Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #46
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anthony Mundine v Kelly Pavlik. Who Wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Based on what? Taylor is a massive middleweight and would dwarf mundine if they both were in the ring. Who has Mundine ever knocked out who wasn't a complete bum?
Sam Soliman
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 AM   #47
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkers
Hits harder than TAYLOR not Pavlik, I was comparing him to Taylor, not that Pavliks power is especially monstrous (he's no G-man, unlike 20% of the retards in the general forum who think he hits harder), I suspect Andy Lee (comp is limited, but he shows very solid technique, disposes of that sort of comp in much the same fashion as Pavlik did, he's a little more balanced and upright than Pavlik) and Abraham both hit harder at middleweight.
Good post, the only thing i don't agree with is that AA does not have the power that Pavlik does.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:33 AM   #48
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Good post, the only thing i don't agree with is that AA does not have the power that Pavlik does.
Pavlik has the bigger right hand, AA the bigger left hook, personally though I think there a bit more in AAs' hook than Pavs' right hand.
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #49
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #50
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

You know what Danny Green has more Power than this guy Pavlik that the Yanks think is there new savour.

Anyone like ive said with skills and not willing to go toe to toe with Pavlik will beat him.

Mundine would win this aslong as he used his jab like against Danny and stayed to the outside.
Pavliks defense is non existent about 2.30 min of every round ive seen him.
MUNDINE UD.

Read and weap Pavlik fans.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #51
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
You know what Danny Green has more Power than this guy Pavlik that the Yanks think is there new savour.

Anyone like ive said with skills and not willing to go toe to toe with Pavlik will beat him.

Mundine would win this aslong as he used his jab like against Danny and stayed to the outside.
Pavliks defense is non existent about 2.30 min of every round ive seen him.
MUNDINE UD.

Read and weap Pavlik fans.
hahaha well said Bop Bop!!!
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #52
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
But if the Mundine who fought Siaca turns up than it's a Pavlik KO for sure.
That mundine is never gonna appear again.
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:28 AM   #53
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

I'd pick Pavlik by UD or SD. Mundine would run the entire fight and Pavlik would win on aggression and pressing the fight, if he didn't catch Mundine who didn't do enough for the win.

Pavlik is being overrated at the moment too. Beating an overrated Taylor on the ass end of his carreer isn't reason enough to P4P the guy yet. Pavliks offence is powerful, but it's too slow and telegraphed giving Mundine a good chance to avoid him all night. If Mundine finds a comfortable way inside Pavliks range he may well get a UD himself
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 AM   #54
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress
I'd pick Pavlik by UD or SD. Mundine would run the entire fight and Pavlik would win on aggression and pressing the fight, if he didn't catch Mundine who didn't do enough for the win.

Pavlik is being overrated at the moment too. Beating an overrated Taylor on the ass end of his carreer isn't reason enough to P4P the guy yet. Pavliks offence is powerful, but it's too slow and telegraphed giving Mundine a good chance to avoid him all night. If Mundine finds a comfortable way inside Pavliks range he may well get a UD himself
Well said Pork Chop but like ive said anyone with skills could easily outbox Pavlik.

Mundine could run all night and win still because ho many times have we seen PBF or Spinks take this tactic.

Plus i feel if Pavlik got it in his head to be aggressive against Mundine Choc could just chip away at him like he did to Green.

Mundine has great defense aswell and Pavlik is way to slow to stop getting hit by Mundine super fast jab all night which could frusrtate him and cause him to do something stupid.

I would favour Mundine as i would favour anyone with Slick skills and great defense against Pavlik because like you said to many telegraphed punch's and way to slow. And Pavliks defense is poor at best.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #55
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mundine would whoop him. Pavlik is just bullying middleweights at the moment. His bubble was nearly burst on the weekend with Taylor's speed giving him real problems. Mundine is faster, stronger and way better defensively than Taylor.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 AM   #56
boxa01
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

mundine wins on points never hurts pavlik and pavlik doesnt land much on choc chocs skill is far superior pavlik wont be champ for long
boxa01 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:19 AM   #57
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

Yeah thats all true Boppa, but at the moment Pavlik has come out and done what it takes to win everytime and Mundine hasn't - thats why i initially would go with the Pavlik win... its not cuz Pavlik is so good, it's because you never know which Mundine is going to turn up to a fight
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:54 AM   #58
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900

I'd back choc to beat kelly as long as he comes into the fight in top condition eye wise and not gun shy...

Kelly clearly has the power to take mundine out but i reckon Choc could out box him as long as he keeps his work rate up and pops his jab and throughs combos all night
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:59 AM   #59
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo
Well said Pork Chop but like ive said anyone with skills could easily outbox Pavlik.

Mundine could run all night and win still because ho many times have we seen PBF or Spinks take this tactic.

Plus i feel if Pavlik got it in his head to be aggressive against Mundine Choc could just chip away at him like he did to Green.

Mundine has great defense aswell and Pavlik is way to slow to stop getting hit by Mundine super fast jab all night which could frusrtate him and cause him to do something stupid.

I would favour Mundine as i would favour anyone with Slick skills and great defense against Pavlik because like you said to many telegraphed punch's and way to slow. And Pavliks defense is poor at best.
]

If the fight was in Australia he would have no worries about not gettin a decision coz of running as long as he still does some work..

but i doubt that Mundine would have the power to get the fight here if it ever did happen
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #60
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

To everyone who is backing Mundine....which world class boxer has Mundine beat for you to be so certain of a win against Pavlik?
madpup is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum