Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland
vCash: 1000
Default Hatton's next fight to be in Britain

In my opinion this is almost a certainty.

HBO's contract with Hatton has now expired and it's rumoured HBO will offer Hatton a new three fight deal for 10million(not sure if pounds or dollars). Obviously Hatton will have plenty of other offers as well.

Ricky has stated he would like his next fight to be in Britain and with his new increased barginning power he will probably get his way.So what does this mean? Firstly, Mayweather has now stated he wants to fight Hatton. Will Mayweather come to Britain to fight him? Highly unlikely I would say.

Oscar has said he WOULD be happy to fight Hatton in Britain so this is a possiblity,although I just have a hunch that Oscar won't be Hatton's NEXT opponent, but maybe somewhere down the line instead.

Malignaggi also wants Hatton, but would he be prepared to travel? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure.

Hatton hates Witter so unlikely he'd want to give him a career high payday, although if Harris beats Witter for the WBC this is another possiblity, although Harris has also pissed Hatton off by pulling out of an arranged fight before Hatton fought Zoo.

My bet would be Malignaggi in Britain, followed by Floyd in the States
David UK is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: Hatton's next fight to be in Britain

malignaggi's promoter said they will only fight at the MSG.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
Where did he get his bargoning power from? If the moneys right he'd fight on the moon.
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles187
Where did he get his bargoning power from? If the moneys right he'd fight on the moon.
You don't understand the sort of man Hatton is. He's already very wealthy and is set to become even more so. His contract is up and he will go with whoever offers him what he wants, and apparently that includes a deal where his next fight is in the UK for his home fans. If he has to accept half a mil less to get it, I think he will
David UK is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Napuis
Straight talkin' mo'fuhha
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
LOL. Hatton wouldn't want to disappoint him, he wouldn't want to miss out on this superfight.

Paul who?
Napuis is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
You don't understand the sort of man Hatton is. He's already very wealthy and is set to become even more so. His contract is up and he will go with whoever offers him what he wants, and apparently that includes a deal where his next fight is in the UK for his home fans. If he has to accept half a mil less to get it, I think he will
I ment paulie - where did HE get his bargoning power over an ATG like Hatton (lol - thats gonna piss some off)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoppelGanger
LOL. Hatton wouldn't want to disappoint him, he wouldn't want to miss out on this superfight.

Paul who?
I cant spell his surname without looking either!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles187
I ment paulie - where did HE get his bargoning power over an ATG like Hatton (lol - thats gonna piss some off)
Oh I see!! Please make yourself clear in future

Hatton is red hot at the moment with everyone queueing up to fight him. Most of them are bigger names than Paulie so if he really wants Hatton it won't be very clever of him to insist on it being in New York. Hatton will simply accept a different offer
David UK is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #9
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Oh I see!! Please make yourself clear in future

Hatton is red hot at the moment with everyone queueing up to fight him. Most of them are bigger names than Paulie so if he really wants Hatton it won't be very clever of him to insist on it being in New York. Hatton will simply accept a different offer
please accept my appologies - it will never happen again!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #10
Napuis
Straight talkin' mo'fuhha
ESB Full Member

Exactly. You are Hatton, being offered and linked to fights with Mayweather, De La Hoya, Cotto, Mosley...and Malignaggi comes out, criticises your record and career, says you're crap and will hand you a hiding (but only in New York). Someone who hasn't beaten anyone, but whose claim to fame is not being KOd by Cotto.

Junior Witter has tried this route. Hatton won't fight little insignificant bitches just because they have big mouths and keep offering him out. At least when he does it to Mayweather, he has 43 wins and 32 KOs to back him up, with wins over Phillips, Tszyu and Castillo.
Napuis is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #11
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:

Paul who?
believe it or not hatton could make quiet abit of cash fighting paulie at MSG, paulie is loved in new york and hatton will bring his fans, it will be packed like cotto-judah.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #12
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Exactly. You are Hatton, being offered and linked to fights with Mayweather, De La Hoya, Cotto, Mosley...and Malignaggi comes out, criticises your record and career, says you're crap and will hand you a hiding (but only in New York). Someone who hasn't beaten anyone, but whose claim to fame is not being KOd by Cotto.

Junior Witter has tried this route. Hatton won't fight little insignificant bitches just because they have big mouths and keep offering him out. At least when he does it to Mayweather, he has 43 wins and 32 KOs to back him up, with wins over Phillips, Tszyu and Castillo.
nice post!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #13
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:

mayweather hasn't really made anything official, the oscar fight is a rumour, cotto and mosley know nothing about fighting hatton they have fights lined up.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

Funny I was going to make the Magic Man - Switch Hitter Witter, link in an earlier post but my digits got tired.

I agree they are both adopting the same tactic, Top 5 fighters (at best) calling out the top of the weight class. Both big talkers, with nothing to offer yet feel a divine right to face Hatton and give him a beat down.

2 years time it will be Junior who? Paulie who? (which is sure easier than Maglinaggi - or whatever )

Said it in an earlier post, both are riding his coat-tails.
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #15
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayggr
Funny I was going to make the Magic Man - Switch Hitter Witter, link in an earlier post but my digits got tired.

I agree they are both adopting the same tactic, Top 5 fighters (at best) calling out the top of the weight class. Both big talkers, with nothing to offer yet feel a divine right to face Hatton and give him a beat down.

2 years time it will be Junior who? Paulie who? (which is sure easier than Maglinaggi - or whatever )

Said it in an earlier post, both are riding his coat-tails.
Why doesn't this reasoning apply to Margarito calling out Mayweather? Or Hatton calling out Mayweather?
mancat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum