Old 02-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #61
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green vs Manny Siaca is done! - 14th April

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
BJ Flores would be a perfect option. He's American, undefeated and most importantly a Cruiserweight. Plus he mentioned he would like to fight Green at the card in Missisippi last year and was keen to fight on the undercard to Green - RJJ.

I don't knock Green for fighting Siaca from a financial and strategic standpoint.

However, I just can't stand how he tries to sell this absolute joke of a title and considers this fight as a Cruiserweight title defence. He'll weigh in at 79.5kgs and consider himself a Cruiser.

Plus his public call for the Mundine fight and 10% donation to an Aboriginal youth foundation, 5 days before announcing this fight is just pathetic.

Mundine - Green II will bring mega bucks to both fighters, but this sort of behaviour is cringe worthy to watch even if it creates attention in the press.

Contendo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #62
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Oh well, at least Green hasn't announced that he's going to play NRL for the Eels and become a 4 division champ in the offseason

At the end of the day, Green could do worse than Siaca as his next opponent.

As I've already said, the public challenge to Mundine to fight on Anzac Day with the charity deal was just part of the dance that will continue for several months to build up interest in the rematch.

Green fighting Siaca next will increase the general public's interest in the rematch, as they will be told time and again via the media and advertising that Siaca beat Mundine, and if Green demolishes Siaca, it will even further increase the public interest in the rematch.

We all know Green is after the big $$$ now, he's said as much, and succeeded in getting a huge, albeit past his best, name in RJJ out here, and had a fairytale win, boosting his profile even more.

I would have loved to see Green fight Hopkins but it wasn't to be. If Siaca and possibly Briggs and Bika are his next opponents before a rematch with Mundine I don't mind, at least they have international profiles and have fought for titles before.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #63
Steel Kelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Manny Siaca has fought just two times in almost 4 years!!! Is this some sort of joke? So Danny Green smokes Roy Jones jr in 1 round and now this is his reward? WTF? Unless Mundine gets back on the happy snacks he's not fighting Green this side of Christmas 2010. Green has some problems if this is the best fight he can make, what a waste of time. Green KO 2
Steel Kelly is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #64
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

your maths is good, try 3 times in 3 1/2 years which still aint nothing flash but I'll guarantee you he lasts longer than Jones!
shiner is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #65
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Green by wide UD.outboxing Siaca easily but congratulating
Siaca after the fight because he dehydrated himself so badly trying to KO him he becomes delirious.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #66
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Kelly View Post
...So Danny Green smokes Roy Jones jr in 1 round and now this is his reward? WTF? Unless Mundine gets back on the happy snacks he's not fighting Green this side of Christmas 2010. Green has some problems if this is the best fight he can make, what a waste of time. Green KO 2
Neither Green nor Mundine is going anywhere fast other than fighting each other eventually.

It's all posturing from here in:

It appears Green tried to land the big one after Roy but failed. For him now it's all about getting the Mundine thing done and grabbing the superannuation payout in the process.

Is Mundine heading anywhere in particular other than getting dizzy jumping divisions? No, and he also won't be able to risk the big carrot of Green v Mundine II.

It'll just involve posturing and b/s between the two camps until the deal get's done now - and the odd filler fight in between.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #67
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Neither Green nor Mundine is going anywhere fast other than fighting each other eventually.

It's all posturing from here in:

It appears Green tried to land the big one after Roy but failed. For him now it's all about getting the Mundine thing done and grabbing the superannuation payout in the process.

Is Mundine heading anywhere in particular other than getting dizzy jumping divisions? No, and he also won't be able to risk the big carrot of Green v Mundine II.

It'll just involve posturing and b/s between the two camps until the deal get's done now - and the odd filler fight in between.
i think Mundine will fight for a MW title due to the WBA's
ridiculous system of elevating champions to super champions if they unify or make enough defences of their
titles which i think Sturm is close to doing.so he will fight someone for the WBA regular belt Randy Griffin was mentioned as a possibility win call himself MR 4 time 2 divisions.then fight Wood at SMW ditching his regular belt at MW and work building himself up for the Green re-match next year.he will get the venue and bigger purse because of his ego and Greeny appears desperate and is chasing.both will make a motza and regardless of who wins brawls will break out all over the country and the poor police will be flat out on normally quiet wednesday night.
Mundine-Green 2 early to mid 2011 i reckon.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #68
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

You could prove to be right SM.

...but I really think Mundine is getting, and even feeling stale. He even said as much after his last bout.

...it's been like a lover's tiff since Green came back:

'I don't need you and I'll show you how much by going off and winning a cruiser title and fight an ATG'

'I don't need you and I'll show you how much by division hopping and show you i don't even need to be anywhere near you in weight etc!'

It's become increasingly obvious that Green was seduced by the Mundine camp to come back and fight Mundine - nothing surer.

What happened after that and why it's taken this long to even be seriously out in the public, we are only finding out in dribs & drabs.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #69
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Green is a joke honestly. That shit about donating to aboriginal charities is absolutely pathetic. In his defence I think he is too unintelligent and egotistical to understand that he comes across as a complete wanker.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #70
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Green is a joke honestly. That shit about donating to aboriginal charities is absolutely pathetic. In his defence I think he is too unintelligent and egotistical to understand that he comes across as a complete wanker.
At various times they are both coming across as wankers.

Sure it was put in there to try to push the fight along, but what's wrong with donating to aboriginals?
Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #71
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
You could prove to be right SM.

...but I really think Mundine is getting, and even feeling stale. He even said as much after his last bout.

...it's been like a lover's tiff since Green came back:

'I don't need you and I'll show you how much by going off and winning a cruiser title and fight an ATG'

'I don't need you and I'll show you how much by division hopping and show you i don't even need to be anywhere near you in weight etc!'

It's become increasingly obvious that Green was seduced by the Mundine camp to come back and fight Mundine - nothing surer.

What happened after that and why it's taken this long to even be seriously out in the public, we are only finding out in dribs & drabs.
who knows with Mundine.he did say after Medley'for these guys fighting the man is a big deal fighting the man but im finding it hard to get mootivated for these fights i need a challenge to bring out my best' blah blah
he still skilled but lacks power at MW.maybe he will be stronger at CW or LHW who knows.but 9 months of media posturing ,us bickering on the forum and they will dance
again.
as for Green-Siaca it would have to have a very good undercard for me to buy this or be on at my local club.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #72
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
who knows with Mundine.he did say after Medley'for these guys fighting the man is a big deal fighting the man but im finding it hard to get mootivated for these fights i need a challenge to bring out my best' blah blah
he still skilled but lacks power at MW.maybe he will be stronger at CW or LHW who knows.but 9 months of media posturing ,us bickering on the forum and they will dance
again.
as for Green-Siaca it would have to have a very good undercard for me to buy this or be on at my local club.
Would be interesting to see if Mundine gained some extra power with weight gain up to say light heavy. Trouble is he'd still need his evasive skills against Green, and the weight might take the edge of that.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #73
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
At various times they are both coming across as wankers.

Sure it was put in there to try to push the fight along, but what's wrong with donating to aboriginals?
Nothing but the entire purpose was to shame mundine that was it. It had nothing to do wtih any sense of altruism.

Also it wasnt even original.

Fenech was saying that oganov would donate 50k to aboriginal kids and fenech himself would donate 100k a year or two back....
kruger is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #74
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
replace or add mundine into your sentence and its correct as well.

lets face it, its all about marketing.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #75
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
Nothing but the entire purpose was to shame mundine that was it. It had nothing to do wtih any sense of altruism.

Also it wasnt even original.

Fenech was saying that oganov would donate 50k to aboriginal kids and fenech himself would donate 100k a year or two back....
It was all about getting Mundine in the ring - 100%.

As for original - who cares - it's still generous whether he was the first to think of it or not.

...do you donate 10% of your salary to aboriginals?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum