Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #16
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Random Drug Testing for All

They should stick a needle in Void's arse!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #17
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
They should stick a needle in Void's arse!

PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 03:57 AM   #18
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Given Mayweather's rep, I doubt that is his intention.

Don't give in to his "I-want-the-sports-to-be-clean -and-this-request-for-Pac-to-undergo-an-unprecented-random-blood-test-is-just-a-start-for-this-unselfish-act" gimmick.

You know very well it is all big horseshit.
The only people who give a shit what Mayweather's intentions are here are Pactards.......

I myself doubt very seriously that Mayweather is demanding random blood and urine testing to benefit the sport........in fact I'm 100% confident that he's doing it for selfish reason......to assure himself that he's doing everything in his power to make certain Pacquiao climbs into tha ring without the help of PED's.

.......is'nt that what its all about????
Should'nt there be fairness of play in sports????

.....or should those not willing to sacrifice their long term health be at a disadvantage by sharing a ring against someone who's risking his long term health for the benefit of an advantage today?

I remember during baseball's steroid induced Homerun era, Frank Thomas of the Chicago Whitesox mentioning that he wished baseball would adopt a method to test for steroids.
Alot of players knew there was a drug problem, but none wanted to step foward and demand something be done about it......
Frank Thomas was the only prime player I know about who had the courage to make some grumblings about it.
Thomas was a big slugger who had been doing it cleanly and had dominating stats for years......but when sluggers like McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds started hitting tape measure homeruns at astronomical homerun paces, Thomas' stats dwarfed in comparison........when it came time to negotiating a contract extension for Frank Thomas, that had a financial effect on Thomas who was doing it cleanly without cheating.......

With the embarrassment baseball has been through with the steroid era, I bet they wish they had listened to Frank Thomas and tested for steroids sooner than they did......instead of waiting to be embarrased by a senate commitee team that was investigating the extent of steroids in baseball.

If you're PED free in boxing, you should welcome steroid testing as Frank Thomas was voicing from the beggining.

Frank Thomas back then was like Mayweather is now.......
Thomas' intention was'nt to do baseball a service he did it for him own benefit.
Others who were hitting more and longer homeruns with the aid of steroids, and that was effecting what he a PED free ballplayer was making monetarily during a season.

I see nothing wrong with Thomas voicing his opinion back then, just like Mayweather is now.
They each might have done it for selfish reasons, but in the longterm it benefits the sport they participate in.
divac is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 04:12 AM   #19
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i guess my question for you divac is why here and why now? why didn't he demand that jmm also did the same?
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #20
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog View Post
i guess my question for you divac is why here and why now? why didn't he demand that jmm also did the same?
The same reason Frank Thomas did'nt mention earlier that baseball should test for steroids.....
....Thomas did so when the Homeruns by cheating players like McGwire and Sosa were dwarfing his own numbers which btw were of the HOF type.

.....all of sudden the 40+ legit homeruns Thomas was hitting every year was being dwarfed by Steroid users routinely hitting 50+ homeruns every year......and in McGwire and Sosa's case 60+....

.......Thomas did'nt start to grumble about it to the media, untill he saw what was happening around him.

.....the same logic applies here with Mayweather not demaning testing in his past fights........he's never suspected anyone else of doping.

For Mayweather to ask Pac for more stringent testing, obviously he saw the way the smaller Pacquiao bloodgeoned a very good and naturally bigger Cotto.
divac is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #21
Ringnut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

while stricter testing rules is definitely a good thing and I was really hoping Pac would agree to the testing, I don't believe for one moment that Floyd's intentions were to "clean up the sport".
Ringnut is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #22
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
The only people who give a shit what Mayweather's intentions are here are Pactards.......

I myself doubt very seriously that Mayweather is demanding random blood and urine testing to benefit the sport........in fact I'm 100% confident that he's doing it for selfish reason......to assure himself that he's doing everything in his power to make certain Pacquiao climbs into tha ring without the help of PED's.

.......is'nt that what its all about????
Should'nt there be fairness of play in sports????

.....or should those not willing to sacrifice their long term health be at a disadvantage by sharing a ring against someone who's risking his long term health for the benefit of an advantage today?

I remember during baseball's steroid induced Homerun era, Frank Thomas of the Chicago Whitesox mentioning that he wished baseball would adopt a method to test for steroids.
Alot of players knew there was a drug problem, but none wanted to step foward and demand something be done about it......
Frank Thomas was the only prime player I know about who had the courage to make some grumblings about it.
Thomas was a big slugger who had been doing it cleanly and had dominating stats for years......but when sluggers like McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds started hitting tape measure homeruns at astronomical homerun paces, Thomas' stats dwarfed in comparison........when it came time to negotiating a contract extension for Frank Thomas, that had a financial effect on Thomas who was doing it cleanly without cheating.......

With the embarrassment baseball has been through with the steroid era, I bet they wish they had listened to Frank Thomas and tested for steroids sooner than they did......instead of waiting to be embarrased by a senate commitee team that was investigating the extent of steroids in baseball.

If you're PED free in boxing, you should welcome steroid testing as Frank Thomas was voicing from the beggining.

Frank Thomas back then was like Mayweather is now.......
Thomas' intention was'nt to do baseball a service he did it for him own benefit.
Others who were hitting more and longer homeruns with the aid of steroids, and that was effecting what he a PED free ballplayer was making monetarily during a season.

I see nothing wrong with Thomas voicing his opinion back then, just like Mayweather is now.
They each might have done it for selfish reasons, but in the longterm it benefits the sport they participate in.
It will only benefit the sports if it is implemented.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 05:04 AM   #23
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

Quote:
The same reason Frank Thomas did'nt mention earlier that baseball should test for steroids.....
....Thomas did so when the Homeruns by cheating players like McGwire and Sosa were dwarfing his own numbers which btw were of the HOF type.

.....all of sudden the 40+ legit homeruns Thomas was hitting every year was being dwarfed by Steroid users routinely hitting 50+ homeruns every year......and in McGwire and Sosa's case 60+....

.......Thomas did'nt start to grumble about it to the media, untill he saw what was happening around him.

.....the same logic applies here with Mayweather not demaning testing in his past fights........he's never suspected anyone else of doping.

For Mayweather to ask Pac for more stringent testing, obviously he saw the way the smaller Pacquiao bloodgeoned a very good and naturally bigger Cotto.

so do you think it was a planned all along for his father to start the PED allegation against pac so mayweather could use it somewhere down the road?
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 AM   #24
kartog
Agent Smith
ESB Addict

Quote:

And it never occurred to you that maybe Pacquiao, no, seeing as he is just proving it fight after fight, that Pacquiao probably is along the levels of fighters in the history of the sport that have climbed weight divisions and still dominated?

You would first give more weight to suspicions by a convicted drug dealer, who just happens to be the father of an erstwhile pound-for-pound king himsef, who most likely were themselves jealous, envious and wary of the attention and accomplishments this little fighter has had in a span of one and a half years?

There is nothing in your own personal motivations yourself that would cloud your judging Pacquiao as a suspect PED user, is there?

Not the fact that Pacquiao and Marquez fought to two closely contested bouts, and the man you are directly or indirectly casting doubts on was the one who came out with the winning record? And the fact that after these, Pacquiao went on to greater glory, something that basing on Marquez' last performance and his age would be somewhat of a miracle to come near to?

It is a fact that Marquez' two fights with Pacquiao are still the highlights of his career, and the fact that they were close would only attest to the greatness of Marquez himself, considering how Pacquiao has performed even better in the higher weights. I don't see how you can still be bitter about this.
kartog is online now  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #25
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

Quote:

That reasoning and logic should tell the Mayweathers to dig up the graves of Sugar Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong and have their DNA inspected for traces of PEDs. What Pac did to Cotto was small compared to what those two have done to bigger men.
caneman is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #26
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

If GBP want to be seen as credible advocates for cleaning up the sport, they will try to enforce the same USADA random blood testing they wanted Pac to be subject to for every single one of their fights from here on end.

If they don't do this, then the Pac blood testing issue is dead. They cannot demand Pac take any tests they don't demand their own fighters take. I don't care if they are acting on behalf Mayweather who isn't a GBP fighter. They made it personal with their own attacks on Pac.

Now is their chance. Will GBP step up to the plate?
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 05:25 AM   #27
allenray
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Given Mayweather's rep, I doubt that is his intention.

Don't give in to his "I-want-the-sports-to-be-clean -and-this-request-for-Pac-to-undergo-an-unprecented-random-blood-test-is-just-a-start-for-this-unselfish-act" gimmick.

You know very well it is all big horseshit.
the funny thing is the clowns of Golden Boy Promotion were dancing with floyd's tune. and now they are in deep shit trying to seal a fight for floyd while top rank is booked for Mar 13 and planning for another big event.

instead of wasting time playing the role of the commission GBP should just focus on their promotion business.
allenray is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #28
bust3r
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If he really wants a cleaner sport, then why is he negotiating with a known drug user?
bust3r is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum