Old 02-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #46
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green vs Manny Siaca is done! - 14th April

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo1987 View Post
I'm not so fussed on this fight. I know Green tried to make some bigger fights, but he definately has ulterior motives for this one and tbh it's kinda lame..
Agreed!

Along with the 5 days ago call out from Danny to Mundine for an Anzac Day fight, yet this fight is what, only a fortnight earlier and put together in 5 days the public would be led to believe because Mundine wouldn't take the challenge? Please!!!

It's bloody become tiresome. It doesn't need anymore milking does it? If they announced tomorrow, it would do phenomonal numbers and both would walk away happy with final $ result...

For what it's worth, Danny harpoon's Siaca in my opinion - boooring...
Contendo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #47
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Shit

Dont know why I thought that

Anyway he wont go down easy.....hes been stopped twice before by Kess and Mitchell...I think
You've been trying to convince me that Siaca's a southpaw for a fortnight.. OK, you said it once and I did question it.. How unorthodox of you!!
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #48
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Danny come out of retirement for two years according to his wife so this year must be his last. Siaca, Brigg$ then Poof Dean?
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM   #49
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

And?
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #50
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Next Danny Green will fight Antwun Echols and say he'll do what Choc didn't do and KO him.

He'd probably even try bring Ottke out of retirement....

Why don't ya just fight a Cruiserweight if you are the 'so called' Cruiserweight champion, instead of someone who just fought at middleweight.
dominator is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 AM   #51
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Next Danny Green will fight Antwun Echols and say he'll do what Choc didn't do and KO him.

He'd probably even try bring Ottke out of retirement....

Why don't ya just fight a Cruiserweight if you are the 'so called' Cruiserweight champion, instead of someone who just fought at middleweight.

Dominator, other than Bhop and Tarver, who else would you suggest Green face at this point in time?? Neither want a match. Green's obviously banking on kicking Mundine's arse back to the Never Never and Beyond. So, who should he be fighting to keep the pot sturring to the bottom?

Offering Kessler some huge bucks?? Fkn oath.. I like the sound of that and will be unlikely to see the fight happen. What does Green have to do to please you? Serious question mate.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #52
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Dominator, other than Bhop and Tarver, who else would you suggest Green face at this point in time?? Neither want a match. Green's obviously banking on kicking Mundine's arse back to the Never Never and Beyond. So, who should he be fighting to keep the pot sturring to the bottom?

Offering Kessler some huge bucks?? Fkn oath.. I like the sound of that and will be unlikely to see the fight happen. What does Green have to do to please you? Serious question mate.
Greens doing just fine...maybe as hes outa luck getting any MW fighting at CW maybe he should try welter

On a serious note Green is the CW champ of the IBO...maybe he should try fighting some CW's....anybody in the top 15 will do
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #53
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Greens doing just fine...maybe as hes outa luck getting any MW fighting at CW maybe he should try welter

On a serious note Green is the CW champ of the IBO...maybe he should try fighting some CW's....anybody in the top 15 will do
Anyone top 15 will do... lmfao... tell that to your boywonder CRACKAFATMAN!!
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #54
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:

BJ Flores would be a perfect option. He's American, undefeated and most importantly a Cruiserweight. Plus he mentioned he would like to fight Green at the card in Missisippi last year and was keen to fight on the undercard to Green - RJJ.

I don't knock Green for fighting Siaca from a financial and strategic standpoint.

However, I just can't stand how he tries to sell this absolute joke of a title and considers this fight as a Cruiserweight title defence. He'll weigh in at 79.5kgs and consider himself a Cruiser.

Plus his public call for the Mundine fight and 10% donation to an Aboriginal youth foundation, 5 days before announcing this fight is just pathetic.

Mundine - Green II will bring mega bucks to both fighters, but this sort of behaviour is cringe worthy to watch even if it creates attention in the press.
dominator is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #55
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Anyone top 15 will do... lmfao... tell that to your boywonder CRACKAFATMAN!!
This is a Green thread....cant you keep Mundine out of it

Answer the question....Green should stop trying to fight MW and go after welters........agree

Or if you can keep on topic without talking about Mundine Green should fight a rated fighter at CW
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #56
gilly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

pffft probly be a shit fight siaca has fort like 2 times in 3 or 4 years but a fights a fight i guess dosent look like anyone else will fight him atm its a shame he couldnt get tha big money shot. green wins middle round stopage.
gilly is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #57
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Feb

Green will face Siaca next

Danny Green will make his highly anticipated return to the ring on Wednesday, April 14th when he takes on tricky Puerto Rican challenger Manny Siaca at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. ‘The Green Machine’ will put his IBO cruiserweight belt on the line against Siaca, a man who is no stranger to Australian sports fans having defeated Anthony Mundine, taking off him the WBA super middleweight title in 2004. Today’s announcement ends months of frustrating negotiations for Green following his sensational first round knockout of eight time world champion Roy Jones Jr in December.
With Bernard Hopkins, Antonio Tarver and a rematch with Anthony Mundine all tossed up as possible opponents, Green must now concentrate on the man who upstaged ‘The Man’ at the same venue five years ago. Green Machine Boxing have promoted the two biggest bouts in Australian boxing history and this fight promises to be another great showdown.
“It has been a frustrating few months but now it’s time to get in the ring and do what I do best – knock blokes out”. Green said at today’s announcement.
“Siaca is a tough and experienced fighter who has fought some of the world’s best so I certainly won’t be taking him lightly.
“He has a giant reach and awkward style, but I’m confident that I have the artillery to retain my world title.” Green said.
For Siaca, today’s announcement gives the 33 year old a chance to return the Sydney Entertainment Centre and upstage another local hero.
“I have very fond memories of Sydney and I’m confident I can do what I did to Mundine and take Green’s title. Siaca said. “Green is a powerful fighter, but I hold no fear towards him at all.”
MAIN EVENT pay-per-view will give fans across the country a front row seat at this event, with live and exclusive coverage of Green v Siaca and the full undercard available to FOXTEL, Austar and Optus subscribers as well as selected FOX SPORTS pubs and clubs.

LOL Green fight announcement....mentions Mundine 4 times
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #58
gold
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

the siaca that fought mundine would beat green. Did you notice how easily that bum domingez was connecting on green with the haymakers?
gold is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #59
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

gold...plz post more so i can see that ass again and again
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #60
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
...I don't knock Green for fighting Siaca from a financial and strategic standpoint.

However, I just can't stand how he tries to sell this absolute joke of a title and considers this fight as a Cruiserweight title defence. He'll weigh in at 79.5kgs and consider himself a Cruiser...
Forget the cruiser title, it's only a nice little prop to throw into the mix with whatever Green does next. The yellow bit above is all that counts in Green's present situation - it's now all about Mundine II - retirement will follow shortly after (or after Mundine III).
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum