Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
Des
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default 2008

The discussion about the Fighter of the year and the fight of the year has started. But maybe a much more important discussion is who will make his rise to the top in 2008 or who will be the great champion in 2008. any predictions??
Des is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
M.I.G.
and STILL...
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1084
Default Re: 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwintait
aside from fighter of the year and all that jazz.....2008 is the year we will see if boxing will survive and regain dominance over ufc, or if it will fail.

Boxing put out everything it had to offer in 07, I hope to god it can do the same in 08.....if not, and I hate to say it (and i know a bunch of you will hate to say it to...and yes i know i will see the "boxing has such a history it wont die" mantality.....I have that too, I find ufc boring/unskilled as hell), but it it will be the beginning of a long hard goodbye
Boxing's already regaining dominance. Th UFC has had a lot of their potential megafights fall through because it is so easy for anyone to lose in that sport. I was even begining to lean atleast halfway towards the MMA world, but boxing has a certain charm that the UFC doesn't. Boxing matches almost always answer the question of 'which fighter is better' while MMA gives fighters with lesser talents way more opportunities to get lucky(that might also be why people like it).
M.I.G. is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I just hope 2008 is half as good as 2007 . Theres some fantastic fights to come if the promoters do there job winner of rh & fm vs winner cotto mosley talor pavlick 2 hell pavlick full stop winner of jc vs kessler vs b hop . Hopfully we will see the new gard of fighters do there share like de leon / dawson / guzman / god dam it the welter weights alone could keep us busy . I am a big fan of the ufc watched it from the start but they can not compete with what boxing has to offer if the promoters do there job
gutto is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Sasha Povetkin
Asterion is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum