Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #31
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: One thing you can't take away from American and Mexican boxers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
with the exception of DD how many americans on esb watch a lot of european boxing to know one way or the other ?

hit on the point i dnt get to watch a bunch of euro's
tays001 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #32
MrStayman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
i know old time posters like diamonddave and marting read the euro section but they are few and far between.

a large part of it i beleive is ignorant is bliss.

heavys like boystov/chagaev/povetkin have stay in the pocket styles with power who i guarantee if more americans watched they would like and follow.

they are good pressure/box fighters with good abilty and power and better than any american prospects/title holder at the moment to watch.

you have haye/huck 2 power punching aggressive fighters at cruiserweight who are good to watch.

woods been a revalation for the last few years.

power punchers like froch/active like bute/ etc etc .

abraham is a good box/puncher to watch

dzindurek probably the best of the lot at 154 given the chance

etc etc down to feather.

for every stand up textbook boxer there is a puncher/pressure fighter champ or top 5.

if you do not like east european and european boxing in general makes me wonder why you joined the biggest east european orientated boxing forum on the net EASTsideboxing, albeit therer is now a lot more americans here than there used to be in the beginning of eastside.
I like Euro boxing. I'm just trolling for fun.
MrStayman is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #33
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Prince Naseem Hamed & Nigel Benn
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #34
Taffyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman
A plastic paddy laughing at a smart arse yank........... ....Thats funny...........What are you ice.......American or Irish , or one of them mixed up pricks who think their irish but in fact actually only know someone who drank a guiness once....... .............. Im part Irish but consider myself welsh...........If need any help understanding that quote in your avatar panel , let me know & I'll translate it for you........slan leat or da boch...........from a real celt..
Taffyy is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #35
Shane
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyy
A plastic paddy laughing at a smart arse yank........... ....Thats funny...........What are you ice.......American or Irish , or one of them mixed up pricks who think their irish but in fact actually only know someone who drank a guiness once....... .............. Im part Irish but consider myself welsh...........If need any help understanding that quote in your avatar panel , let me know & I'll translate it for you........slan leat or da boch...........from a real celt..
First of all Guiness taste Horrible i would rather drink motor oil...second of all i could care less what you think of me or america Eurosnob...
Shane is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #36
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I will admit Euros are normally boring to watch fight for the most part, I think thats part of the reason the heavywieght division has suffered so much in the last 5 years. Most Euro heavywieghts rather back out of fights then step in the ring and take of business, I have lost alot of respect for fighters like Vitali and Maskaev who do what ever they can not to fight certain fighters. As Larry Merchant once said in a HBO telecast, "Joe Louis where our you I cant take much more of these Heavywieghts".
box03 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27 PM   #37
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
I will admit Euros are normally boring to watch fight for the most part, I think thats part of the reason the heavywieght division has suffered so much in the last 5 years. Most Euro heavywieghts rather back out of fights then step in the ring and take of business, I have lost alot of respect for fighters like Vitali and Maskaev who do what ever they can not to fight certain fighters. As Larry Merchant once said in a HBO telecast, "Joe Louis where our you I cant take much more of these Heavywieghts".

I will admit americans are normally boring to watch fight for the most part, I think thats part of the reason the heavywieght division has suffered so much in the last 5 years. Most american heavywieghts rather go to macdonald`s then step in the ring and take of business, I have lost alot of respect for fighters like toney and rahman who do what ever they can not to avoid a fast food outlet . As Larry Merchant once said in a HBO telecast, "Joe Louis where our you I cant take much more of these Heavywieghts".[/quote]

if it was not for oversea`s fighters , it would be holyfield v ruiz 14 in a few weeks time.
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #38
Rollo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box03
If eastern/Euro-heavies are that boring, then bring up some americans who can beat them.

Last edited by JimmyShimmy; 07-16-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Rollo is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #39
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonc1
First of all Guiness taste Horrible i would rather drink motor oil...second of all i could care less what you think of me or america Eurosnob...
Nice avatar..

This thread is rather pointless, though.

There are exciting American/Mexican fighters, Tyson, Chavez, etc, and there are boring ones (Anyone made it to the end of Byrd/Williamson?).
For European figthers it's all the same. Lewis/Vitali was a great, exciting fight, as was Liakhovic/Brewster, but for instance Valuev fights are rather boring. It all evens out.

Last edited by Marciano Frazier; 07-16-2006 at 10:04 PM.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #40
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I will admit americans are normally boring to watch fight for the most part, I think thats part of the reason the heavywieght division has suffered so much in the last 5 years. Most american heavywieghts rather go to macdonald`s then step in the ring and take of business, I have lost alot of respect for fighters like toney and rahman who do what ever they can not to avoid a fast food outlet . As Larry Merchant once said in a HBO telecast, "Joe Louis where our you I cant take much more of these Heavywieghts".

if it was not for oversea`s fighters , it would be holyfield v ruiz 14 in a few weeks time.[/quote] Well Lamon Brewster was very exciting when he was champ from April 04 to April 06, Bryd was very exciting when he fought both Mccline and Golota. My proof is that the Heavywieght division is all 4 title holders are Euro Iggy,Wlad,Maskaev, and Chageav. The only active fighter in the heavywieght division that attracts PPV fights is a 44 year old Holyfield, I do blame the US fighters for not bringing up better fighters, but it doesnt help when 2 of the 4 champs back out of fights that would help the heavywieght division gain a little popularity not to mention that Vitali Bitchko who has backed out countless amount of times instead of getting in the ring and fighting.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #41
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
A plastic paddy laughing at a smart arse yank...........
You're a veritable dictionary of English slang.

Quote:
slan leat or da boch...........from a real celt..
Excellent! I've been looking for one for years!

Could you teach me how to apply woad while we sing Druidic songs over the campfire?
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #42
Taffyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonc1
It was aimed at iceman retard..........
Taffyy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 AM   #43
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

box03 wrote
Quote:
Well Lamon Brewster was very exciting when he was champ from April 04 to April 06, Bryd was very exciting when he fought both Mccline and Golota. My proof is that the Heavywieght division is all 4 title holders are Euro Iggy,Wlad,Maskaev, and Chageav. The only active fighter in the heavywieght division that attracts PPV fights is a 44 year old Holyfield, I do blame the US fighters for not bringing up better fighters, but it doesnt help when 2 of the 4 champs back out of fights that would help the heavywieght division gain a little popularity not to mention that Vitali Bitchko who has backed out countless amount of times instead of getting in the ring and fighting.

i have no idea of what tv you can get or if you are a boxing dealer and buy dvds to watch fights overseas .

but i thought brewster v krasniqi was a very good fight.

i thought chagaev v valuev was a good fight

maskaev v sam was a good fight

PPV numbers in america is an an american problem, how is that a reflection on european boxers ??

for instance all the above fights went out on free to air tv in europe and were watched by millions and millions .

american tv and audience are very insular must be the american tv execs view which is why they never showed these fights stateside.

the heavyweight division has never been so popular, its just from an american perspective at this moment it might not be , but there again america only makes up 2% of the population.

take a step outside america and you will see if having european champs is harming boxing.

IMO it is very good for the sport.
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 AM   #44
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

The people who say that Euros don't give exciting fights havent seen Briggs vs Admaek I and II.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:40 AM   #45
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Here the top USA and well known Americans getting around today

Hopkins
Taylor
Pavlik
PBF
Spinks
Dawson
Winky
Mosley
Jones
Tarver
Lacy
etc

Now you name the international guys Euro,Aussie,Asian South American of late that have given you to many great fights to name.
If i made of list of all the exciting Internationals the list would be too big.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum