Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #46
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: From Broken Man To Beast: Fighters Who Really were that much better after a beati

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
From now on your new name is "Enzo the baker" I'm a huge "Godfather" fan and Enzo was the Chorleone's family baker. When Don Chorleone was in the hospital from a gun shots by the rival family, his son guarded the front of the hospital and Enzo who was no gangster but the baker, stood by Michael and guarded the door as if he had a gun. Your protection for Maccarenelli reminds me of Enzo's loyalty for the Don. Lol.

Maybe you want to call Frank ****** "Enzo the baker" he put him in with so many bums.

I'm not for protecting Maccarenelli - I would love to see him fight the best out there
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #47
diagnosismurder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: From Broken Man To Beast: Fighters Who Really were that much better after a beati

Johnny Nelson

Lost 12 of his first thirty something fights to go on the become the champion of the world for i believe seven to eight years
diagnosismurder is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #48
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

A young Pacman would have been considered as having a glass body/chin
izmat is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #49
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
Azumah Nelson. Shut the thread
But did he really get much better, he gave Sanchez absoloute hell then kinda did what was expected of him afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz S View Post
What about Pernell Whitaker after the first Ramirez fight? In a way, you can make an arguement for it's qualifications in this thread.
Yes Sweet Pea was robbed out of sight in that one, but it was still officially a "loss". Just look what he went on to do afterwards!
I think he matured his style alot after this 'loss' and became a better all round fighting machine.

Alexis Arguello - after his loss with Marcel. He realised he needed much more technique to become a world champion and focussed on his skills which led him to be one of the greatests.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #50
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

What about Nigel Benn lost to Eubank then moved up in weight to secure his legacy as a british great at super middle including a contenscious draw against Eubank and odviously the war against McClellan to name but two fights ....

I personally think he was a better fighter after that defeat and chiselled his legacy from then onwards...
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #51
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
What about Nigel Benn lost to Eubank then moved up in weight to secure his legacy as a british great at super middle including a contenscious draw against Eubank and odviously the war against McClellan to name but two fights ....

I personally think he was a better fighter after that defeat and chiselled his legacy from then onwards...
i THINK THE wATSON DEFEAT WAS JUST AS IMPORTANT (oops caps)
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum