Old 02-22-2010, 05:56 AM   #16
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: I am new at this.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Don't you have a pair of regular gym shoes? IMO you should not get anything yet before you've tried it. Seriously we see people come and go every week, some wear expensive gloves and shiny new boxing boots, and they turn up twice never to be seen again. Just try it first, you may not even like it.
I agree that he shouldn't spend a ton of money before he's tried it, but he seems pretty enthusiastic and we need more youths taking up the sport. You know that most things worth pursuing are very unpleasant in the beginning but once you get in the groove it's...therapeutic.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #17
dfh85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

hey don't worry about the haters man if u got the money and u want to buy them new boots and nice gloves just get them. its ur money and ur life at the end of the day these guys are just hating cause they can't afford this shit. dont worry about what others think of u, as long as ur happy thats the most important thing.
dfh85 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #18
dfh85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

ps TITLE Boxing has a 50% sale on all everlast goods
dfh85 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #19
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfh85 View Post
ps TITLE Boxing has a 50% sale on all everlast goods
I was all over that like white on rice in a paper plate in a glass of milk in a snowstorm. Got $200 of gear for $100

Wish they'd do it with other brands though, because I'm not a huge fan of everlast.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #20
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
hey don't worry about the haters man if u got the money and u want to buy them new boots and nice gloves just get them. its ur money and ur life at the end of the day these guys are just hating cause they can't afford this shit. dont worry about what others think of u, as long as ur happy thats the most important thing.
Good post.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #21
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
I was all over that like white on rice in a paper plate in a glass of milk in a snowstorm. Got $200 of gear for $100

Wish they'd do it with other brands though, because I'm not a huge fan of everlast.
lol
Old 02-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #22
stevexx28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 966

wtf how do you guys see the 50 percent off????? I need headgear but its still 70 dollars WTF!!?!? wheres the discount?
stevexx28 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I dont think anyones hating here. Just telling him to try it first. He may have other things he can spend his money on if he doesnt really like it, Im sure he will but just in case theres no sense spending the cash if hes not going to stick with it.
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #24
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

He said he's short on money in post one.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #25
dfh85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

im short of money too but u wont catch me in the gym with busted up trainers and ripped clothes u gotta have some pride in ur appearance.. (IMO).
dfh85 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #26
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
im short of money too but u wont catch me in the gym with busted up trainers and ripped clothes u gotta have some pride in ur appearance.. (IMO).
Why? You're in the gym looking to improve your boxing ability. Maybe you should concentrate on progressing rather than worrying what you look like.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #27
Ippo

Well for the guys who want 2 know i started boxing last Monday and i love it even tho my stomach, hips, shoulders, and thighs are hurting im having alot alot of fun and im going 6 times a week i talked 2 my trainer and he said im doing pretty good and thx alot 4 all the help u guys have given me.(no i do not own boxing shoes yet but im planning 2 get them atleast before my first sparring match.) thanks again.
Ippo is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Two things.

Number one: If you get ignored at the start, even if you get ignored by the trainers the whole time you are there, don't worry about it. Happens to a lot of people, they will merely be concentrating on other fighters. Don't get discouraged if this happens, just turn up session after session until they see you are serious, then they will get involved.

Number two: Don't act like you know it all. Attitude is everything. If you show a keen ability to learn and take constructive criticism & advice on board, things will run a lot smoother.

Good luck and just enjoy yourself.
the highlighted post above is a great thing to remember, this happens to nearly everyone (and it shouldnt) i even do it myself, keep going and practising yourself, you will have to prove to these trainers that you have a bit of talent and most iomportantly you WANT it
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Sounds like you have the right attitude just go along like the others have said, keep your mouth shut and ears open ( that doesnt mean dont ask questions if your unsure!) and the most vital thing...enjoy!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing