Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #16
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Eggs, meat, dairy, breads. Go all out.

There are affective bulking protien mixes out there that can be blended for you at a premium supplement store but i would only do that if you were truly having trouble eating.

Something probably not worth cheat on.

RDJ good source of info.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kings Cross
Posts: 1,251
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Weight gain shakes really do work despite what RDJ says.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #18
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFFC View Post
Weight gain shakes really do work despite what RDJ says.
They usually contain things like whey (oldschool, found in milk), fats (from oldschool milk, usually) and milk (oldschool milk). It does not provide a single nutrient because it has been processed to death, so it's pretty much worthless. There would be about a hundred natural calorie dense foods I'd take over it any day. Like oldschool milk for example. But yes eating calories works. If your health doesn't matter I suggest eating a pound of margarine (another factory made supplement void of nutrients) daily on top of the weight gainer shakes.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 276
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I always laugh when I hear that excuse. That's all it is, an excuse. Ask any of these people with these suposed super duper metabolisms what they eat and I'll guarantee you it'll be about the same as a 12 year old girl eats in a day.

The same rule applies to everyone, fast metabolism or not. To gain weight you eat more. 3 large meals, 6 smaller meals, KFC, Burger King, Maccy D's, Pizza Hut, it's calories in vs calories out.
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
You don't gain pounds by eating supplements, you gain pounds by eating food. The amount of food you eat should exceed your expenditure. There is no such thing as modern food, patented food does not exist. Factory made food is not actually food.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
spot on
Bobby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #21
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Well said. Metabolism speed is for the most part a myth. It can be influenced to a degree, but people who say "I can eat as much as I want but I don't gain weight" are full of shit.
yeah, they usually say that because occassionally they'll gorge themselves on crap and then they dont see a difference in the mirror. When you gorge for 1 meal you usually shit most of it out anyways because your bodies like "holy shit I dont need all that! toss it out the back door"
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #22
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Eggs, meat, dairy, breads. Go all out.

There are affective bulking protien mixes out there that can be blended for you at a premium supplement store but i would only do that if you were truly having trouble eating.

Something probably not worth cheat on.

RDJ good source of info.
I couldn't recommend to anyone to eat lots of meat and dairy no matter what their goal was. Unless of course their goal is to be unhealthy and die early.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Why would anyone want to gain weight anyway? To decrease your power to weight ratio? To be above your natural, healthy weight? To be someone else? Aim to get stronger and healthier, so many people are obsessed with meaningless numbers.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #24
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

.. dp

Last edited by thejokerswild; 02-17-2010 at 05:32 PM.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #25
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I couldn't recommend to anyone to eat lots of meat and dairy no matter what their goal was. Unless of course their goal is to be unhealthy and die early.
How much are you thinking? I'm not suggesting he buy a cow....
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #26
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
They usually contain things like whey (oldschool, found in milk), fats (from oldschool milk, usually) and milk (oldschool milk). It does not provide a single nutrient because it has been processed to death, so it's pretty much worthless. There would be about a hundred natural calorie dense foods I'd take over it any day. Like oldschool milk for example. But yes eating calories works. If your health doesn't matter I suggest eating a pound of margarine (another factory made supplement void of nutrients) daily on top of the weight gainer shakes.
I respect you're old school but you must realize body builders are the masters of nutrition. Very skilled in cutting and gaining weight, even maybe more than boxers.

All you need to do is goto the local supplement store and they can make you a mixture to suit your objective. Such as gaining Lean Muscle Mass.

One of my local premium stores is run by an Iron Man and some Miss fitness Australia Bitch.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:43 AM   #27
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Bodybuilders are masters of factory made supplements, their goals do not include performance, just looks. As far as I'm concerned, that has nothing to do with nutrition. But to each his own.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:58 AM   #28
Bodi
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: uk
Posts: 905
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
I respect you're old school but you must realize body builders are the masters of nutrition. Very skilled in cutting and gaining weight, even maybe more than boxers.
Bodybuilders are the master of their diet for a specific event - ask someone to follow a bodybuilding diet for their fight prep and the chances are that they will die in the ring from dehydration. For boxing, it is imperative to follow a boxing specific diet.

Quote:
Why would anyone want to gain weight anyway? To decrease your power to weight ratio? To be above your natural, healthy weight? To be someone else? Aim to get stronger and healthier, so many people are obsessed with meaningless numbers.
This sums it up perfectly. Look for performance and health.
Bodi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 AM   #29
simms
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
vCash: 395
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

I understand all the eating you have to do to put on weight because thats pretty obvious. But to speed up the process many people recommend good quality shakes. Products like this have been recommended: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just wondered what was peoples take on these products.
simms is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #30
Bodi
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: uk
Posts: 905
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gaining Pounds The Modern Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms View Post
I understand all the eating you have to do to put on weight because thats pretty obvious. But to speed up the process many people recommend good quality shakes. Products like this have been recommended: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just wondered what was peoples take on these products.
Overpriced, utter shite!

Get in the kitchen, raid the fruit bowl and make a smoothie.

This is half the problem with the world and the obese kids that we see waddling out of the bakery with bag full of pork pies at every opportunity. People search for solutions in a bottle - they don't exist! Performance is built in the kitchen, the gym and in bed - if you want more performance, spend more time in the kitchen, more time in the gym and more time in bed. People can't be arsed learning how to cook, or learn about nutrition and how it relates to performance.
Bodi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013