Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #16
JC2006
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 19911
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs Mike Tyson.... WHO TAKES IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31
What do you base that on? Tyson would have a better chance of knocking out in one round, because hes a fast starter. Vitali has to be the most overated heavyweight in the history of heavyweight boxing. His entire career is based on a loss to a retiring Lennox Lewis. Its mind boggling. Hes average at best. The two most important fights to his legacy in his career he lost. Part of being a great fighter is being able to actually finish a fight.
Tyson couldn't beat McBride how the **** is he gonna beat Vitali or anyone for that matter?
JC2006 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2006
Tyson couldn't beat McBride how the **** is he gonna beat Vitali or anyone for that matter?
Vitali couldnt even make it to a fight, how in the hell is he going to stand up to Tyson? While I agree Tyson is finished, its more mentally than physically. He is mentally no longer a fighter, whereas the opposite holds true for Vitali. His body cant even make it through a training camp let alone a tough grueling fight.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #18
Orang-Utan Jim
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Klitschkos style is poison for Tyson.

Klitschko via UD (9-3)
Orang-Utan Jim is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #19
smk

Klitscho is the most dangerous opponent for Tyson. He´s extremely strong, extremely big and has good handspeed for a big man. He´s also very clever and boxes from the outside (as you have to against Tyson). Apart from that: He´s also got one the best chins ever at HW, he´s never been down.

That´s hard to overcome for Tyson. Klitscho would be a much more difficult opponent for a prime Tyson than Lewis, simply because the size difference is same but Klitschko´s chin is so much better than Lewis´.

I forgot to mention the mental aspect: Klitschko comes to fight.

He can in no way be compared to the tomato cans that Tyson fought. Not skillwise, strenghtwise or from a mental point of view. Big fighters were always able to trouble Tyson, even a prime Tyson.

While I feel that nobody of the same size wins against Tyson, the size difference would be too much here.

I think Klitschko takes that.
smk is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #20
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smk
Klitscho is the most dangerous opponent for Tyson. He´s extremely strong, extremely big and has good handspeed for a big man. He´s also very clever and boxes from the outside (as you have to against Tyson). Apart from that: He´s also got one the best chins ever at HW, he´s never been down.

That´s hard to overcome for Tyson. Klitscho would be a much more difficult opponent for a prime Tyson than Lewis, simply because the size difference is same but Klitschko´s chin is so much better than Lewis´.

I forgot to mention the mental aspect: Klitschko comes to fight.

He can in no way be compared to the tomato cans that Tyson fought. Not skillwise, strenghtwise or from a mental point of view. Big fighters were always able to trouble Tyson, even a prime Tyson.

While I feel that nobody of the same size wins against Tyson, the size difference would be too much here.

I think Klitschko takes that.
Hogwash. Tyson in his prime carried everyone into a brawl, where they either held on for dear life and got beat up or got knocked out. The only time Vitali was ever in a brawl, he was taken to pieces by Lewis. A prime Tyson was far faster and punched harder and more frequent than anything Lewis demonstrated in that fight. Vitali would be knocked out within 2 rounds by a prime Tyson.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #21
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Quote:
Hogwash. Tyson in his prime carried everyone into a brawl, where they either held on for dear life and got beat up or got knocked out. The only time Vitali was ever in a brawl, he was taken to pieces by Lewis. A prime Tyson was far faster and punched harder and more frequent than anything Lewis demonstrated in that fight. Vitali would be knocked out within 2 rounds by a prime Tyson.
If Quick Tillis could take 3 rounds off Tyson I'm pretty sure the man isn't invincible...
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #22
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Vitali gets chop down in less than 8.

Iron Mike had some of the best upper body movement I have ever seen. Vitali couldn't be a unprepared Lewis on his worst night, no way could he handle Iron Mike.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #23
JC2006
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 19911

I don't see Vitali getting KO'ed, I see a Tyson UD though.
JC2006 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #24
eddie007
Journeyman

I tought we were talking prime vs prime.....Tyson easy.
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #25
standing 8
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tyson UD
standing 8 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #26
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict

vCash: 1399

remember that tyson lost to douglas, so it's as well possible that vitali has a chance. vitali would fight from the outside which would have given tyson problems, and he couldn't knock out mitch green either. anything is possible, tyson by ko, or vitali by ud.
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #27
smk

Quote:
=> That´s not true. You can´t compare Tyson to Lewis. Lewis was Klitschko´s only opponent who had great skills and SIZE (!!!).

Therefore Vitali couldn´t stick to his usual gameplan (using his size-advantage in a clever way) and was troubled a few times.

Tyson is like a midget to Vitali. Have you ever seen Tyson and Vitali together? The size difference is ridiculous. If you want to see who this fight would unfold look at Tyson- D. Williams and Vitali- D. Williams.

Altough far past his prime, Tyson-Williams was a brawl and Vitali-Williams was an execution with no inside or mid-range boxing at all.
At this stage of his career VK-Tyson would have looked the same.

Beating a prime Tyson would have been much much harder for VK but I feel the Tyson had to respect VK´s power (KO percentage king
!) whenever he got close. Similar to Williams in his fight againt VK.
smk is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #28
Mrvooh

vCash:

I would give the edge to Tyson, but if Vitali, with his own skills, had just the smarts of Ali...he'd have agood chance
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #29
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrvooh
I would give the edge to Tyson, but if Vitali, with his own skills, had just the smarts of Ali...he'd have agood chance
In the Lewis fight he was very easy to hit, if thats thats Vitali in his prime Tyson would land every punch he threw. Tyson was better in nearly every aspect of boxing when Tyson was in his prime, I personally see Vitali eating some big punches early and somewhere in the middle rounds he will get hit with a heavy combo that forces the ref to stop the fight 7th round TKO Tyson.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #30
smk

Due to his size Lewis had no problem to close the distance. Tyson is so much smaller...
smk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum