Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #31
eko718
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison
Those videos are not a good example. Jones was just coming off the controversial DQ loss to Griffin which was also his first career loss and a circumstance reminiscent(to him) of when he got robbed of the gold medal in the Seoul Korea Olympics. In that first interview he was understandably animated due to the intense anger he felt coming in to the fight and the intense justification he likely felt after having destroyed Griffin in the fashion he did.
eko718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #32
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
eubank, benn, calzaghe, DM - instead of taking on the real challenges he chose to fight civil servants and sanitation workers in america instead and pulled the wool over an entire nations eyes.

hell, even mcllelan or nunn would have exposed jones, but roy was too busy pretending to be mcllelans best friend so he didn't have to fight him.

I love the civil servant thing does mike tyson get crap for losing to a 40-1 underdog carpenter in Buster Douglas ? And DM they same man who got his ass beat by Graciano ! Hall or Gonzalez but by some flukes he manges to get wins over them ?

Yeah tough challenges the fight with McClean would of happened if he had not got injures it was always public knowldege how he and Roy were close and would of fought him Oh and the same Nunn that gopt beat by Toney whom Jones clowned ?? Calzaghe ?? You can't be serious even he admitted he wanted no part of Jones yeah sure he would of exposed him hah ha ha . Yeah I see your hating ass logic make soo much sense .
Imperial1 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #33
suckay singh
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 92
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

gabe brown doesnt look fat in the first video.
suckay singh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #34
SnakeFist7
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46and0 View Post
You are banging your head against a brick wall with these Roy Jones fanboy nuthuggers, amigo. They don't like to be told the truth that Roy Jones was a sham and has a Glass Jaw
46and0.. to be honest I don't think you are as ridiculous as that headbanger guy and Rico. I know for a fact that you do not really think he was sham or a joke. You can't be that stupid.
SnakeFist7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #35
SnakeFist7
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

How does one put others on ignore? I would like to put ignore on Handbanger and his asinine postings.
SnakeFist7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #36
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeFist7 View Post
How does one put others on ignore? I would like to put ignore on Handbanger and his asinine postings.

thats it, ignore the facts and pull the wool over your eyes. you must be american
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #37
agentsmith
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
And DM they same man who got his ass beat by Graciano ! Hall or Gonzalez but by some flukes he manges to get wins over them ?
Ive only seen the last round of Gracianno vs D.M and i lost interest in watching any of his fights after that
agentsmith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #38
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1 View Post
I love the civil servant thing does mike tyson get crap for losing to a 40-1 underdog carpenter in Buster Douglas ? And DM they same man who got his ass beat by Graciano ! Hall or Gonzalez but by some flukes he manges to get wins over them ?

Yeah tough challenges the fight with McClean would of happened if he had not got injures it was always public knowldege how he and Roy were close and would of fought him Oh and the same Nunn that gopt beat by Toney whom Jones clowned ?? Calzaghe ?? You can't be serious even he admitted he wanted no part of Jones yeah sure he would of exposed him hah ha ha . Yeah I see your hating ass logic make soo much sense .

the mcclellan fight would have never happened with roy, he punched too hard and besides jones had more sanitation workers to take care of. he left mcclellan to a true warrior like benn.

so micheal nunn loses a fight against toney and that means jones must of beat him its like saying that because c-level fighters like tarver and johnson shattered roys fragile jaw, that they could beat hopkins

prime calzaghe would have been the best fighter that roy would have ever faced but roy daren't leave his own country because he got a bad decision as an amateur abroad

the difference between calzaghe and jones is that calzaghe had a chin, had heart, and could adapt to a plan B when the going got tough where as roy didn't and collapsed like a pack of cards everytime the going got tough
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #39
Medicine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 2,135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
thats it, ignore the facts and pull the wool over your eyes. you must be american
Shut the **** up with your "american" bullshit. The nationalistic crap people spew out on here is annoying and has no purpose.

You knock Roy for fighting "sanitation workers" but rant about how great Calzaghe was when at the same time he was fighting "irish drunks". Roy actually has a quite decent resume, Virgil Hill, Marqee Sosa, James Toney, Hopkins, Ruiz at heavyweight, .......and ofcourse your going to try and discredit all of them, when in fact you can do the same shit with Calzaghe's resume.
Lacy-Overrated
Kessler-Overrated, schooled by a 20 fight novice
Hopkins-Way past it...and was robbed
Jones-shot to shit

Now I dont feel this way about Joe C but im just showing how easy it is to discredit someones wins like how you do to Roy.
Medicine is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #40
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine View Post
Shut the **** up with your "american" bullshit. The nationalistic crap people spew out on here is annoying and has no purpose.

You knock Roy for fighting "sanitation workers" but rant about how great Calzaghe was when at the same time he was fighting "irish drunks". Roy actually has a quite decent resume, Virgil Hill, Marqee Sosa, James Toney, Hopkins, Ruiz at heavyweight, .......and ofcourse your going to try and discredit all of them, when in fact you can do the same shit with Calzaghe's resume.
Lacy-Overrated
Kessler-Overrated, schooled by a 20 fight novice
Hopkins-Way past it...and was robbed
Jones-shot to shit

Now I dont feel this way about Joe C but im just showing how easy it is to discredit someones wins like how you do to Roy.


true, you can dis-credit every fighter in some way, but its time every roy jones faced up to what jones was

1 - an amazingly skilled fighter
2 - a cherry picker that ducked the best challenges
3 - a fighter with a glass chin
4 - a fighter with no heart when the going got tough
5 - a fighter who had no plan B when the going got tough
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #41
SnakeFist7
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
thats it, ignore the facts and pull the wool over your eyes. you must be american
You have no facts -- everything you say is ridiculous and shows that you know little about boxing or fights are made. It's a neverending thing with you. All sides saying whatever they want, coming up with proofs. What's the point? Jones didn't duck them. Half of the people Jones fight in his prime, would KTFO this version of Jones now.
SnakeFist7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #42
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,188
vCash: 75
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

He reminds me of Floyd Jr.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
SnakeFist7
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
true, you can dis-credit every fighter in some way, but its time every roy jones faced up to what jones was

1 - an amazingly skilled fighter
2 - a cherry picker that ducked the best challenges
3 - a fighter with a glass chin
4 - a fighter with no heart when the going got tough
5 - a fighter who had no plan B when the going got tough
Your post are repetitive and completely nonsensical. If Roy didn't have heart, even past his prime he would not have fought on to eek out a decision against Tarver by winning the last rounds. If he didn't have heart, really past it, he would've look for a way out of continuing a fight with Calzaghe after having a horrific cut that really should've stopped the fight anyways. Him getting his ass kicked now is due to many different factors, all of which have nothing to do with heart. If he didn't have heart he wouldn't even step in the ring. The guy gets KTFO in every meaningful fight now and yet he still goes on. And he was versatile in his prime. Sometimes he lead with hooks, sometimes with right hands, sometimes with jabs, sometimes he turned southpaw, sometimes he drew fighters in when he laid on the ropes to get them to open up so he could catch them inbetween their punches, and at times he used his creativity in the ring to confuse his opponents or get them to open up. To say he didn't have a plan B is suggesting that he did not have versatility which is ridiculously stupid.

The only fighter he cherry picked was Ruiz. There is no other fighter in his prime years that he cherry picked. He fought his mandatories and fought a few HOFer's and ATG's. The only fights that could've been made are Benn, Collins, Eubanks, B-Hop rematch, and DM. Benn was offered money, for whatever reason he did not take it. But more efforts were made, but like most fights that dont come off, promoter issues prevailed. Eubanks didn't even want to fight Jones. He stated recently that he did not, as it was a bad business move for him at that time. Collins, I have NO IDEA why that fight did not happen. With DM it's as much his fault as it is Roy's fight. 60-40 with B-hop was more than responsible. Jones resume is pretty damn good, it could've been better, but it was pretty damn good. If Calzaghe had that resume you would be talking how he is the greatest out there. The best wins on Calzaghe's records, both fighters failed to show that they were great wins after the fact by not going on to do much. Kessler still has time though. And B-Hop wasn't one of his best, as he looked bad in that fight, it was a ugly fight, that many felt B-Hop got the W. Roy on the other hands, MANY MANY people he beat went on to become champions and have success after their defeat by him, showing their worth.

This is why I am putting you on ignore list. You are so bias and ignorant when it comes to Jones, I actually feel embarrassed that I acknowledge your post enough to want to block that stupidity out of my ESB experience. At least Rico is funny at times.

Last edited by SnakeFist7; 02-23-2010 at 03:40 PM.
SnakeFist7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #44
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 6,483
vCash: 760
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
hopkins - green, over-rated american
toney - green , over-rated american
hill - was past it
mccallum - was past it

griffin - got destroyed by DM


If Roy wasn't past it when he was beat by Johnson, then these guys must be prime. Hell, Roy was older than Hill when he was "exposed" by Johnson.

Why do you grant Hill the exception of being past it, but call Roy exposed?

Also, would you mind naming the sanitation workers? You still have not done that.

As for Roy ducking all the good fighters, did you know they fought a lot of the same people? Did you know some of those fighters Roy was "ducking" struggled with and were even beaten by people that Roy destroyed?

Its easy to sit over seas and act like you wanna fight.... Every one of them knew they would have got their ass kicked, all they had to do was come fight.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #45
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,472
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Jones Junior Post Fight Interviews - A Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeFist7 View Post
You have no facts -- everything you say is ridiculous and shows that you know little about boxing or fights are made. It's a neverending thing with you. All sides saying whatever they want, coming up with proofs. What's the point? Jones didn't duck them. Half of the people Jones fight in his prime, would KTFO this version of Jones now.


keep barkin shit like that and you'll be joining 'mind reader' on my ignore list
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013