Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default dimitrenko vs. hoffman

a popular boxing news site starting with "fight" is reporting that Alexander Dimitrenko will face Timo Hoffman. I think this is a good test for Dimitrenko. Hoffman has a great chin and decent skills. Dimitrenko seems to be working on throwing more power shots. Right now he needs to work on his infighting(its a big weakness in the Batchelder fight). He does not have the quick feet or powerful jab Wlad has so to be successful he needs to improve fighting up close. Hoffman should give him some good rounds, and Hoffman is big so Dimitrenko will have to rely on more than jab's and rights. I pick Hoffman by decent margin UD. OH NO....I mistakenly picked HOFFMAN! I meant DIMITRENKO by decent UD.

Last edited by joeboxer; 10-05-2007 at 01:20 AM.
joeboxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: dimitrenko vs. hoffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboxer
a popular boxing news site starting with "fight" is reporting that Alexander Dimitrenko will face Timo Hoffman. I think this is a good test for Dimitrenko. Hoffman has a great chin and decent skills. Dimitrenko seems to be working on throwing more power shots. Right now he needs to work on his infighting(its a big weakness in the Batchelder fight). He does not have the quick feet or powerful jab Wlad has so to be successful he needs to improve fighting up close. Hoffman should give him some good rounds, and Hoffman is big so Dimitrenko will have to rely on more than jab's and rights. I pick Hoffman by decent margin UD.
Dimitrenko UD Hoffmann (something like 117:111)

Dimitrenko is MUCH faster, has the MUCH higer workrate, has a fast, precise and powerful jab. He improved a lot in his last fights. In his last fight he used his right hand more often. Dimitrenko seems to have problems when he's pressured but Hoffmann is not the one who can exploit that weakness.
Hoffmann is the better one at the inside, has a nice uppercut, but his skills are by no means "decent".
And he stops boxing after the second round.
This fight won't be competitive.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hoffman seems to have reached the end of the road. even sauerland seems to have given up on him so he lets him fight dimitrenko.

dimitrenko is nothing special either, but it should be enough for him to win.

the only question remains what happens when hoffman (who can punch a bit if right) tags dimitrenko, who has a questionable chin.

looks like a dreadfull boring fight to me.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

If all goes according to plan it's a decision for Dimitrenko but Hoffmann(btw what so difficult in getting his name right? it's just one more n ffs) is a live underdog, on a good day he can put up a decent fight and a win isn't totally out of question because Dimitrenko hasn't really impressed either.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
If all goes according to plan it's a decision for Dimitrenko but Hoffmann(btw what so difficult in getting his name right? it's just one more n ffs) is a live underdog, on a good day he can put up a decent fight and a win isn't totally out of question because Dimitrenko hasn't really impressed either.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dimitrenko seems to be a bit of a late bloomer and seems better now than he did a few years ago. I think he will do better against Hoffmann than Timur Ibragimov. Give me Dimitrenko by UD.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
Dimitrenko seems to be a bit of a late bloomer and seems better now than he did a few years ago. I think he will do better against Hoffmann than Timur Ibragimov. Give me Dimitrenko by UD.
Agreed. Dimitrenko is better than many give him credit for. I too think he's a late bloomer. Many in boxing beleive the very big heavyweights mature late.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dimitrenko have great jab and i see this fight winning by UD.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Agreed. Dimitrenko is better than many give him credit for. I too think he's a late bloomer. Many in boxing beleive the very big heavyweights mature late.
Yeah. I belive that Dimitrenko will win just about every round and after about 3 years he will be the best heavyweight in the world.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 AM   #10
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

He's only 26 or 27. People think he is a late bloomer beacasue he has had so many fights, but by the standards or today's heavies, he's a youth.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 AM   #11
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Dimitrenko is actually 25, which is extremely young amongst todays top heavyweights. I think this is a good macthup and will hopefully be a challenge for him. Most people are picking Dimitrenko by decision. What would happen if he manged to ko or tko Hoffman ?? Do people then feel he would be a legitimate contender ???
UKITAZ is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 07:59 AM   #12
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The slow and predictable huge German is tailor made for Dimitrenko.
Furthermore Timo isnt known for his big punch.What's more Timo still has a decent reputation and is quite known in Germany.Good fight for Dimitrenko to showcase his skills against a well known German fighter on German soil.
No way that young Dimitrenko will stop his huge opponent,but I guess that Sasha will be able to dominate most of their rounds displaying his skills in quite an impressive ways throughout most of the rounds.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #13
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKITAZ
Dimitrenko is actually 25, which is extremely young amongst todays top heavyweights. I think this is a good macthup and will hopefully be a challenge for him. Most people are picking Dimitrenko by decision. What would happen if he manged to ko or tko Hoffman ?? Do people then feel he would be a legitimate contender ???
He doesn't possess the right hand or left hook to KO Hoffmann. Although Hoffmann was down against Mirovic (!!!) I still think he has an iron chin.
I consider Dimitrenko to be a legitimate contender even now.
He might have problems with heavy hitters, but there aren't many HWs I'd favour against him.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #14
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

This fight reminds me of Wladimir Klitschko vs. Axel Schulz back in 1999 except for the punching power of Wlad...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #15
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
This fight reminds me of Wladimir Klitschko vs. Axel Schulz back in 1999 except for the punching power of Wlad...
plus Schulz was much smaller...Hoffman is eye to eye with Dimitrenko, but Hoffman lacks the skill to beat Dimitrenko. I still think a pressure fighter is gonna give him fits unless he works on that. He does not have the power or the quickness of Wlad so sooner or later he'll have to.
joeboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum