Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
gilad
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default To Floyd, Hatton and Cotto fans

I'm sick of many members here (not all) who are fans of one of the fighters mentioned above, and as a result show complete disrespect to the other two. I'm sick of comments like "Cotto has no defence and can't take a punch", "Hatton grabs and can't box", "Mayweather runs and can't punch" and whatever.
Those 3 guys are top 10 fighters, all around the same height, weight and age. They all achived a lot already. If anybody thinks Cotto has an easy night with Hatton, Hatton will easily KO Floyd or Floyd will not lose a round to both, these statements are crazy.
If 2 of the 3 mentioned above will meet it will probably be the toughest fight and surely biggest risk each of them has ever taken. Floyd is so skilled and Hatton and Cotto are so strong mentally that you have to go to hell and back in order to beat them (and believe me they all know it and have a lot of respect for each other and maybe even a healthy fear, there's a reason why they demand so much money).
Until those fights are made, we can't say who is the better man in a head to head matchup. Cotto's win against Zab was a great result, so was Hatton's win against Castillo and Floyd's win over Oscar. They all deserve their props...and much respect from the knowledgable fans.
gilad is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Muskyrat
Journeyman

Default Re: To Floyd, Hatton and Cotto fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilad
I'm sick of many members here (not all) who are fans of one of the fighters mentioned above, and as a result show complete disrespect to the other two. I'm sick of comments like "Cotto has no defence and can't take a punch", "Hatton grabs and can't box", "Mayweather runs and can't punch" and whatever.
Those 3 guys are top 10 fighters, all around the same height, weight and age. They all achived a lot already. If anybody thinks Cotto has an easy night with Hatton, Hatton will easily KO Floyd or Floyd will not lose a round to both, these statements are crazy.
If 2 of the 3 mentioned above will meet it will probably be the toughest fight and surely biggest risk each of them has ever taken. Floyd is so skilled and Hatton and Cotto are so strong mentally that you have to go to hell and back in order to beat them (and believe me they all know it and have a lot of respect for each other and maybe even a healthy fear, there's a reason why they demand so much money).
Until those fights are made, we can't say who is the better man in a head to head matchup. Cotto's win against Zab was a great result, so was Hatton's win against Castillo and Floyd's win over Oscar. They all deserve their props...and much respect from the knowledgable fans.
couldnt agree more
Muskyrat is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskyrat
couldnt agree more

Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

I disagree.

Cotto is just too big for Hatton and thats a fact. I'm not saying Cotto is a better fighter, but head to head Hatton doesn't stand much of a chance against Cotto.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Muskyrat
Journeyman

and the sooner the 3 of em decide to fight each other the better for it is for boxing. Its got to be the nearest we've been to the leonard hearns duran hagler era
Muskyrat is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Muskyrat
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I disagree.

Cotto is just too big for Hatton and thats a fact. I'm not saying Cotto is a better fighter, but head to head Hatton doesn't stand much of a chance against Cotto.
think cotto is potentially the pick of the bunch
Muskyrat is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
ferd cloupes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

perm any two from three and you've got a fantastic fight
ferd cloupes is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mayweather easily handles either of them, probably both of them at the same time.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInvasion
Hatton can beat Cotto at 140
Cotto wins at 147

Floyd beats Hatton period
Floyd can beat Cotto at 147

Cotto I suspect might be even better at 154, just a feeling, and particularly against a smaller guy. I sense that if, for whatever reason, Floyd stays at 154 Cotto might have his best chance.

All conjecture until we get the mega the 'Welter weight region' deserves.
Wow not that I think about it I'd favor Cotto against Mayweather at 154lbs and I'd favor PBF at 147lbs, jesus you have opened my eyes to a new option.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Wow not that I think about it I'd favor Cotto against Mayweather at 154lbs and I'd favor PBF at 147lbs, jesus you have opened my eyes to a new option.
I agree. I believe Cotto would probably take Mayweather at 154. I think Floyd's just too damn fast at 147 and below.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Excellent post
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #12
1-Ton
Walking in the Light
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1338

I like all 3 fighters. I think that in any scenario, these guys present interesting and tough match-ups against each other, and I could honestly see any one of them beating the other on any given day. I am eager for these guys to get the ring with each other to see what happens.
1-Ton is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilad
Im a fan of Cotto and Mayweather as well but not Hatton.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #14
Mook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskyrat
and the sooner the 3 of em decide to fight each other the better for it is for boxing. Its got to be the nearest we've been to the leonard hearns duran hagler era

I agree entirely, and have been saying this myself for ages. the way we know that they're all great is that all of their CVs would have that much more gloss if they beat one of the others.

I think Juan Diaz has the potential to be part of this list - he has more pop in his punches than is generally acknoeledged, but one or two divisions upwards I'd guess he'd struggle.
Mook is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #15
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Agreement here. They've all proved their status. Only question is whether my man Ricky can make a successful return up to Welter at some stage. I hope so. That's where the fights are.
grayggr is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum