Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #16
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: From Broken Man To Beast: Fighters Who Really were that much better after a beati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
Paulie Mallignaggi, as the more observant amongst you will know, is one of my favourite fighters in the sport today. However, I have to admit that prior to his first ever defeat, to Miguel Cotto, he flattered to decieve.

So I would say that it was the Cotto defeat that turned Paulie's career around. I still think that he beats Hatton 9 times out of 10 and simply had an awful night in November 2008.
I dunno. He had a bad couple of performances, not clearly beating Ngoudjo or N'Dou IMO in the run up to Hatton.

But he's redeemed himself since.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #17
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: From Broken Man To Beast: Fighters Who Really were that much better after a beati

Quote:
Paulie Mallignaggi, as the more observant amongst you will know, is one of my favourite fighters in the sport today. However, I have to admit that prior to his first ever defeat, to Miguel Cotto, he flattered to decieve.

So I would say that it was the Cotto defeat that turned Paulie's career around. I still think that he beats Hatton 9 times out of 10 and simply had an awful night in November 2008.
I put 100 on him winning a decision!!!!!

when you hear paulie talking about that fight, he is so convinced he would beat hatton now but realistic about his chances of getting the fight.

was so pissed off. said at the time i wouldnt let a documentary influence me so much on a fighter (anyone who hasnt seen magic man...........watch it)

i like his style and i like his personality. he also cares about the sport. Mallignaggi is probs one of my top 10 favourite fighters of all time.

have to disagree with you though Lee. he may have not won agaisnt Cotto but he certainly didnt loose if you no what i mean. went 12 rounds with the beat Cotto, went toe to toe with him with a broken jaw.

after hatton he switched trainers and has beaten Juan Diaz twice (although got robbed in 1) who is a decent world level fighter
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 AM   #18
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
I dunno. He had a bad couple of performances, not clearly beating Ngoudjo or N'Dou IMO in the run up to Hatton.

But he's redeemed himself since.
moved trainers. says Buddy McGrit tried to change his style to much.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #19
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
moved trainers. says Buddy McGrit tried to change his style to much.
I know. Fair play to him, he appears to be telling the truth if the Diaz fights are anything to go by
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #20
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:

Quote:
I put 100 on him winning a decision!!!!!

when you hear paulie talking about that fight, he is so convinced he would beat hatton now but realistic about his chances of getting the fight.

was so pissed off. said at the time i wouldnt let a documentary influence me so much on a fighter (anyone who hasnt seen magic man...........watch it)

i like his style and i like his personality. he also cares about the sport. Mallignaggi is probs one of my top 10 favourite fighters of all time.

have to disagree with you though Lee. he may have not won agaisnt Cotto but he certainly didnt loose if you no what i mean. went 12 rounds with the beat Cotto, went toe to toe with him with a broken jaw.

after hatton he switched trainers and has beaten Juan Diaz twice (although got robbed in 1) who is a decent world level fighter
How do you both have him against Khan?
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #21
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I didn't give him a chance of beating Hatton based on his previous two fights... with McGirt I felt he was an accident waiting to happen.

Easy money at 9/2 for a stoppage loss.

I can see him beating Khan.... if he can be the one moving in there rather than having to apply pressure Khan will make lots of mistakes.... a 116-112 decision in his favour wouldn't surprise me.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #22
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
100% want him to win, and I am a Khan fan.

50-50 on whether he can win. Got a feeling there will be another dodgy decision. Also fairly convinced Khan is doing something dodgy like Pacquiao, but thats a whole different argurement.

When Mallignaggi faced Hatton. I had my italian football shirt on, ordered a massive pizza, some italian style crisps and a crate of Peroni. I also cook the best meatballs of any non italian in the world..........i guarentee (got an amazing recipe of a Italian guy in Vegas)

Lee Mc if you live near London your welcome to join me for the Mallignaggi vs Khan fight.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #23
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Enzo Maccarenelli suffered a early KO blow to his career and bounced back all the way to become a World Champion !!!!

Enzo - it had been well documented was about 19 years old at the time - and was not taking the fight game seriously enough.

He was out drinking the night before at a Swansea Nighclub until the early hours.

The next day - he fought when still hung over - and was knocked out in 3 rounds by journeyman Lee Swaby.

With his bubble burst - Enzos career could have easily just fell by the wayside.

But he was determined he didnt want to be rembered as just some failed pretty boy.

Just another Glamour boy who didnt have what it took.

He wanted to be remebered for more than just a average boxer who just happened to have movie star good looks.

So despite his glass chin - through hard work and detemination he built himself back up and became WBU and WBO World Crusierweight Champion.

And also even though he got destroyed - he fought for the WBC / WBA World titles too.

So Enzo definetly became alot better fighter after his early KO loss.
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #24
MTB79
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgive Me View Post
Enzo Maccarenelli suffered a early KO blow to his career and bounced back all the way to become a World Champion !!!!

But he was determined he didnt want to be rembered as just some failed pretty boy.

He wanted to be remebered for more than just a average boxer who just happened to have movie star good looks.
MTB79 is online now  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgive Me View Post

Enzo - it had been well documented was about 19 years old at the time - and was not taking the fight game seriously enough.

He was out drinking the night before at a Swansea Nighclub until the early hours.

The next day - he fought when still hung over - and was knocked out in 3 rounds by journeyman Lee Swaby.

With his bubble burst - Enzos career could have easily just fell by the wayside.

So despite his glass chin - through hard work and detemination he built himself back up and became WBU and WBO World Crusierweight Champion.

And also even though he got destroyed - he fought for the WBC / WBA World titles too.

So Enzo definetly became alot better fighter after his early KO loss.

Back to your best
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #26
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Azumah Nelson. Shut the thread
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #27
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTB79 View Post

I dont see what the confusion is mate

It means sometimes because if your sterotype means you have to prove yourself even more

Take a blonde big breasted woman - if she is a Lawyer she has to work
extra hard to make people see that she is not your typical "blonde bimbo"

So when Enzo got knocked out he had to prove he was more than just a pretty face and he could do more with his life than be a glamour boy - he could become a top boxer too.
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #28
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
I've got him winning a controversial decision. It will be a close fight but I think he'll get the nod.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #29
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Also fairly convinced Khan is doing something dodgy like Pacquiao, but thats a whole different argurement.
Based on what? Putting 5 pounds of weight on?
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
Gaz S
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
Azumah Nelson. Shut the thread
Aaah, beat me to it!
Gaz S is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum