Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
1-Ton
Walking in the Light
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1338
Default Hatton v Mayweather: Is it just me....

....or does all of the banter and circumstances leading up to this potential fight seem awfully scripted? I hate to be the conspiracy theorist here, and I'm not saying that I believe this necessarily, but think about it. Yes, Hatton reportedly turned down previous offers to fight Floyd, but he continued to talk trash. He has since fought 3 times in the US, presumably to build his popularity stateside. In those 3 fights, he has had 1 questionable decision, and 1 KO that could be classified as suspicious. His last victory was a <convincing?> KO against the closest thing to an active legend that you can get at that weight class. In the days leading up to the Castillo fight and immdeiately after, Hatton seized the oppurtunity to turn up the volume on the Mayweather trash talk, and now all of that talk has seemingly overshadowed the victory over Castillo. Now Hatton's popularity and stock are as high as ever, so of course it's time to make the PBF fight, right? If this fight happens, I'm just saying that the timing and circumstances seem pretty convenient. Could the timing and circumstances have been controlled? hmmm...
1-Ton is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton v Mayweather: Is it just me....

Hatton has always called out Mayweather and allegedly his team refused offers from the Mayweather camp when he was still at light welter. However Hatton has not trash talked Mayweather as far as I am aware.
Trash talk in my book is personal derogatory statements clearly designed at provoking a response from the said boxer and not boxing related.
Hatton has stated a desire to fight Mayweather on many ocassions and also recognised that Mayweather is the No1 p4p boxer on the planet - precisely why he has stated a desire to fight him.
The nearest to trash talk I have heard from Hatton's mouth regarding PBF was the 4 rounds more action than in Mayweather's career, which perhaps exagerrated was a pretty fair point from Hatton.
In any event the conspiracy theories surrounding Hatton's career could fill a best selling 800 page book. I think one should be written.

He is simply the luckiest boxer on the planet. Nothing to do with ability. Must be that bit of Irish in him.
grayggr is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum