Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #376
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marciano Harder Hitter than Lennox Lewis

What the hell are you on about??? China said that any 200lb fighter's lewis fought would be in good shape, and then you started on about mcline and peter (who don't weight 200lbs), i then said any 200lbs fighter lewis fought would be in good shape as that is very low weight for a modern heavyweight and if you can weigh 200lbs at heavyweight instead of being fat like most other's your more than likely in good shape.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #377
OLD FOGEY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
What the hell are you on about??? China said that any 200lb fighter's lewis fought would be in good shape, and then you started on about mcline and peter (who don't weight 200lbs), i then said any 200lbs fighter lewis fought would be in good shape as that is very low weight for a modern heavyweight and if you can weigh 200lbs at heavyweight instead of being fat like most other's your more than likely in good shape.
And I repeat why does a Lewis opponent of 200lb have to be in shape? That is nonsense. In fact neither you nor China Hand Joe have the slightest idea what kind of shape Marciano's opponents were in. I have never made the claim Marciano's listed opponents were in better shape than Lewis' listed opponents. Joe made the claim that Lewis' opponents were in better shape than Marciano's but provided no evidence. Without evidence of some sort, this claim is just hot air.
OLD FOGEY is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #378
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD FOGEY
Without evidence of some sort, this claim is just hot air.
Garbage. Hot Garbage.
Icemmann is online now  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #379
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHudson
He would not be faster, for the reasons outlined in my previous post.

The design solution at 5 foot 9 is different to the one at 6 foot 3.

If you scale the proportions exactly, the new 6 foor 3 Greene would have more strength, but his gain in mass would be greater, so his strength/weight ratio would actually be reduced.

I'm off to work, over and out.
It's pointless.

Also to note, the contraction of longer muscles differs from the contraction of shorter muscles. Mo Greene would need a different- not equal- technique in his sprinting. Just compare his stride to that of 6-5 Obikwelu from Portugal. They are two completely different though successful running forms, neccesitated by the individual strengths of the respective athletes. Mo's seems much more articulated while Obi's is almost truncated. This all does apply ultimately to the sweet science in the punching style of long limbed and short limbed fighters, both of which have been very successful.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #380
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Why? Three of Lewis' foes were losing fighters. Connolly was 6' 5", Jackson 6' 4", Wilson 6' 3.5", Louis 6' 2", Shkor anywhere from 6' 2" to 6'5 depending on source. They just seem to be big men. Provide proof they were out of shape versus Lewis' opponents. Many of them were much more experienced fighters and they on the whole had more fights and better records.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Shkor certainly doesn't look out of shape. And I think the 6'5" height listing is most likely to be accurate, given that he looks a trifle on the slim side.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #381
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Then they were all slow. There was something wrong with them, they were all KO'd by Marciano.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #382
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Then they were all slow. There was something wrong with them, they were all KO'd by Marciano.
In other words, you've already made up your mind without knowing the facts, and will support your opinions with circular assumptions given an absence of objective evidence in their favor(and in fact, the presence of apparent evidence to the contrary).
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #383
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Lewis is a bigger hitter, Marciano was just more adept at applying his power on a regular basis.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #384
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano Frazier
In other words, you've already made up your mind without knowing the facts, and will support your opinions with circular assumptions given an absence of objective evidence in their favor(and in fact, the presence of apparent evidence to the contrary).
Basically that's his job.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #385
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Lewis is a bigger hitter, Marciano was just more adept at applying his power on a regular basis.

I agree.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #386
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
They may weight the same, but those Lewis fought would have been 200 lbers in excellent shape and modern. Those Rocky fought fat and primative.

All the stats on the first page tell us, Rocky's opponents couldn't take a punch.
I'm afraid I have to question the integrity of this post, and definately the credibility of the one who wrote it.

What is it about those stats that tell you that Marciano's opponents couldn't take a punch or that they were fat and primitive? Even Louis at 37 years old, was still in reasonably good shape at 213 LBS. Not that I'll claim that he was even remotely close to being at his best, but fat and primitive? Where in the hell do you come up with this stuff? Do you just sit around all day and grab these ideas out of the air, or is there some top secret source of information that only you and not the rest of the world is privey to?

What a load of nonsense.

Last edited by mr. magoo; 10-08-2007 at 12:30 AM.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 01:25 AM   #387
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
This has to be the biggest load of **** that I have so far heard on this site, and the true words of a troll.

Last edited by mr. magoo; 10-08-2007 at 08:59 AM.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #388
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
"fat and primitive"

You mean like Sam Peter and Jameel McCline? and other modern greats?
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #389
OLD FOGEY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_trainer
One final point:

I do NOT think Marciano hits harder than Lewis. But equally, I believe that Louis could hit as had as Lewis. Heavier is not always the same thing as more powerful.

For what it is worth, though, Walcott said Marciano hit harder with a single punch than Louis.
OLD FOGEY is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #390
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I find it funny that again somebody argues with something i haven't even said, where have i claimed marcinao opponents are in bad shape, come up pull that quote from anywhere on the site ????
Oh wait you can't, so once again your as good as lying and trying to look clever when infact your just talking rubbish.
I was more joking about lewis 200lbs opponents being in shape as it's implied that alot of more modern heavyweights are fat, therefore if you fought lewis and weighed 200lbs the chances are you're not fat otherwise you would weigh alot more becuase they might not be in the best shape.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum