Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #61
Trenaman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: When Your Heart Ruled Your Head...

The problem now is these 24/7 and 360 shows. Normally u make calls based on previous fights / styles but with these shows it becomes personal. U get to see more of them believe what they are saying and get wrapped up in it!
Trenaman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #62
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenaman View Post
The problem now is these 24/7 and 360 shows. Normally u make calls based on previous fights / styles but with these shows it becomes personal. U get to see more of them believe what they are saying and get wrapped up in it!
100% right !!!!!!!

After Mayweather Hatton 24/7 i was convinced Hatton was gonna have his way with Floyd and couldnt see the fight going any other way if im honest , i think this rings very true with Hatton , because Hatton has this inner belief that he cant and wont be beaten , at least he did pre Floyd , and it just rubs off and you see the look in the mans eye and you think he's ****in right he's capable of walking through walls this little cunt !!!!!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #63
ricardoparker93
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5403

Margarito over Mosley. I honestly thought he would beat the shit into him... oh dear ha. But I am quite proud of my picks with Hatton, even though all my mates were picking him to win I had Mayweather on points and Pac by KO
ricardoparker93 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #64
harvinmagler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1450

again, hatton v pac, leading up to it, ricky looked as sharp as id ever seen him in the sparring videos, now makes sense that he peaked too early
harvinmagler is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #65
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075

Tarver to beat Dawson. Twice.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #66
TheGiftedOne
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Danny Williams Vs Vitali

Hatton Vs PBF
TheGiftedOne is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #67
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I don't think Margarito > Mosley was a particularly dumb pick at the time.

The form lines suggested Margarito would have his number, especially given the way Mosley laboured like hell and was arguably losing to Mayorga in his previous outing.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #68
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftedOne View Post
Danny Williams Vs Vitali

Hatton Vs PBF

**** me, thats a bad pick.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #69
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
... and you made a tit of yourself against your better judgement.

Anyone else made embaressing picks due to blind patriotism and/or falling for pre-fight hype? I shall start and be honest here: as much as I rate PBF (regular posters will know how much I rate him), I honestly fell for the pre-fight 'Undefeated' event hype and started to really believe that Hatton could give PBF one hell of a performance and maybe upset the odds.

This is without a doubt my ultimate boxing fan related shame and I still cringe now when I look back. Stylistically, Hatton was never going to win this fight and, against my better judgement, I got consumed by the event. Anyone else got any bad boxing picks they want to 'fess up about when they allowed their heart to rule their head?

Haha, guilty as charged.

For weeks before I was thinking that Floyd would beat Hatton. Jumping on the plane to Vegas, I thought Floyd would beat Hatton. By the time I got off, I had convinved myself that Hatton had enough to stop Floyd late on.

Yup, truly delusional.

Other picks... hmm, none that, in hindsight, seem really ridiculous;

Khan to beat Prescott, ODLH to beat Pac, Marg to beat Mosely
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #70
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i suppose it has to be hatton-mayweather.

i did think if mayweather fought a defensive fight that hatton had a chance. went with a hatton close pts decision.

of course floyd fought a much more attacking fight than i ever thought he would and ended up sorting ricky out rather harshly.

i learned me lesson by the time of the pac fight and i was not looking forward to that fight one little bit. pac's style always looked a horrible one for rick though.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #71
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

For me it was Bradley vs Peterson. Got it completely wrong.

I always shamefully hated on Timmy. Lol Don't know why maybe its his pathetic dress sense and cheap suits. Yeah Tim is not a designer guy that's for sure. Those wrinkle free suits can be road over by a mack truck and they still don't wrinkle. LOL!

You'll also notice that Tim completely gives up on the tie length at belt even. His coat is also about 4" too wide so he keeps the buttons buttoned when sitting. Even though his color blind blazer is draping over his frame like shoulder pads, I defy any man to find a single wrinkle when he gets that FNF studio swag on! You've got a better chance at beating Prince in b-ball then to find a single wrinkle on Tim's $99 getdown.

I've seen the light now though and appreciate Timmy's all round skills and vast improvement, I just have a soft spot for the Petersons and serious thought Lamont would win, Tim was just too loosy goosy for him but i'm sure Lamont will come again. Never listen to me when it comes to a Bradley fight though, my career prediction record vs. JC Penney wrinkle free suit is like 0-5. Hell I may've even picked Kendall and Edner over "Haggar straight from the rack" (not really. LOL) so I'm not exactly the best critic when it comes to Mr. 2 suits for $199. Oh Kendall gave him the business though but put himself behind the 8 ball with the Tarver antics before the bell.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #72
Carnage
KingFroch
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2556

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiftedOne View Post
Danny Williams Vs Vitali

Hatton Vs PBF
And the winner is.......TheGiftedOne!!!!
Carnage is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #73
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
For me it was Bradley vs Peterson. Got it completely wrong.

I always shamefully hated on Timmy. Lol Don't know why maybe its his pathetic dress sense and cheap suits. Yeah Tim is not a designer guy that's for sure. Those wrinkle free suits can be road over by a mack truck and they still don't wrinkle. LOL!

You'll also notice that Tim completely gives up on the tie length at belt even. His coat is also about 4" too wide so he keeps the buttons buttoned when sitting. Even though his color blind blazer is draping over his frame like shoulder pads, I defy any man to find a single wrinkle when he gets that FNF studio swag on! You've got a better chance at beating Prince in b-ball then to find a single wrinkle on Tim's $99 getdown.

I've seen the light now though and appreciate Timmy's all round skills and vast improvement, I just have a soft spot for the Petersons and serious thought Lamont would win, Tim was just too loosy goosy for him but i'm sure Lamont will come again. Never listen to me when it comes to a Bradley fight though, my career prediction record vs. JC Penney wrinkle free suit is like 0-5. Hell I may've even picked Kendall and Edner over "Haggar straight from the rack" (not really. LOL) so I'm not exactly the best critic when it comes to Mr. 2 suits for $199. Oh Kendall gave him the business though but put himself behind the 8 ball with the Tarver antics before the bell.
his suits are shocking i agree.

I remember your thread on the fight Slip. I went for Timmy but you had me thinking on that fight...you gave good reason for why Lamont could win that one. Lamont will come back...i really hope so...what a warrior he dug deep just like him and his bro have in there childhoods.

Bradley to me was like Pacquiao is to most...i didn't appreciate the win other Witter or Cherry...it was the Holt fight which showed me he had the will to be a champion and was gonna take some beating. Watching his training with Diaz i can see a fighter evolving with each camp...now i'm a huge fan of the guy. Shame about his suits..but his Promoter isn't the most stylish either (Gary Shaw).

Peterson is actually very similar...just hasn't evolved as much as a fighter...Timmy caught Lamont perfectly...a year or so down the line things become nip and tuck and it's a pick em.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #74
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2863

dunne vs poonswatt from watching footage of poonswatt he seemed extremly open to left hooks so thought dunne was gonna stop him in the eleventh how wrong i was
tony mush is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #75
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hatton vs mayweather
s23041983 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum