Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350
Default Re: My last bout - feedback wanted

Good job!!

Thx for sharing and good luck with your others fights!
Badlok is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #17
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

oh and remember......

.....get up coz micky loves ya!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #18
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 97

Snap that jab out and double it followed by a right hand down the pipe to the chest or head it doesn't matter. That lefty came inside almost when he wanted to, but I liked a right hand you landed early and a bodyshot you landed at about 1:29 I think the other guy froze for a second you could of followed up.You should check out some vids on Kostya Tszyu or Oscar in the amateurs. They might help.
elchivito is online now  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #19
Devintea
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
you did good kid,

what weight do you fight in?

Here are some things you can work on:

1. Punch with more authority, work on your power.
2. Use your Jab more.
3. You need more head movement, I didn't see you slipping punches at all.
4. Combinations. Go to the body more and the head will die.

Other than that you did pretty good, how many fights you got?
I completely agree. Also, if you want to "bully" him, when in close walk him back, purposely. Anticipate him attempting to push you back but show you are more powerful. Energy you know you are using is not wasted. The jab to the body and left hook are REALLY dangerous to South Paws. You come at an awkward angle then move to their left. Almost impossible for them to hit you.
Devintea is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Snap that jab out and double it followed by a right hand down the pipe to the chest or head it doesn't matter. That lefty came inside almost when he wanted to, but I liked a right hand you landed early and a bodyshot you landed at about 1:29 I think the other guy froze for a second you could of followed up.You should check out some vids on Kostya Tszyu or Oscar in the amateurs. They might help.
Agreed. A little to the body, especially jabs or left hooks, would have served you well.
Sweet Jones is online now  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #21
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Forgot to add: props for posting this video. The ability to accept criticism (and weed out those who don't know what they're talking about) is one of the first signs of future success.
Sweet Jones is online now  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #22
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devintea View Post
I completely agree. Also, if you want to "bully" him, when in close walk him back, purposely. Anticipate him attempting to push you back but show you are more powerful. Energy you know you are using is not wasted. The jab to the body and left hook are REALLY dangerous to South Paws. You come at an awkward angle then move to their left. Almost impossible for them to hit you.
. Left hooks/left uppercuts are great on southpaws.
elchivito is online now  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #23
5oh1box
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1592

your best punch is the straight right.
5oh1box is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #24
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Thanks everyone been really helpful, just go back to the gym and sort everything out
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #25
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

First of all congrats for stepping inside the ring, it takes a lot of courage. I seen some positive, but also things you should improve on. It seem when you work on the body the rare times in the bout, you actually made your opponent stop his offense in moments in the bout. Every fighter hates getting hit in the body, try to max this type of attack esp. now. You have a good one two, try to do that more often instead of just throwing your right, which became predictable and time for your opponent, esp when your were throwing it with your head down. Also try not to fight your opponents fight, you were doing good, but then started fighting his fight. When he was in the attack, try to compose yourself more instead of exchanging. Use that left more often, you got some good shots with it. And don't be afraid to clinch many young fighters hate to do that. But it gives you time to breath and stop your opponents offense. Very importantly it could save you in the future if you ever get caught with a good one. Good luck.
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #26
Devintea
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
. Left hooks/left uppercuts are great on southpaws.
You are correct. I left out the left uppercut. De La Hoya used that on Camacho. The left jab to the body really can set things up. It won't leave as open as a left uppercut or hook but can set those shots up without being too awkward. Also, your stamina needs to be worked on and/or your pacing. Just so you don't tire out as fast.
Devintea is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #27
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
First of all congrats for stepping inside the ring, it takes a lot of courage. I seen some positive, but also things you should improve on. It seem when you work on the body the rare times in the bout, you actually made your opponent stop his offense in moments in the bout. Every fighter hates getting hit in the body, try to max this type of attack esp. now. You have a good one two, try to do that more often instead of just throwing your right, which became predictable and time for your opponent, esp when your were throwing it with your head down. Also try not to fight your opponents fight, you were doing good, but then started fighting his fight. When he was in the attack, try to compose yourself more instead of exchanging. Use that left more often, you got some good shots with it. And don't be afraid to clinch many young fighters hate to do that. But it gives you time to breath and stop your opponents offense. Very importantly it could save you in the future if you ever get caught with a good one. Good luck.
It was an off night for body shots, i have a reputation as a good body puncher and my last fight I won by using my body shots effectivly, just didnt get them going last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devintea View Post
You are correct. I left out the left uppercut. De La Hoya used that on Camacho. The left jab to the body really can set things up. It won't leave as open as a left uppercut or hook but can set those shots up without being too awkward. Also, your stamina needs to be worked on and/or your pacing. Just so you don't tire out as fast.
Honestly, my stamina was fine. One thing people remark on is I have good fitness and my trainer says im one of the fittest fighters hes seen. I think last night was just more ragged than actual being tired.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #28
Kel1981
P4P No.1
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

You keep trying to get your punches off first and are too willing to exchange, a little feint here and there will provide the openings you are looking for. I think other posters have covered everything else.

Good luck in the future bud!
Kel1981 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Im in the blue

any contrustictive feedback is welcome and wanted.

I watched the first round. You could jab a little more and use the ring a little more. You're a little too stationary and need to move your head more. I saw some nice crosses land though
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #30
Devintea
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
It was an off night for body shots, i have a reputation as a good body puncher and my last fight I won by using my body shots effectivly, just didnt get them going last night.

Honestly, my stamina was fine. One thing people remark on is I have good fitness and my trainer says im one of the fittest fighters hes seen. I think last night was just more ragged than actual being tired.

That is why I placed a "/" there. It could be more so your pacing. Sometimes you can have GREAT stamina however your pacing will cause you to exert more than needed thus causing you to become sloppy. When I fight, my mission is to be patient and fight when needed.

I think your performance was awesome. Hope to see more of it. Where are you located, UK?
Devintea is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing