Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #46
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Leonardo Zappavigna

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Zappa would improve ten fold if he threw more jabs. Hit the target a few more times with his offence after the jab and increase his chance of landing a shot his opponent doesnt see.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #47
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Good thing he won the early rounds. I wish he would get Roach to train him, I see potential.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #48
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Good thing he won the early rounds. I wish he would get Roach to train him, I see potential.
Yes. He swept them. All four.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #49
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Finally got to see this fight in full.

First of all Lenny did lose and pretty clearly. Not wide on the cards but IMO Angulo won his rounds bigger and did more damage. He was the better fighter on the night and deserved the nod.
It was like a man schooling a boy at times in that fight.

Lenny did a lot of things wrong in this fight that has already been pretty much covered. He is young and a lot can be worked on but I think Lenny just has limitations that will probably never be ironed out.

But a lot of positives can be taken out of this one. He was forced to really dig deep when the cuts happened and once Angulo figured him out, he was looking very frustrated.
Angulo didnt even bother to make weight and that would have helped him greatly in the ring. For a guy who only took the fight on short notice, he looked strong and well conditioned.

But still Lenny did himself proud and he was fortunate he doesnt have an L on his record that would have set his career back. He can take the positives out of getting beaten for the first time without having the actual loss on his ledger.
People need to remember this was a big step up against a bloke with miles more international experience and though he didnt pass the test in some ways, I think he showed he can hang at the next level. Hopefully his team can make the best of this opportunity and keep him in with this kind of opponent, so Lenny can keep developing as a fighter.
Ill be very disappointed if he takes a huge step back and keeps getting matched against the Filo of the month.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2010, 04:15 AM   #50
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post

First of all Lenny did lose and pretty clearly. Not wide on the cards but IMO Angulo won his rounds bigger and did more damage. He was the better fighter on the night and deserved the nod.

Lenny did a lot of things wrong in this fight that has already been pretty much covered. He is young and a lot can be worked on but I think Lenny just has limitations that will probably never be ironed out.

But a lot of positives can be taken out of this one. He was forced to really dig deep when the cuts happened and once Angulo figured him out, he was looking very frustrated.
Angulo didnt even bother to make weight and that would have helped him greatly in the ring. For a guy who only took the fight on short notice, he looked strong and well conditioned.

But still Lenny did himself proud and he was fortunate he doesnt have an L on his record that would have set his career back. He can take the positives out of getting beaten for the first time without having the actual loss on his ledger.
People need to remember this was a big step up against a bloke with miles more international experience and though he didnt pass the test in some ways, I think he showed he can hang at the next level. Hopefully his team can make the best of this opportunity and keep him in with this kind of opponent, so Lenny can keep developing as a fighter.
Ill be very disappointed if he takes a huge step back and keeps getting matched against the Filo of the month.
maybe he could have rightly won had he not suffered the cut..
ranser is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #51
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

Quote:

good post and good analysis.

i just had the darchinian bill delivered and watched the fight today and agree totally with your assesment
sean is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #52
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Geez mate, with the greatest repect, I hope this assessment comes with international experience.

"First of all Lenny did lose and pretty clearly."

Well secondly, I watched the same video & IMO, I disagree.

I watched it, sound off, & even with the split rounds, neither would have "won or lost it pretty clearly".

I think that the rest of the assessment based on a widely disputed result it less than credible.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to express an opinion or anything, but to intimate that the best thing that happened was he got a win out of a hammering is a pretty harsh thing to say about someone who many thought, grafted out a solid win against a bigger more experienced fighter, which puts a whole different light on what you described.
I had him up by 1 point.
(I've got no association with him BTW)

Cheers
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #53
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yeah I agree Rodin....I had him win by 2 rounds

to Whatarock
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 04:28 AM   #54
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Yeah I agree Rodin....I had him win by 2 rounds

to Whatarock
really?

i had him losing 7-5
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #55
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
really?

i had him losing 7-5

Sorry 1 point........my card...

Zappa rounds 1, 2, 3, 7, 11 and 12

Angulo rounds 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10

Round 9 draw because point off angulo

Pretty sure thats right...not seen the fight for a while
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #56
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Yeah.... but you had Mundine beating Geale 120- 108.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #57
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Yeah.... but you had Mundine beating Geale 120- 108.
Very funny...I had choc by 2 rounds
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #58
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anyway...

Someone made a comment about Zappavigna's lack of support in his corner in the Fernando fight, cutman and so forth.

I have stumbled across some notes I made while watching the Olarte fight, Zappa had to ask for water in round 4...amognst other short writing of speed, strength, patience and hard hitting body shots.

Tommy Mecuri, who else makes up the team?
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #59
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Geez mate, with the greatest repect, I hope this assessment comes with international experience.

"First of all Lenny did lose and pretty clearly."

Well secondly, I watched the same video & IMO, I disagree.

I watched it, sound off, & even with the split rounds, neither would have "won or lost it pretty clearly".

I think that the rest of the assessment based on a widely disputed result it less than credible.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to express an opinion or anything, but to intimate that the best thing that happened was he got a win out of a hammering is a pretty harsh thing to say about someone who many thought, grafted out a solid win against a bigger more experienced fighter, which puts a whole different light on what you described.
I had him up by 1 point.
(I've got no association with him BTW)

Cheers
Well with all due respect Rodin you have only picked out a very small portion of my post to call me out on and seemed to have missed the several positives things I have said about Lenny there. At no point did I intimate that was the best thing to come out of the fight for Lenny, I simply said he can move forward without a loss on his record but take the positives out of getting bested in the ring, which is pretty much win, win.
In boxing in the modern game a loss is far more devastating because fans and the powers at be are far more fickle and react far more negatively to a loss. Its just plain silliness not to acknowledge this is a plus for Lenny that he must take full advantage of.

I dont put much merit in the "watch the fight with sound off" method because anyone who has watched enough boxing can see through that and should be able to watch a fight with their own eyes. Not watching boxing with sound is unrealistic and frankly not very enjoyable.

To me mate you sound like someone who wanted to score that fight for Lenny and not someone who scored the fight objectively. Its pretty harsh on Angulo not to say he was the better fighter on the night.
The fact you got ash agreeing with you says it all
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #60
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Anyway...

Someone made a comment about Zappavigna's lack of support in his corner in the Fernando fight, cutman and so forth.

I have stumbled across some notes I made while watching the Olarte fight, Zappa had to ask for water in round 4...amognst other short writing of speed, strength, patience and hard hitting body shots.

Tommy Mecuri, who else makes up the team?
Mercuri.
one in a million is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum