Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #31
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224
Default Re: Floyd will destroy Hatton, and the poms will be put in there place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
another bitter little tszyu fan are we?
did you know they made tszyu fight at 2 o'clock in the morning? of course hatton was in a different timezone.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #32
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
another bitter little tszyu fan are we?
pretty sad if your still using this.
Boyd is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #33
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor Em
I like Hatton, I gave him credit (#6 on my p4p list) he has beaten 2 Hall of Fame fighters and is the best 140 lb fighter in the world, but people saying "Floyd will wither from the pressue" shows a lack of respect for Floyd. Every fighter deserves some form of respect, it is just a shame fighters such as Hopkins and Taylor do not get this respect from many posters here. Taylor was an undefeaten champion with as good of a resmue has Hattons going into the Pavlik fight, he took a huge risk and lost a very good fight where he almost stopped Pav earlier on. Hatton deserves the same respect that Taylor deserves. The only problem he gets the respect and Jermain gets trashed. The brits are by far way more bias.

I respect Hatton, but I have anything but respect for many(not all) of the arrogant Brits on here. Who claim "the Yanks" are overrating "their fighters." Well most knowlegable "Yank" boxing fans give Hatton and Calzaghe their credit. Too bad the limeys don't do the same when it comes to Hopkins, Mayweather, and Taylor.
I would say 99% of British boxing fans have Mayweather(USA) in their top2 p-4-p lists, with most of them having him at number one. Furthermore many will have either Roy Jones(USA) or Ray leonard(USA) as the best fighter they have ever seen. Meanwhile,Taylor and to a lesser extent, Hopkins ARE overrated
David UK is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #34
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd
pretty sad if your still using this.
me? the tszyu fans still start threads on here to this day about how he was robbed and cheated.it's the the biggest and longest whinge in boxing history.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #35
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
I would say 99% of British boxing fans have Mayweather(USA) in their top2 p-4-p lists, with most of them having him at number one. Furthermore many will have either Roy Jones(USA) or Ray leonard(USA) as the best fighter they have ever seen. Meanwhile,Taylor and to a lesser extent, Hopkins ARE overrated
I agree totally. Only a few die hards believe that Hatton will beat Floyd but we support him regardless. Leonard, Jones and Hearns are the most natrually gifted fighters I have ever seen. Just because Arran is a Brit dosen't mean the rest of us don't appreciate other fighters from different nationalities.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #36
BOOKA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The USA is a huge country and it is a well known fact round the whole world that the majority of top boxers come from the USA

Just like it is a well known fact round the world that the majority of simpletons come from the USA
BOOKA is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #37
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
did you know they made tszyu fight at 2 o'clock in the morning? of course hatton was in a different timezone.
This excuse does still actually get used you know?

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 07-17-2006 at 07:57 PM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #38
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
This excuse does still actually get used you know?
i know, it's one of the most pitiful excuses i have ever heard.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #39
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
These damn Brits are really getting ****y, talkinYg about how Hopkins has no change against Calzaghe, Kessler has no change against Calzaghe(even though I think Calzaghe will beat him, but the fight will be good and Kessler is a legit fighter). No one from 160-175 beats Joe. They want Calzaghes Junk in their mouth. Floyd can't deal will Hatton's pressure. Way too much American bias in the p4p rankings. Well here is a p4p list.

1. Floyd Mayweather (U.S.A.)
2. Manny Pacquaio (Phillipines)
3. Bernard Hopkins (U.S.A.) Yes handjob he deserves a spot there with wins over Winky, the first person to do it in nearly 10 years, Tarver, the consesus best Lt. Heavy in the world, Who the **** is Erdei again?
A middleweight reign that was at least as impressive as Joes at 168.
4. Joe Calzaghe (U.K.) Great fighter, the best the British have seen since LL retired.
5. Miguel Cotto (PR) I know a US "Territory" but come on now, would a p4p fighter who came from Hong Kong 15 years ago be considered "British"
6. Ricky Hatton (U.K.) Wins over Zoo, and Castillo even those past prime he deserves to be here. That win over Kostya was partically impressive because Zoo just toasted Sharmba Mitchell in 3 the fight before. Maussa was a pretty good win as well. Still he is gonna get beat down by Floyd, and I like Hatton.
7. Juan Manuel Marquez (Mexico) just came off a very good win against a fading but still possibly an elite Barrera, was robbed against John.
8. Winky Wright (U.S.A.) Wins over Mosley twice, Tito, Quartey, and Soliman are quite impressive. Lost a close but clear decision to a boxing master and he was 10 lbs heaver than he should have been.
9/10. Izzy Vasquez/Rafa Marquez (Mexico) both great champions who have split their first 2 meetings. So I can't decide which should be higher.

3 Fighters from US
3 From Mexico
2 From Snaggletooth Kingdom
1 From Phillipines
1 From Puerto Rico

American Bias? Eat a dick, you have 2 great champions who deserve to be high in the p4p top 10 but we have legends fighting in the US, so show more respect.

I can't wait for December 8th
TOSSER
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #40
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie007
TOSSER
Hey noob what alias are you?
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #41
Fedor Em
Enforcement, VRWC style
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
No they aren't Taylor is the #2 middleweight in the world right now and before the fight with Pavlik he was not higher than 10 on my list after that lackluster performance against Spinks. Besides 2 very close fights with Taylor(which he did lose) Hopkins has clearly won everyfight he has been in since he fought Roy in 93. That includes a middleweight reign as impressive as Calzaghes at supermiddle, if not more so. Plus wins over Winky (who had not lost in nearly 10 years, though he was about 10 lbs heavier than he should have been), and Tarver who was the Lt. Heavy champ. (Yes he was who has Erdei beat)?

Last edited by Fedor Em; 10-04-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Fedor Em is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #42
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standi
Junior Witter is a good fighter,better than Hatton
shouldn't floyd be getting in the ring with junior then, rather than ricky? or is floyd ducking junior?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #43
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

so it's all about the money with floyd? doesn't that frustrate you that your favourite boxer is only interested in the $$$$$$ and not cementing a legacy?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #44
BeaverDan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
These damn Brits are really getting ****y, talking about how Hopkins has no change against Calzaghe, Kessler has no change against Calzaghe(even though I think Calzaghe will beat him, but the fight will be good and Kessler is a legit fighter). No one from 160-175 beats Joe. They want Calzaghes Junk in their mouth. Floyd can't deal will Hatton's pressure. Way too much American bias in the p4p rankings. Well here is a p4p list.

1. Floyd Mayweather (U.S.A.)
2. Manny Pacquaio (Phillipines)
3. Bernard Hopkins (U.S.A.) Yes handjob he deserves a spot there with wins over Winky, the first person to do it in nearly 10 years, Tarver, the consesus best Lt. Heavy in the world, Who the **** is Erdei again?
A middleweight reign that was at least as impressive as Joes at 168.
4. Joe Calzaghe (U.K.) Great fighter, the best the British have seen since LL retired.
5. Miguel Cotto (PR) I know a US "Territory" but come on now, would a p4p fighter who came from Hong Kong 15 years ago be considered "British"
6. Ricky Hatton (U.K.) Wins over Zoo, and Castillo even those past prime he deserves to be here. That win over Kostya was partically impressive because Zoo just toasted Sharmba Mitchell in 3 the fight before. Maussa was a pretty good win as well. Still he is gonna get beat down by Floyd, and I like Hatton.
7. Juan Manuel Marquez (Mexico) just came off a very good win against a fading but still possibly an elite Barrera, was robbed against John.
8. Winky Wright (U.S.A.) Wins over Mosley twice, Tito, Quartey, and Soliman are quite impressive. Lost a close but clear decision to a boxing master and he was 10 lbs heaver than he should have been.
9/10. Izzy Vasquez/Rafa Marquez (Mexico) both great champions who have split their first 2 meetings. So I can't decide which should be higher.

3 Fighters from US
3 From Mexico
2 From Snaggletooth Kingdom
1 From Phillipines
1 From Puerto Rico

American Bias? Eat a dick, you have 2 great champions who deserve to be high in the p4p top 10 but we have legends fighting in the US, so show more respect.

I can't wait for December 8th
Wow, you really proved your point and put it across quite nicely with your petty name calling i.e "Poms, Limeys and 'snaggletooth kingdom'". Well done FAT BOY (oh, did I just make a generalization? No way!).

Think about it. When Brits are trying to play down the opposition, they're going to say somethin'. If we think Floyd is going to win, we're not gonna' shout it from the roof tops you fool. This means that most Brits may even believe Floyd will win, but you don't hear from them because they don't want to go saying it.

Every country hypes their own sportsman. The media do it and we follow suit. So shut up crying and wait for the result you desperately crave.
BeaverDan is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #45
Ziggy Montana
The Butcher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2006
Floyd is definitely going to wreck Hatton.
JC2006,

PBF has too much boxing genius for Hatton.

Calling this bout a wreckage/destruction is somewhat iffy.

Since the Gatti fight, PBF hasn't wrecked anyone, just did enough to win using his customary fencing style. The Baldomir, Judah and DLH fights were beautiful to watch from a technical standpoint but no sign there of PBF stepping into the ring with views on destroying his opponents.

Mayweather by UD. I don't expect too much emotion and not many defining moments, if any.

I would have preferred to see both fighters fighting at 140. Either one is more "destructive" at that weight, if destruction is what we like to see.

BTW, hello boxing fans. I'm new here.

Last edited by Ziggy Montana; 10-04-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Ziggy Montana is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum