Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Shane Cameron v Friday Ahunya

Can't knock Shane on stepping up his quality of opposition! Well done, it should be a great fight to watch.

World rated heavyweight Shane Cameron (19-0, 17 KOs) will meet the best credentialed opponent of his career when he clashes with American-based Nigerian Friday Ahunanya (22-5-3, 12 KOs) over twelve rounds in Auckland, New Zealand on November 2nd. They have met a common opponent in James Walton, whom Cameron scored a majority ten round points decision over in 2005. Ahunanya stopped Walton in two rounds in 2007. The Nigerian is two inches shorter at six-foot than his Kiwi opponent. Cameron scored his best win in 2007 with a knockout win over Bob Mirovic in Sydney. WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov won a nine round technical decision over the Nigerian in 2005. Former world rated Dominik Guinn was held to a ten round draw by Ahunanya in 2005. Cameron is managed by Ken Reinsfield.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Bobby
***.markdemori.com
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Cameron v Friday Ahunya

ahunanya is very durable so it should test shane and give him some solid competition and rounds, i pick cameron but good choice of opponent imo for next step
Bobby is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

I have been looking at Shane and some of his recent wins , He is a good opponent but not a great one, Friday was messed about when we last went overseas for a fight, they rescheduled our 8 rounder v Povetkin to a 6 that was taylor made for the Olympic champ. Friday has only lost oflate to the finest heavyweights.. Lyachovich, Povetkin, Ibragimov, a draw with Guinn and has never been actuall floored by a punch as a pro or amateur so Shane had better be ready for a long night. The common opponent Walton was stopped early this year in 2 by Tha 13th Ahunanya, whilst he stretched the very inexperienced Cameron, I respect his unbeaten record.. But we come to fight.. God bless..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Shane Cameron by KO.
Easy choice this fight IMO.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i think it will be a hard competitive fight, doesnt ahunya have a massive punch on him?? this will test camerons chin, but goodluck to him, i reckon cameron by ud....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Ever since watching him fight Big Bob with one hand and ko'ing him, I'm a Cameron fan! Sounds like a reasonable step up in opposition, hope he is successful.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Shane Cameron by KO.
Easy choice this fight IMO.
Friday has faced 2 world champions , and three olympic medalists, Has floored Mike Tyson and Ruslin Chagaev in the Gym and sparrs regularly with Samuel Peter in his las vegas gym. He has never been floored by a punch in his life and has only been stopped on the advice of a ringside doctor due to a thumbing incidedt where he was winning every round. The current WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov had to climb off the floor twice to get a tech decision on cuts caused by a headbut.. The common opponent is James walton whom Shane had to settle for a points win over ten rounds, where Friday got a second round Ko over him only this year ....

I highly doubt Shane has the power to Knock Ahunanya out.. Bob Mirovic is about the best Cameron can muster up a KO over.. Bob must be 46 soon..

Friday is very up for this and i hope Shane is well prepared to go into deep waters because he will be faced with a man for once who he DEFINITELY cant knock over or stop... and definitely has the KO power to stop him at any second of the fight..

A good solid match..

God bless..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
Friday has faced 2 world champions , and three olympic medalists, Has floored Mike Tyson and Ruslin Chagaev in the Gym and sparrs regularly with Samuel Peter in his las vegas gym. He has never been floored by a punch in his life and has only been stopped on the advice of a ringside doctor due to a thumbing incidedt where he was winning every round. The current WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov had to climb off the floor twice to get a tech decision on cuts caused by a headbut.. The common opponent is James walton whom Shane had to settle for a points win over ten rounds, where Friday got a second round Ko over him only this year ....

I highly doubt Shane has the power to Knock Ahunanya out.. Bob Mirovic is about the best Cameron can muster up a KO over.. Bob must be 46 soon..

Friday is very up for this and i hope Shane is well prepared to go into deep waters because he will be faced with a man for once who he DEFINITELY cant knock over or stop... and definitely has the KO power to stop him at any second of the fight..

A good solid match..

God bless..
Hi friday how are you???
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

i am great man , how you bro.. peace...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #10
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I went back watched a bit of Friday and got reacquainted with him before I commented on this fight.

Massive step up for Shane, much more so than Davis.

This is gonna be hard fight for Shane because I think the same problems that Shane had with Walton can reemerge here but against a much better and more credentialed opponant.
Either his managment are taking steps to address those problems and have faith Cameron can overcome them or they arent to sure what Friday will be bringing.
Shane may have to be content with just nicking rounds off a guy like Friday, because his style can be hard for less experienced guys. At home he can be more comfortable knowing that he doesnt have to get desperate, taking risks to dominate rounds, rather he can just set about outworking Friday and doing what he has to.

If Friday comes in good shape and in the right frame of mind it could be a very tough night for Shane.
Either way Shane will be coming in 100% fit and ready.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 AM   #11
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
Ever since watching him fight Big Bob with one hand and ko'ing him, I'm a Cameron fan! Sounds like a reasonable step up in opposition, hope he is successful.
Yeah that was a good fight.

Quote:

A good solid match..

God bless..
Co-sign, no way imo that Cameron could ko friday.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 AM   #12
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
i am great man , how you bro.. peace...
So how was it flooring iron mike??how did he react??

And how is going to feel ending shane camerons career??
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #13
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

is that really friday?? if it is a pleasure to meet ya, i remember now where i heard your a big puncher i think iron mike said you were the hardest hitting heavyweight he had sparred or faced im pretty certain it was that to some extent, big compliment there must of been happy with that....
just curious how many actual fighters post on these forums like pro boxers? would be interesting to see?
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #14
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I am actually not Friday, I am a close friend and will be with Friday tomorrow evening, I help him out with preparations for most of his fights.. I went to Manheim with him and worked his corner for the Povetkin fight and helped out in the corner for the Ibragimov fight (where we dropped the new champ twice before losing on a cut eye after a head but..) The best night we had as far as clean knockouts goes was a KO loss over Thomas Williams in Ft Lauderdale Florida where we were co main event .. That fight went like clockwork.. we wanted a few rounds and good boxing but Friday caught flu overnight because he left the window open in his hotel suite and slept in a draft.. He said to me that morning while snifling " I am going to mess this guy up quick so we can go home." He almost decapitated the DC heavy who commented "Man Ahunanya , you hit me like a Mack truck.." I didn't see it coming....... Friday is very up for this one and sees this like he did the Ibragimov fight as a chance to get back in the big time.. Cameron had better be ready.. Friday has been sparring Sammy Peter and Sergei.. Cameron is in trouble.

God bless... Stephen J... (team Ahunanya)
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #15
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Friday has been sparring Sammy Peter and Sergei
Ouch...this will test Cameron out in a big, big way. If Friday comes in shape it's going to be one helluva fight.
ipswich express is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum