Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #31
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official 2010 Aussie NRL Thread

Saturday, February 20
Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels (CUA Stadium, Penrith - Battle of the West Cup)

St George-Illawarra Dragons v Canterbury Bulldogs (WIN Stadium, Wollongong - Mercury Challenge)

Canberra Raiders v Brisbane Broncos (Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane)

North Queensland Cowboys v Warriors (Barlow Park, Cairns)

Sydney Roosters v Wests Tigers (Sydney Football Stadium - Foundation Cup)

South Sydney Rabbitohs v Gold Coast Titans (BCU International Stadium, Coffs Harbour)
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #32
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
****ing deal, I will never forget sitting at your place knowing full well what was ahead when Manly played you guys at your home

I cant believe I stayed that long watching the scoreboard tick over.
How did you know the score?

We were watching boxing beforehand

Anyway...lets get it on
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #33
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
How did you know the score?

We were watching boxing beforehand

Anyway...lets get it on
Meaning I knew Manly were going to get flogged that day. Bring it on
teke is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #34
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

NRL players show brute strength and power in preseason gym sessions

By Tyson Otto
February 15, 2010 During the summer months, the stars of the NRL are pumping plenty of iron. Between them there is enough grunt to lift a three-tonne army jeep. But who is the strongest?
Building power is the most important part of pre-season training and strength and conditioning coaches have traditionally guarded their secrets better than the CIA.
Because of the different training programs, it is impossible to name the definitive NRL strong man, but we can reveal the strongest player pound-for-pound at all 16 clubs.
Manly halfback Kieran Foran was the biggest surprise, with the 88kg Kiwi teenager able to bench-press a whopping 170kg - almost twice his body weight.
Foran has bulked up 2kg this pre-season and has a clear claim to the title of rugby league's strongest pound-for-pound player.
But it is the biggest men, such as Foran's teammate George Rose, who throw around mind-boggling weights.
Rose bench-presses the NRL record of 180kg, but he has strong competition from Canterbury-Bankstown second-rower Micky Paea, Sydney Roosters youngster Martin Kennedy and Warriors forward Jacob Lillyman.
But strength and conditioning coaches agree there's no point looking like Tarzan if you play like Jane.
Bulldogs high-performance manager Harry Harris said gym performance was not as vital on the field as courage, determination and skill.
Manly powerhouse Anthony Watmough may not be as strong as Rose, but the Kangaroos representative uses his power on the field better than anyone.
Watmough made 138 tackle busts and 15 line-breaks in 2009 - more than any forward.
South Sydney Rabbitohs' star gym junkie Eddy Pettybourne made nine line-breaks in 2009 - the eighth highest for a forward.
Canberra Raiders giant Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Rose also used their strength to devastating effect in 2009, with both averaging nearly nine metres per hit-up.
Gold Coast Titans speedster Esi Tonga made most of his line-breaks with speed and agility, but he still managed to produced the biggest lift recorded by strength and conditioning coaches this pre-season - a 230kg modified squat.
Incredibly, the 100kg Tongan international is able to squat heavier loads than Cronulla Sharks powerhouse Luke Douglas and Learoyd-Lahrs, who both squat a bar-bending 220kg.
One of the most impressive performances of the off-season has come from Pentrith Panthers' 20-year-old NRL rookie Sam McKendry, who has dropped 12kg since October while maintaining a 220kg deadlift for four repetitions.
Panthers strength and conditioning coach Carl Jennings said McKendry's focus on power, not size, was the key to his improvement on the field.
"Size isn't important anymore -- it's all about power, strength and speed," Jennings said.
"We've had a lot of our bigger guys trim down because their size wasn't boosting their performance.
"The game's heading in a direction where the really big forwards won't be able to match it with the really strong and powerful forwards."
Harris said no trainer would give up information on their star power-lifters for fear of putting pressure on them to perform during matches.
"I'm not worried about comparing their performance to other clubs, I'm just worried that people will think Micky's unstoppable and he's underperforming or something," Harris said.
The Bulldogs said it was virtually impossible to select one player as the strongest, with Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis and Brett Kimmorley stronger in some areas.
teke is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #35
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Speaking of the above article.....it had a graphic that had the strongest at each club. Tahu was the strongest at Parramatta with a 'powerlift' of 140kgs. Can anyone tell me what the **** a powerlift is? It comes from a Josh Massoud article from a few weeks ago. This Massoud fella is fast showing the potential to be the next Danny Weidler.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #36
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:

I remember ringing you after the Souths game in Sydney last year, it was when you got back into drinking again.
I remember that. Was at a party at a club in Taree and the cheap skate venue didn't even have foxtel.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #37
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Pecks, Shit cunt will make his long awaited return this week in the Charity shield. Not a bloody good idea making this game your return. He'll probably limp off and not be seen ever again.
teke is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #38
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Pecks, Shit cunt will make his long awaited return this week in the Charity shield. Not a bloody good idea making this game your return. He'll probably limp off and not be seen ever again.
Have heard he'll only play one half. Nows as good a time to play as any though as it's the last trial and better for him to rid some rust here than against the Roosters in round 1.

Not sure how we'll go tomorrow. History suggests that it's a good omen to lose this game, as the loser of this game in the last 5 years has gone on to have a better year than the winner. As long as we remain injury free, I'll be happy.

Anyway, it's about time you organized the tipping comp.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #39
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Have heard he'll only play one half. Nows as good a time to play as any though as it's the last trial and better for him to rid some rust here than against the Roosters in round 1.

Not sure how we'll go tomorrow. History suggests that it's a good omen to lose this game, as the loser of this game in the last 5 years has gone on to have a better year than the winner. As long as we remain injury free, I'll be happy.

Anyway, it's about time you organized the tipping comp.
Ok I'kk get the tipping comp organised over the weekend. I came 2nd last year which is disgusting for me
teke is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #40
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
teke...sharks to win it all baby!!!!

who is with me
Im on board.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #41
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

GREAT NEWS

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Sharks may survive to 2017 yet.would love to see them reach 50 years winning **** all.

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #42
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Dragons will crush the over-hyped Souths this weekend.

Poor old Pecks.....hang in there mate.....its wont be all that bad....wait on .......yes it will

Not too late for that Avatar bet mate

I think I'm free about May
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2010, 04:59 AM   #43
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Great Game Dragons V Souths

Very entertaining.....anybodies game at half time

Great standard...only 3 or 4 drop balls 16-12 half time

South new line up looks good....Sandow going great for South and Boyd going great for the dragons

Dragons will still win
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #44
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

full time 26 all

Soward has kick from the side to win the game
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2010, 05:52 AM   #45