Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 03:54 AM   #46
valdez
Grand Champ
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: One thing you can't take away from American and Mexican boxers...

How about we just say Mexicans are the most entertaining.. lol.
valdez is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #47
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Here the top USA and well known Americans getting around today

Hopkins
Taylor
Pavlik
PBF
Spinks
Dawson
Winky
Mosley
Jones
Tarver
Lacy
etc

Now you name the international guys Euro,Aussie,Asian South American of late that have given you to many great fights to name.
If i made of list of all the exciting Internationals the list would be too big.
Yes well, International list would contain fighters from many countries, as opposed to one.

Don't slant it one way or the opther like the other posters here looking to incite something. There are great fighters from all over the world.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #48
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member

moore macklin you dont get more entertainingt han that
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 AM   #49
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

I think the boxing product in Europe is actually pretty good. You got hard-nosed guys like Woods and Mormeck. You got the cream of the crop like Calzaghe and Kessler. Marco Huck is pretty good as is the 100-year talent Braehmer hehe. The Eastern European fighters have practically taken over the heavyweight division.

I will say this though. Alot of European fight fans talk about how America is this and America is that and they say that their fighters don't need America yet I've seen fighters on numerous occasions talk about "going to America" or "fighting the best American opponents." Hell, Joe Calzaghe makes no secret of how proud he is of his undefeated record against American fighters.

You got fans bashing the United States all the time and you got fighters trying to seek its public approval. It's a little contradictory.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 AM   #50
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthLondonsFinest
moore macklin you dont get more entertainingt han that

****ing sure. Anyone who watches this fight and calls it boring deserves to be bitch slapped to death.

Europe has produced plenty of exciting fighters and plenty of exciting fights. Whether Americans bother to watch them is entirely their decision.
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #51
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
I think the boxing product in Europe is actually pretty good. You got hard-nosed guys like Woods and Mormeck. You got the cream of the crop like Calzaghe and Kessler. Marco Huck is pretty good as is the 100-year talent Braehmer hehe. The Eastern European fighters have practically taken over the heavyweight division.

I will say this though. Alot of European fight fans talk about how America is this and America is that and they say that their fighters don't need America yet I've seen fighters on numerous occasions talk about "going to America" or "fighting the best American opponents." Hell, Joe Calzaghe makes no secret of how proud he is of his undefeated record against American fighters.

You got fans bashing the United States all the time and you got fighters trying to seek its public approval. It's a little contradictory.
what you are saying is true , its just that europeans have always followed american and european boxing , whereas a large percentage of american fight fans follow american boxing only.

for example before satteliite i used to have to go to cinema`s to watch closed circut tv shows of live american boxing bills at 4am in the morning at gants hill odeon and there would be a 1000 others there with me and not a single european was involved on the bill.

we love boxing, not just european boxing.
sean is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #52
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
what you are saying is true , its just that europeans have always followed american and european boxing , whereas a large percentage of american fight fans follow american boxing only.

for example before satteliite i used to have to go to cinema`s to watch closed circut tv shows of live american boxing bills at 4am in the morning at gants hill odeon and there would be a 1000 others there with me and not a single european was involved on the bill.

we love boxing, not just european boxing.
Alot of American fans (and Americans in general) have a very myopic view when it comes to boxing and the quality of it outside the country so I can understand the resentment people have towards us. But it's like anything else in life. It's foolish to judge a whole group of people by the actions/viewpoints of a few.

I'm glad that HBO recognized the significance of Calzaghe/Kessler. It would have been a crime had they decided not to televise it.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 AM   #53
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypr18
Boricuas and mexicans are the most entertaining fights.
Not anymore. Filipino Fighters already took over.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 AM   #54
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

European/Mexican fights are more entertaining than American fights
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #55
etong_08
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

King Arthur, Lancelot, and James Bond can put up entertaining fights...
etong_08 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #56
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
box03 wrote

PPV numbers in america is an an american problem, how is that a reflection on european boxers ??

for instance all the above fights went out on free to air tv in europe and were watched by millions and millions .

american tv and audience are very insular must be the american tv execs view which is why they never showed these fights stateside.
Moore v Macklin didn't actually happen in America because they didn't see it. The very worst part of American society is their insularity, which is a shame
David UK is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #57
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Moore v Macklin didn't actually happen in America because they didn't see it. The very worst part of American society is their insularity, which is a shame
I feel sorry for those across the Atlantic(or anywhere else) who didn't get to see Macklin v Moore . The best Light-Middleweight fight I can remember........and I don't just mean of recent times either .
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #58
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStayman
There are more entertaining American/Mexican fights than there are entertaining European fights. It's not even close.
sometimes.
joeboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #59
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

I would rank Mormeck above Calzaghe and Kessler, considering that he is a lineal/undisputed champion who just defeated the clear #2 guy who had previously defeated him in his division.
cross_trainer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum