ARREOLA 34 51.52%
ADAMEK 32 48.48%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #16
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arreola-Adamek: How Does The Brit Forum See This Humdinger Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post

Chillax, dude. I accept that it wasn't worded very well. What I was trying to convey is that, IMO, an Adamek UD is the logical choice in this fight on the surface of assessing this fight, but I just think Arreola has too much. This is the ultimate gauge of how well Adamek can do at HW in the long-term, IMO.

Adamek has been wobbled before and now he is stepping in the ring with a genuine HW who is as tough as they come. I think this fight will be one of those instances where everything on paper in terms of skillset points to a particular fighter, but the reality of what will pan out in the ring will be somehting entirely different.

Arreola late TKO in spite of Adamek's huge amount of advantages on paper, IMO.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #17
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post

Chillax, dude. I accept that it wasn't worded very well. What I was trying to convey is that, IMO, an Adamek UD is the logical choice in this fight on the surface of assessing this fight, but I just think Arreola has too much. This is the ultimate gauge of how well Adamek can do at HW in the long-term, IMO.

Adamek has been wobbled before and now he is stepping in the ring with a genuine HW who is as tough as they come. I think this fight will be one of those instances where everything on paper in terms of skillset points to a particular fighter, but the reality of what will pan out in the ring will be somehting entirely different.

Arreola late TKO in spite of Adamek's huge amount of advantages on paper, IMO.
I know what you were trying to say mate, I agreed with every word.

I was just messing
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #18
johna_83
31/10/2010
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Very intriguing fight, looking forward to it.

I'm a fan of Adamek, and would love him to totally outclass Arreola before stopping him late on accumulation, but i picked Arreola. I just see the size being too much, Arreola took Vitali's best punches for 10 rounds and didn't seem in any danger of being stopped so i don't think Adamek will hurt him, and if he does Arreola has shown decent powers of recovery.

Although Adamek has got a proven chin he hasn't been hit by anyone near Arreola's size and power, and i think that will be the deciding factor.
johna_83 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #19
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I am going with adamek, simply because he is a bit more mobile, and i think he will be able to ride a lot of arreola's punches, connect with his own (he won't KO arreola outright), and wear him down and get a late tko victory.
The only thing in my eyes that can change this is if arreola lands big, and we find adameks chin wanting
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #20
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'm going to go against the Adamek heavyweight bandwagon and say Arreola. You know why if you watched the Estrada fight.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #21
Mookhound
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Arreola.

Adamek really shouldn't be in the HW division, he isn't like Haye who was borderline hw anyway.

We could then have Haye-Arreola. Haye would absolutely batter him.
Mookhound is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #22
Mookhound
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I'm going to go against the Adamek heavyweight bandwagon and say Arreola. You know why if you watched the Estrada fight.
Absolutely. The simple point is that Arreola would've destroyed Estrada. It ain't always styles make fights - sometimes fighters just plain ain't good or big enough.
Mookhound is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #23
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

I don't think anybody has a clear styles edge anyway. There are ways both can and probably will be successful for periods of the fight. I'm sure many are thinking Adamek is way too skilled, he'll box and move, that could work for a while. But the flip side is he didn't have a high work-rate in the Estrada fight as it progressed, as a result Estrada made some rounds close with very crude pressure tactics. He was able to do that because Adamek couldn't hurt him at all.

If Adamek can't hurt this guy how is he going to win? You have to think Arreola is going to be even more successful in putting pressure on Adamek, he's going to punch far harder too. Suddenly you can magnify the problems Adamek encountered tenfold.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Adamek points

I hope he outworks him massively just so "the nightmare" wakes up to the fact he is supposed to be an elite athlete and not a dough boy. The wlad, vitali, haye, adamek, holyfield look how an athlete should look after the right foods and an intense training camp.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #25
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Arreola stoppage. I like Adamek a lot, but people read far too much into Arreola's shape. He's no Sam Peter, he comes into fights overweight but is still effective. When does Arreola run out of gas or not throw enough?
Squire is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #26
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
Arreola stoppage. I like Adamek a lot, but people read far too much into Arreola's shape. He's no Sam Peter, he comes into fights overweight but is still effective. When does Arreola run out of gas or not throw enough?
Vitali fight

I know everyone has a different natural shape but its well documented he eats shit and i dont care who you are everyone can lose fat. If you are blessed with the skill to get to the top you owe it to yourself to train right and eat right.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Vitali fight

I know everyone has a different natural shape but its well documented he eats shit and i dont care who you are everyone can lose fat. If you are blessed with the skill to get to the top you owe it to yourself to train right and eat right.
Nah, he was pressuring Vitali all fight if I remember rightly. I might give it another watch if you think he gassed but I don't remember that happening
Squire is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #28
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Vitali fight

That's rubbish, nothing wrong with Arreola's gas in the Vitali fight. Considering he was taking a royal beating he did well to press forward as long as he did. Taking punishment is far more energy sapping then having a straight forward night.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #29
rooq
East Side Guru

hopefully adamek outpoints lardy.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

I think Arreola stops him late on. Adamek just doesn't have the power to keep Nipples off him and Adamek is bound to get caught up in a brawl which would favour Arreola. Would like Adamek to win though.
ishy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum