will be enough against a southpaw swarmer with such a high output fighting on his home turf.
I might have to change my pick...I'm thinking about this, and other than the fact that Evander is on a mission and has a great deal of heart, it's tough to see him winning. One can dream though
Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I might have to change my pick...I'm thinking about this, and other than the fact that Evander is on a mission and has a great deal of heart, it's tough to see him winning. One can dream though
That's all well and good, and Evander was a great champ, but his time is gone. Ibragimov is a far different animal from a tentative Fres Oquendo, a club fighter Vinny Maddalone, and a 42 year old punching bag Lou Savarese.

Gotta respect the heck out of Evander, but all logic says he's in for a beating in this one.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #7
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
That's all well and good, and Evander was a great champ, but his time is gone. Ibragimov is a far different animal from a tentative Fres Oquendo, a club fighter Vinny Maddalone, and a 42 year old punching bag Lou Savarese.

Gotta respect the heck out of Evander, but all logic says he's in for a beating in this one.
You bring up some good points. You can argue an Ibragimov win better than I can for a Holyfield win...

I'm going to use my head on this one - I'll be picking Ibragimov on the prediction threads
Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #8
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You bring up some good points. You can argue an Ibragimov win better than I can for a Holyfield win...

I'm going to use my head on this one - I'll be picking Ibragimov on the prediction threads
Now watch Holy ko him in one and make me look like a complete dufus.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #9
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hoyfield might shock the world again as he has before in the past, but I really dont see him winning this match unless he catches Iggys on the chin with a signature left hook. Im predicting Iggy to win by UD, but if Holyfield won it would help bring some attention to dying heavywieght division.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 AM   #10
Butch Coolidge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ibragimov actually has a solid chin. I saw him take a huge right hand from Briggs and a monsterous left hook from sparring partner Corey Sanders so he can take one or two of Evander's best punches, most likely, and I don't think EH has enough left in him physically to land combination after combination to wear this guy down like how Holy KOed his opponents in his prime.

Savarese and Bates actually landed some solid shots on Holyfield. Ibragimov's offense is going to be a notch or two above that. He'll hit Holyfield harder and more frequently.

Plus Ibragimov's style just seems like a style that Holyfield has difficulty with eg lefthanders like Michael Moorer and Chris Byrd provided a few humbling moments for the Real Deal.

I don't see this fight going the distance and I don't see Holyfield winning either.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #11
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

Ibragimov is going to beat Holyfield up badly for either a shutout-type UD or a TKO
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #12
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Even though I would love for Holy to win as he is one of my all time favorite fighters, he will probably get dominated by Ibragimov. Just like he did last time he met a credible opponent - Donald.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #13
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ibragimov actually has a solid chin. I saw him take a huge right hand from Briggs and a monsterous left hook from sparring partner Corey Sanders so he can take one or two of Evander's best punches, most likely, and I don't think EH has enough left in him physically to land combination after combination to wear this guy down like how Holy KOed his opponents in his prime.
Sultan definitely has a solid chin, but he was also dropped by Whitaker, Ahunanya, and Austin, although he popped right up each time.

Holyfield does not have enough to stop Sultan at this point. No way.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #14
Butch Coolidge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Donald, Byrd and Toney were decent enough opposition but none of them have the kind of arsenal Ibragimov is bringing with him. The leather is going to be flying at Holy from all directions.

Oquendo is below SI's ability and he still managed to have a good fight vs Holyfield.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #15
BoxingGuru
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Complete lopsided UD for Ibragimov, and once again all the morons will give Holyfield another title shot after he beats a few top 100 fighters.
BoxingGuru is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum