Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Taras Bidenko vs George Arias

According to the news young Ukranian heavy weight prospect Bidenko(23-2) will face tough Brasilian vet George Arias(41-9) on the undercard of Felix Sturm vs Randy Griffin.
Arias has shared the ring with top fighters like the Cuban Gomez,Sinan Samil Sam,Fres Oquendo,Owen Beck,Jonny Nelson,and Fabrice Tiozzo.
He gave Danish hype Steffen Nielsen a lesson in boxing,and made the water quite hot for Turkey's pride Samil Sam.
Tough fight for Bidenko,but he should be able to win a wide point decision against the Brasilian vet IMO.
I very much hope that after that clash with the Brasilian he will then face a bigger name.
Bidenko for sure isnt the biggest puncher out there,but the talented young Ukranian can be competitive against a lot of better known names IMO.
He still seems to be a bit gun shy due to his devastating loss to his compatriot Virchis who can hit like a mule,but since that defeat he has won all his outings to a boxring.IMO he has gained enough confidence to take on a top fighter once again.
Your opinion?
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #2
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Taras Bidenko vs George Arias

German tv didnt show the entire bout-only about 6 rounds from Bidenko's encounter with Arias.
Despite the very negative comments of the German tv commentator who demanded again and again more forceful actions and ko Bidenko performed more or less well against a tough and experienced foe.
Bidenko is no banger,and Arias is no bum.
Bidenko won all rounds which were shown on tv though without giving the impression to be in complete command of the fight.
Arias proved that he can take some good shots.Bidenko landed quite a handful of beautiful body shots.However,he didnt really impress his Brasilian foe with his countless punches.
On the other hand Bidenko looked better against Arias than Samil Sam did in one of his last outings to a ring.
But the tv commentator was right in saying that Bidenko still seemed to be afraid to mix it up as he used to do it before he was brutally knocked out by his stable mate Vladimir Virchis.
Asked by german tv why he hadnt shown such a courageous and lively fight in the earlier rounds of his encounter with Arias as he did in the last two rounds against the Brasilian Bideneko replied that he had tought that he would be able to knock Arias out,but he had to change his tactic when he realized that Arias was a tough cookie who would last the distance.

All undercard results of yesterday's fight event :

Willy Blain W10 DQ Stephane Benito
Taras Bidenko W12 UD George Arias
Lukas Wilaschek W10 MD Peter Mashamaite
Vitali Tajbert W8 UD Peter Petrov
Sebastian Zbik KO1 William Ruiz
Sebastian Kober KO1 Ioan Mihai
Dieter Roth KO 2 Zoltan Peto
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I had watched Arias vs Tiozzo and what I had noticed was that this guy had been outboxed, dominated and rocked by an horribly out of shape LHW.
If Arias hasn't improved I don't think beating him really means much, especially at HW.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bidenko fighting good but he dont have any progres in the last two years.
It will be good to see with Solis next, this gone be good fight to see how much hard is Solis ?
Artani is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #5
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Did Bidenko deserve the decision when he fought Valuev? The only highlight they have of that fight is Bidenko rocking Nicolay with some big shots and the crowd booing the decision. Valuev was almost out on his feet as Bidenko was landing bombs.

Anybody know?
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 AM   #6
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

No, nobody knows because nobody has seen the whole fight. I guess you refer to this short clip on youtube where they play a 4 second sequence over and over again. Sure, Bidenko landed some flush shots, but Valuev didn't look "out on his feet" to me. Bidenko is too featherfisted. BTW crowd alomst always boos Valuev no matter what, even when he wins clearly, because people hate on him for his appearance.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
I had watched Arias vs Tiozzo and what I had noticed was that this guy had been outboxed, dominated and rocked by an horribly out of shape LHW.
If Arias hasn't improved I don't think beating him really means much, especially at HW.
Well,Arias is a no bum,but a decent journeyman.Bidenko beat a journeyman,and didnt look that outstandingly convincing against the Braslian.
You are right,fitr! That victory really doesnt mean that much.On the other hand Calvin Brook was praised for his victory over journeyman Zuri Lawrence.
Arias and Lawrence play in the same league IMO.
Since Virchis knocked Bidenko out the young Ukranian hasnt been the same corageous fighter he used to be.He is gun-shy,and doesnt like to mix it up with his opponent anymore.
He has won 10 or 9 fights in a row since he lost to Virchis,but nobody can really claim that this version of Bidenko is the one we all loved to watch before he faced Virchis in the ring!
Virchis has damaged him for good!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #8
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
No, nobody knows because nobody has seen the whole fight. I guess you refer to this short clip on youtube where they play a 4 second sequence over and over again. Sure, Bidenko landed some flush shots, but Valuev didn't look "out on his feet" to me. Bidenko is too featherfisted. BTW crowd alomst always boos Valuev no matter what, even when he wins clearly, because people hate on him for his appearance.
Might wanna read my post again. I said almost out on his feet. Either way, Bidenko was teeing off on him.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Might wanna read my post again. I said almost out on his feet. Either way, Bidenko was teeing off on him.
OK, I correct my post: "blabla, but Valuev didn't look 'almost out on his feet' to me." He have seen him take lots of flush shots in his fights because he is so slow, but it was never anything other than hitting a punching bag: you can move it a bit but ultimately it has no effect.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
I agree, saying Valuev was almost out on his feet is a gross overstatement.
joeboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #11
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboxer
I agree, saying Valuev was almost out on his feet is a gross overstatement.
Who even cares? I was just stating my opinion. Valuev looked exhausted when his hand was raised in victory. You all saw the same clip as me so everything we say is merely speculation and I thought Valuev looked weakened. Had any of us actually seen the fight we'd have a better idea of what happened.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 03:06 AM   #12
joeboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Who even cares? I was just stating my opinion. Valuev looked exhausted when his hand was raised in victory. You all saw the same clip as me so everything we say is merely speculation and I thought Valuev looked weakened. Had any of us actually seen the fight we'd have a better idea of what happened.
is that a retraction? he clearly wasn't out on his feet by a long shot. he is returning punches in that clip which is only seconds long. I care because its not accurate. you didnt see the fight either..so you don't know what happenned. One thing is for sure...Valuev was never even close to out on his feet, which is what you said. I agree he looked tired at the end...but when you make a blatantly inaccurate statement, it makes little sense to get upset at people for correcting it.
joeboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboxer
is that a retraction? he clearly wasn't out on his feet by a long shot. he is returning punches in that clip which is only seconds long. I care because its not accurate. you didnt see the fight either..so you don't know what happenned. One thing is for sure...Valuev was never even close to out on his feet, which is what you said. I agree he looked tired at the end...but when you make a blatantly inaccurate statement, it makes little sense to get upset at people for correcting it.
You care a little too much. I'm guessing u took time out from scouring the board for innacurate statements to come here and reply to me.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum