boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-20-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Frostbite

vCash: 1000
Default Looking to get into boxing

Hey, my name is James. Im 18 years old and Ive always wanted to get into boxing but never did. My parents were always against it and I just never had the oppurtunity. Im not the biggest guy in the world , Im about 5,7 and weigh about 150 pds. By reading Sam Sherdian's book " A Fighter's Heart", it created a real effort to want to get into boxing and I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction and help me out.
Frostbite is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 AM   #2
Krippy
Thread Killer

Default Re: Looking to get into boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite
Hey, my name is James. Im 18 years old and Ive always wanted to get into boxing but never did. My parents were always against it and I just never had the oppurtunity. Im not the biggest guy in the world , Im about 5,7 and weigh about 150 pds. By reading Sam Sherdian's book " A Fighter's Heart", it created a real effort to want to get into boxing and I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction and help me out.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Krippy is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
Dennis
Gym Rat
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Just do it. I always wanted to get into boxing as well, one day I just packed my training gear and went for it. Best decision I ever made. My mom was against it too, but now she knows I'm really serious about it and how much I like it, when I'm having a day off she asks me why I didn't go. Let the world and yourself see how much you really want it. Go for it.
Dennis is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Frostbite

Yea, I think Im just going to go to one of those gyms that are nearby me and just give it a shot. I really apperciate the advice and I hope I can continue contribute to the forums in someway
Frostbite is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Dennis
Gym Rat
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yea, I think Im just going to go to one of those gyms that are nearby me and just give it a shot. I really apperciate the advice and I hope I can continue contribute to the forums in someway
Good luck. Keep us up to date.
Dennis is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
RockOn33
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Dennis had it perfect... just go for it. and stick with it. Theres a chance u wont get to throw a punch for a little while in the gym and u might get real ****ed off... its all worth it. for me, i felt like training was a waste of time until my first sparring session, it made everythign seem worth while
RockOn33 is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #7
austyn
Yeah I know

Quote:
Go for it mate, "DO WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES" =)
austyn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing